05.3 MOON IS 뭔들

Coincidentally On Purpose
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[PART FIVE point THREE]

 

Friday Night,

Yongsun was already getting ready to go to bed even though it was only a little pass 8pm. She turned the lights off and clumsily went to her bed. She laid down and looked up to the ceiling and it reminded her of someone. Byulyi.

 

Her ceiling was full of glow in the dark stickers that were stars. She groaned at the thought, in a good way. For the past few days, Byulyi would always remind her about their date tomorrow and would about it when she became flustered.

 

She reached out for her phone to check the time, 8:17pm. It was still too early for her to go to bed, but she couldn’t help it. She wanted to sleep early so that Saturday would come faster. Yes, she was excited for their date. She put her phone back on the table and adjusted to a more comfortable sleeping position. She closed her eyes.

 

 

“Yongsun!”

 

She opened her eyes. She swore she heard someone call her. She sat up and looked around her room. When she saw no one, she laid back down. “I must’ve just dreamt it.” As she was about to fall asleep again, she heard it again. Louder.

 

“Heyy! Yongsun!!”

 

She sat back up. It was Byulyi’s voice. “Byulyi?” A knock on her window was heard. “Out here! Open up.”

 

She looked at her window and saw a silhouette. She went and set the curtains aside. “Omo! Byulyi-yah! What are you doing here?” She gasped.

 

“Open up.” Byulyi, who was sitting on a tree branch, commanded. Hurriedly, Yongsun opened her window and Byulyi went inside her room.

 

“Hey, Yongsun.” Byulyi greeted as she sat on Yongsun’s bed. “What are you doing here? And why didn’t you just go in through the front door?” Yongsun hit Byulyi.

 

“I have to ask you something.”

 

“Really, Byulyi? You climbed a tree to sneak into my room just because you had to ask me something? You could’ve just texted me or something!” Yongsun was mad, but the concerned mad.

“Don’t be mad. I just really need to ask you.” Byulyi smiled at Yongsun. “And see you…” It was rather a whisper but Yongsun heard it, she turned around to hide her smile.

“Still. You could’ve just went through the front door.”

Byulyi, as if satisfied with something, grinned. “So can I ask you my question now?”

Yongsun faced Byulyi once again. “What is it?”

Byulyi stood up and approached Yongsun. “Do you like me, Yongsun?”

They were looking at each other but when she couldn’t handle it anymore, Yongsun looked away and walked towards the window that Byulyi entered just a few moments ago. “That’s it? You went all those trouble to ask me that?”

Byulyi groaned and went beside Yongsun. She made the slightly smaller girl face her. “Just answer the question, Sun.”

Yongsun thought for a moment then answered. “Yes.” Byulyi smiled like an idiot upon hearing Yongsun’s answer.

Yongsun hit Byulyi, making the latter jerk away while laughing. “Aiish..Go home, Byul! You’re just teasing me.” Yongsun reopened the window.

To Yongsun’s surprise, Byulyi didn’t answer her and just went out the window and sat on the tree branch. Byulyi sat there, looking at Yongsun who was inside her room.

“What?”

“Come with me, Sun. Let’s run away tonight.” Byulyi smiled and offered her hand.

Yongsun didn’t know why but she didn’t find the idea shocking. There was something in Byulyi’s eyes that made her want to come with her. “I’m already in my pajamas, Moon.”

Byulyi broke into laughter. “Then get changed, I’ll wait here.” And just like that, Yongsun went to get changed.

After a few minutes and no word from Yongsun had been heard, Byulyi felt anxious. “Hey, Yongsun. Don’t tell me you went to sleep again.” Byulyi frowned.

Yongsun’s curtain were set to the side, revealing Yongsun who had just changed into casual clothes. “Sorry, I didn’t know what to wear. So I just matched your outfit.”

Yongsun did match Byulyi’s outfit. They were both wearing sweaters, black skinny jeans and a snapback. They only differed in color.

Byulyi smiled. “Come on then.” and offered her hand.

--

Byulyi was texting someone as soon as Yongsun and her had successfully sneaked out from Yongsun’s room and were already on the street. They were standing at an intersection.

“Who’re you texting?” Yongsun leaned onto Byulyi’s back, making her chin rest on Byulyi’s shoulder.

Byulyi pressed send and faced Yongsun. “DalYi unni. She’s helping us run away.” She beamd at Yongsun.

Then a car stopped parallel to them, the window rolled down. It was DalYi. “Sup, lovebirds. Hop in.”

Byulyi took Yongsun by the hand and entered the car.

As soon as they settled onto their seats, DalYi smiled at them “Hey, Solar.”

Embarrassed, Yongsun bowed. “Annyeonghaseyo unni.”

“So, let’s go?” DalYi asked for confirmation and Byulyi just nodded.

--

“I’m picking you up tomorrow morning.” DalYi said at the two who she dropped off at their company building. Byuly

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter