Our Hearts (Gyuhan)

Story Collection {DISCONTINUED please look @ "About Me" in profile for further info}

I've noticed that peope said something about a cliffhanger on chapter 6 but you do realize (if you've read My Heart and Your Heart) that- well- obvi 1 because Jihan is the couple focus for a reason: Jisoo was going to confess to Jeonghan and 2: he never says it in the end because he died during surgery, remember? Thus why Gyuhan finally happened in the first place??? (Idk, I'm just making sure that you guys understand that because it kinda seems like you guys don't, no offense)


When Jeonghan woke up Sunday morning, he did not really want to wake up because of repetitive knocking on his apartment's door. (Well, knowing his character, he didn't want to wake up at all :P)

Drowsily, he pushes himself up before dragging his feet across the floor to reach the door. He slowly unlocks the door, opening it before he's suddeny lifted up into the air and twirled around, making him quickly realize that Mingyu came.

"Good morning!" Mingyu smiled. The smile was cute, yes, however in Jeonghan's opinion it was too early for something so bright.

"Bed..." that was the only thing Jeonghan was able to murmur out before letting out a yawn to cover himself. He was barely able to acknowledge the fact that Mingyu pouted from what he said.

"All you ever do is want to sleep, even though we planned for another date today..." Mingyu murmurs.

"Sor...ry... tired..." Jeonghan was barely awake when he raised a hand to rub his eye slightly. He immediately regrets not being entirely awake after he felt Mingyu carry him somewhere before his back met with something soft and Mingyu had entrapped him with his bed.

He was suddenly wide awake at this realization and blushing a dark red, "M-Mingyu! Get off of me right now!"

Mingyu smiled again in response, "Finally! You're awake now!" before pouting slightly, "But what does that mean for our future if-"

"Yeah yeah yeah just- just get up! Th-Think about our future later! We've h-have a date!" Jeonghan stuttered in embarrassment, pushing at Mingyu's chest slightly.

"Mm... I still don't think youre quite awake yet-"

"MINGYU NO!"


If there was one thing harder than getting out of bed for Jeonghan it would be trying to coax Mingyu out of setting his mind on something a bit too much for Jeonghan to handle with in a relationship. He lets out a sigh at the thought after making sure to lock his apartment door.

"Where do you wanna go for breakfast? The cafe across from the uni a few roads ahead?" Mingyu asked.

"Dealing with Seungkwan-ah's teasing isn't something I'm up for," Jeonghan murmurs.

"Then the restaurant by the hospital?"

"Don't want to deal with being teased by fellow staff members if they've happened to go there as their lunch break."

"Bakery on this street corner?"

"Soonyoung-ah's teasing is worse than Seunkwan-ah's."

". . ."

Jeonghan sighs as he adjusts his scarf, "This is your fault for being so corny whenever we go out to eat at those places. People won't leave me alone about finally dating a guy who's been after me for more than two years."

"But said guy is now your boyfriend," Mingyu mumbles, "Do you just want some doughnuts from the lobby as breakfast and then we can go for a walk?"

"Sure," Jeonghan then notices the hand held out in front of him, making his face go warm before reaching out and grabbing Mingyu's hand, causing the taller to light up as he quickly adjusts their fingers so that they intertwined, "Let's go then!"

After heading to the lobby for some luke-warm doughnuts left over, they munch on their doughnuts as they walk down the streets with their hands still warming each other's, swinging slightly. The walk was soothing and even though they weren't talking, it was still warming to their hearts. The sight of a flower shop caught Jeonghan's sight, making him unkowingly jolt to a stop, making Mingyu look back at him in confusion.

As the cardiothoracic surgeon continues to stare mindlessly, Mingyu follows Jeonghan's gaze and saw the small flower shop. Jeonghan's focus returns to Mingyu only when the taller lets go of his hand, heading over to the shop and shouting back, "Hold on!"

Cluelessly, Jeonghan stood there before he saw Mingyu run back with a bouquet of fresh white lilies after shoving the little bit of doughnut he had left into his mouth. The pediatric surgeon smiles at him, to which Jeonghan smiles back sadly.

"Yeah, sure."


They reach the area full of grass that was beginning to turn yellow and dry with grey tombs of various shapes sticking out of the grass. The couple continues to walk before reaching a tombstone with the shape of a cross where Jeonghan kneels down and places the bouquet of white lilies beside another bouquet of wilting lilies. Jeonghan closes his eyes and thinks of a prayer, his breath shaking slightly as something makes him begin to cry.

"YAH JISOO!"

And Jeonghan flinches at Mingyu shouting at the top of his lungs. He turns back to the taller that was still standing and shouting at the sky(?)

"I DON'T CARE IF YOU'RE MY HYUNG BUT YOU'RE A REAL DOUCHE, YA KNOW?! THINKING YOU COULD JUST LEAVE US LIKE THAT IS A REAL DOUCHE MOVE! BUT I'M GONNA TAKE CARE OF JEONGHAN BETTER THAN YOU COULD HAVE, CAPICHE?!"

Complete silence fills the cemetery before a nearby crow squawks.

Jeonghan blinks at the taller in surprise, who quickly notices the cardiothoracic surgeon staring at him before grinning at him. Mingyu kneels down and reaches out to wipe the tears from Jeonghan's face. He leans over and presses a kiss to his forehead as he speaks in a soft voice that Jeonghan was barely familiar with, "I thought you would know the type of person Jisoo is by now and it's been a year now, don't hold it against yourself. You didn't succeed but... at least you tried to save him, doesn't that count?"

He blinks away the tears before an almost painful smile graces onto his face, "Yeah... I guess."

Mingyu helps Jeonghan up before they quietly walk out of the cemetery. The sun still up in the sky still lacked the ability to warm them up during the cold weather but they made it work through holding hands and walking closely together.

"... Mingyu?"

"Yeah?"

"... Thanks for always being there for me..."

His hum in response with a comforting squeeze allowed Jeonghan to smile softly, his heart managing to find peace.