Beautiful Ghost (Junhan)

Story Collection {DISCONTINUED please look @ "About Me" in profile for further info}

Ghost!au :P


"Oh no! My ball!" Hansol yelled, about to chase after the red sphere when Jisoo stopped him.

"You can't go into the cemetery Hansol! The priests at my church said we could be cursed by a fair maiden too!" Jisoo said.

"Dude, they just don't want us kids messing with the tombs, it's probably a lie," Hansol waved it off.

"B-But-"

"I can go in there."

They turned to Junhui in shock.

"Are you crazy?! What if there is an actual ghost there?!" Hansol suddenly changed from his nonchalant gesture to a more anxious one.

"Mm... I don't think ghosts are that scary," Junhui shrugged then ran off before they could stop him.

It wasn't a lie though. After living in China for the first 5 years of his life, he learned two things from Chinese horror movies:

1) China doesn't have the best actors for horror movies.

2) China couldn't make horror movies because they would always end up as unintentionally funny. (Plus he's like what now, 12 years old?)

When he reached the cemetery, he didn't expect to see the red ball roll up to a someone's feet. They was wearing a high school uniform, seeing a familiar badge on their beige cardigan sweater. They bent down, letting long auburn hair temporarily cover their face and reveal a searing red line around their neck, and picked up the red ball.

They walked over to Junhui before kneeling down to his eyes level and handing the ball back.

"Are you the fair maiden Jisoo's priests were talking about?" Junhui couldn't help but be curious, forgetting to thank the stranger.

The stranger blinked before chuckling, "'Fair maiden'?"

"JUNHUIIIIIII!"

He turned around to see his friends running over to him and glomping him.

"Thank God you aren't dead! We were worried!" Jisoo yelled in relief.

"D-Did you meet the maiden?" Hansol asked hesitatingly.

Junhui stared at the red ball and noticed that the stranger beside him was gone.

"Well, he's not a maiden."


The next time he saw him, he was 15 and was currently chasing after a red balloon that Hansol's sister had accidentally let go of. He saw the exact same boy, sitting on a tombstone and holding a red balloon by its string.

"You... haven't changed at all..." Junhui murmured, a bit breathless from chasing after the balloon.

"Seems like little 'Junhuiiiiiii' grew up though," the ghost teased before jumping off of the tombstone and walking over to Junhui.

"Thanks for catching the balloon..." Junhui peeked over the others' shoulder to look at the tombstone, "Jeonghan...?"

"Is it me or do you always lose something red?" Jeonghan asked as he tied the string around Junhui's wrist.

"More like chase after something lost by the Chwe family," Junhui rolled his eyes playfully.

Before Jeonghan's hand could return to his side again, Junhui lets his curiousity take over again and grabs Jeonghan's wrist, expecting his hand to faze through only surprisingly to feel freezing skin.

"Weird how you can see and touch me..." Jeonghan murmured, obviously taken aback.

"Has anyone told you that you're too pretty to be a guy?" Junhui asked, slowly sliding his grasp to the other's hand.

It was oddly cute yet satisfying to see the ghost blush a light pink before averting his gaze and tucking a strand of hair behind his ear, "N-No... more like I can count more insults than compliments when I was alive..."

"Come on, I bet a thousand guys had asked you to marry them already!" Junhui grinned at seeing Jeonghan try to hide his red face with his hair.

"O-Only you would say that..." Jeonghan weakly tried to pull his arm away from Junhui's grasp.

"I mean if I was older then I would want to marry you," he said.

"Even if I was alive you probably wouldn't have wanted to m-marry me..."

Slowly, he reaches over and cups Jeonghan's freezing cheeks, seeing how tears pricked the boy's eyes. He smiled reassuringly, "I'll visit you weekly then, and one day, you'll realize how wonderful you are."

"Junhuiiiiiii don't tell me you actually got cursed by the fair maiden- er- guy or whatever!" he heard Hansol yelled from a distance.

By the time Hansol and his sister were in view, he realized that nothing but the air was between his hands.


Each Saturday felt too short for Junhui as he grew even more fond of Jeonghan each day. With each visit, it was spent trying to get to know each other and getting Jeonghan to laugh with being dorky every once in a while.

Although, he guessed, today was question day.

"So any idea as to how you can communicate with me?" Jeonghan asked as Junhui absentmindedly played with the ghost's hands.

"I dunno... guess I'm just lucky... by the way, your body temperature is like a freezer's," Junhui said, feeling his hands go numb.

"Then why do you keep touching me?" Jeonghan chuckled.

"I like skinship, it's nice to know that someone you love is truly there," he smiled, making the other blush.

"You're only like what, 16? Find a girlfriend or something."

"Then what if I said that I only like guys?"

"Then find a boyfriend!"

Junhui laughed as Jeonghan pouted. He stared at the long-haired boy before asking, "Someone's soul only stays on Earth if they have regrets, right? So what's your regret?"

Jeonghan looked surprised before looking embarrassed, "I-It's kinda stupid..."

"Come on, tell!" Junhui tugged on him insistingly.

"I... I want to be kissed by someone who honestly loves me... like mutual love..." Jeonghan murmured, "My feelings have been played around with too many times to count when I was still alive..."

"If that's the case... then can I kiss you?"

"W-What?!"

He stops playing with the ghost's hand for a moment, pondering on the idea, "What happens if that does happen though?"

The ghost sighs with a sad smile, "Then I can finally rest in heaven... and maybe get the chance of reincarnating... you know, waking up at the age I died at as though my past life and living as a ghost has never happened before... but chances like that are sorta rare..."

"... I love you..."

Before the ghost could react he soon found himself being kissed by Junhui. He lets himself melt into the kiss before they backed away, seeing how he was beginning to disappear.

Jeonghan looks at the boy in surprise, seeing how his hands were beginning to disappear. He begins to cry, trying his best to smile happily, "I love you too... Junhui..."

Junhui sees the boy soon disappearing in an instant before feeling tears run down his cheeks, "I'll wait for you... so please... come back soon..."


By the time Junhui was applying for a college, he decided that the ghost he knew two years ago never got the chance of coming back to Earth again... however, he couldn't forget the boy.

He decided to apply for a college back in China, although his childhood friends, Hansol and Jisoo, were against it. Junhui didn't tell them that he simply needed a breather, to try and feel assurance that Jeonghan was happy in heaven instead of visiting the cemetery on habit to only be met with silence. He chose to opt for the answer of "I just miss China."

It was the first day of college now.

Junhui was trying to find his class before accidentally walking into someone hard enough to make the other fall down.

"Ow...!"

He didn't realize he momentarily forgot how to breath, staying frozen in place as he stared at the familiar sight.

The long-haired boy looked up and notice Junhui, misinterpreting his shocked look before trying to awkwardly stutter out 'I'm sorry' in Chinese.

"It's okay... are you more fluent in Korean?" Junhui asked in Korean.

"Y-Yeah... I am so sorry though... I wasn't watching where I was going," he murmured awkwardly.

"Mm... I'll forgive you... if you become my friend?" Junhui asked with a grin, "I don't have any friends back in China... yet."

He stared at Junhui in shock before laughing, "You're weird... although I guess I'm weirder for thinking that choosing to transfer to a prestige college in China is a better idea..."

Junhui smiled fondly at the sight of the other laughing.

"Oh... um, I'm Yoon Jeonghan, by the way..."

"Wen Junhui... or as my friends like to call me, 'Junhuiiiiiii'," Junhui heldout his hand.

"That's cute~..." Jeonghan chuckled before reaching out to grab Junhui's hand to be pulled up.

It was nice to feel warm skin.