Practicing

You like me?
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter Five

 

 

Zico got up ready to leave when his phone started to vibrate. He saw that it was a message from his mom. Come out. Hurry! Not bothering to text her back asking why was she at his school, he put on his book bag and headed towards the door. He still didn’t glance at Taeil. He was walking out the front door and stop dead in his tracks. She did not, he thought. Parked right at the gate was a shiny new black Aston Martin DB9 GT… This car just came out. How the hell did she pay for such an expensive car!? She got out the car, took off her shades and looked at me seriously. Then she broke out in a wide grin and threw her arms wide open. “Well. What are you waiting for? Get in!” She got in and honked the horn.  Embarrassed someone might see, he hurried up and got in the car. “Mom…” Zico started. She shook her head. “Don’t you start Zi Zi. So how do you like it?” She asked him. He looked around. It was a two seater. The inside was black and it had blue lights. Two people could get in the back but in order to, the seat would have to be pulled forward in order for them to get in and out. He don't have any friends except for… shaking his head he looked at his mom. “I like it mom. It’s really nice.” He replied. She started to giggle. “Welllll…” She started. “It is now yours.” Zico mouth dropped as he heard those words come out . “You had your license for a while now but you never had anything to drive. I felt bad even if you said you liked walking. Alsooo, your birthday is in a couple more weeks and I’ve been saving for a long long time for this. All my hard work has paid off. I know I could have waited but I was so excited that I couldn't wait any longer. Happy Early Birthday Love!”

Zico was still shocked that he couldn’t speak. He stared at his mom for a while before he actually found his voice. “Wow- wow mom. I don’t know what to say. It’s really awesome that you got me this but I wished you didn’t spend so much for my birthday. I would have been contented with just having a quiet dinner out with you.” She glanced over at him. “Aww. That’s sweet sweety but I love you. I haven’t done anything special for you ever since… you know. So please let me be a mom and spoil you. You really deserve it.” Before Zico could speak his phone started to vibrate again. It was Soo Yi. I… I want to talk to you. Can you come to the café please?  “Mom could you turn around and go the the café in town?” She nodded and turned around. Pulling up in front of the café, Zico saw Soo Yi standing there. She waved at him and went inside. “Who is that girl Zi Zi?” She asked him. Then she gasped as a thought occured to her. “Do she like you?” Liking is an understatement, he thought. Then his mom gasped even louder. “Are you guys dating!?” She started squealing. “Oh my gosh! My baby got himself a girlfriend! She's so pretty!” She wouldn’t let him get a word in. “Don’t worry about the car. I also got me one. I got to go get it so have fun but don't stay out to late! Love you!” With that she was gone. All he could do was stare at the spot she was once sitting. He was stunned. How she got to that conclusion was beyond him. Grabbing the keys his mom left on the seat, he got out and went in the café. Walking in, he looked around for her. Seeing her at the back, he went to go sit down. “What’s up? What did you want to talk to me about?” She looked down shyly at her hands as color started to rise to her cheeks. Without reading her mind, he already knew what she was about to say. Her body language says it all. “Its about last time… at the school. It was… really nice. I liked it. …I like you."  Even though he already knew it, he was still shocked to actually hear her say it. I guess she don’t want to say she loved him yet. “I’m sorry I ran off like that. I was embarrassed that I let you do that. That I let myself get carried away without properly getting to know you. I just wanted to clear the air and wanted to start fresh.” She glanced at her phone. ‘Oh! I got to go. I will talk to you soon.” She got up and kissed him on the cheek and ran out the door giggling to herself. “What’s with girls not letting me get a word in?” he mumbled. Hearing something hit against the window, he turned his head. It was starting to rain. Lightly but it was raining. It was looking like it was about to pour down. He better hurry up and get home before it really throws down. Grabbing his keys, he got in the car and drove home. He dashed inside, still getting soaked in the process. Getting inside his mom peaked out the kitchen. “It’s really pouring down. Go upstairs and take a bath. I’ll call you down when dinner is ready.”

After taking a long shower, he hopped on the bed. Taking out his phone he saw that he had a message from Taeil. He put his phone on silence when he was talking to Soo Yi so no one would interrupt their talk. Well. HER talk. He just won’t give up will he? Opening the text, he read it aloud. “I’m waiting outside the school. I got the janitor to let us stay a couple hours. You’re the one who dragged me into this. I never asked for this. You skipped the first week. Now we only have two weeks to practice. I told you the song is easy to do on the piano but it’ll still take you a week to learn the right keys. Then we have to practice the song. We also got to practice the song and the piano at the same time. We got to figure out which part I’m going to sing. Which part we’re going to sing together. That’s going to take up both weeks. I will be waiting here for you. I will not leave. So… “  He didn’t finish. That was sent at 4:00pm. It is now 6:00pm. Zico glanced out his window. It was throwing down out there. Mother nature was definitely upset over something. He went back and sat down on his bed. There’s no way he’s going to be standing outside in the rain waiting for him. He’s not that stupid. Zico laid down on his bed. After 30 minutes he sat back up. “He still won’t be there… right? I mean come on.” He was talking to himself. Great. “Yes, I did do that without his permission. I promised him... I said I’ll be there to help him convince his mom…” he was pacing pack and forth. Screaming in frustration, he sat down on the floor. As quickly as he sat down he stood up. He just wanted to go check. He wanted to make sure that idiot

Please log in to read the full chapter