My Heart (Gyuhan)

Story Collection {DISCONTINUED please look @ "About Me" in profile for further info}

Finally, we get a Gyuhan one-shot story in here! (yay \('w')/)

Also I have a LIFE CHANGING QUESTION... lol jk :P

(This is the "life changing question" btws) So anyways Wonhan has been catching my interest lately and I'm curious as to whether you guys would like me to throw in some Wonhan with this story collection thingy. (Plz comment so I know if you guys are okay with that... but you guys  probably will be since you guys have the option to not read it unless it's a sequel/prequel to a different one-shot... I still wanna know if you guys are okay with this though)


"And your new prescription should be coming in soon, Jisoo," Jeonghan smiled reassuringly, scribbling a few notes to add new information for Jisoo's needs.

"Thanks... I really appreciate it a lot," Jisoo smiled back.

"No problem, and I promise you, once we prepare for your surgery next week, you'll be able to stand where I stand," he waved goodbye as he exits the room before realizing that someone was following.

Really, Jeonghan had faced this problem constantly and knew that he only had two options: 1) Turn around and face the consequences that are soon to come, or 2) Make a run for it and scream 'bloody murder'. In all honesty, option 2 seemed very tempting.

Then there was a tap on his shoulder, which destroyed option two.

He sighed, turning around and facing- well- a chest, forcing his head to tilt up to see the familiar smile of the pediatric surgeon that he always sees everytime he enters the hospital.

"So watcha doing?" Mingyu asked, holding something behind his back.

Oh please don't let it be flowers again... he cleared his throat to make sure that he didn't say that, "Checking up on Jisoo."

To which the taller pouts, "Again?"

"Mingyu-yah, his condition has been growing worse during his stay here for the past two years, so visits from a surgeon is required to be on more of a daily basis. Don't make it sound like we're dating or something," he said harshly and couldn't help but rub his head in frustration, messing up his long black hair.

He stopped once he saw a can of coffee in front of his face. Confused, he moves his head to the side to see Mingyu smiling again, "So you did need some coffee!"

Jeonghan blinks, reaching up to take the can, murmuring, "Y-Yeah... thanks..."

"Aw~ you're blushing," he cooed and only then did Jeonghan realize that his face was warm.

"Mr. Mingyuuuu!"

Before he could reply/yell the two noticed a small boy running down the hall along with a nearly bald girl.

"Stop stop stooooop!" Mingyu immediately goes into panic, making the two slow down, "Kyung-ah, what did I tell you?"

Kyung pouts, making the girl giggle, "I can't go running around or else I might hurt myself..."

"Exactly, and our amount of IV fluids are limited with the amount of clients that have transfered here," Mingyu kneels down and smiles, "Now, what were you going to tell me."

And almost immediately, Kyung lights up, "This is Eunha! She came along with the new people and my new best friend! Say hi to Mr. Mingyu and Mr. Jeonghan... Eunha?" he notices that the other doesn't respond and instead staring at Jeonghan.

It was common sense for Jeonghan to kneel down and ask with a smile, "Is something wrong, Eunha-yah?"

"Can I braid your hair?" she asks with pure innocence, making him chuckle.

"That's fine, but that's only when I'm not visiting other patients since I don't work with children, okay?" to which she nods enthusiastically before asking, "And not on dates with Mr. Mingyu?"

Thank goodness he wasn't drinking that coffee right now or he would've choked or spit-tanked or both out of embarrassment. [He tried his best in ignoring the happy look coming from Mingyu once he heard that.]

"Mr. Jeonghan isn't dating Mr. Mingyu. He kinda hates him," Kyung deadpans, making Mingyu yell 'Yah!'

"But I think they're out on a date, we should leave," Eunha whispers not so quietly before signaling for Kyung to follow her after they said their goodbyes, eventually running off.

"Wait guy-! Ugh!" Mingyu groans, "I need to go make sure that Kyung doesn't hurt himself because of his hemophilia so I'll be back to ask you for a date later bye!" he said quickly as he runs in their direction.

To be fair, Jeonghan usually found the other annoying, constanly following him wherever he goes as he checks up on his patients and asking him on dates usually the cliche method of flowers. He really didn't expect their relationship to head in that direction. Afterall, they started off as friends when Jeonghan worked for the hospital, which suddenly changed a year after he had been here and when Jisoo was diagnosed with heart failure after years of coronary heart disease.

Such a change was too sudden and unlikeable for Jeonghan though, immediately shooting Mingyu's date request down one after another. However, there were undeniable times where his heart skipped a beat, like seeing Mingyu's devotion to keeping the children safe and healthy.

He does admit that he was a bit too rude to have such an annoyed attitude towards Mingyu earlier (since he would usually just laugh off the date request) but that probably came from the stress of knowing that he would be in charge of Jisoo's surgery next week.

Unconsciously, he twirls a strand of hair, thinking back to his two years here.


Jeonghan didn't want to uncurl himself from the couch in the empty lobby room, wishing so badly for the darkness to eat him up... although that was easier thought than done considering that now his hair was a bit too short to help cover his sight in darkness.

The cold circle on his head made him tilt his head up, seeing that same-old smile, holding out a can of coffee in front of his sight.

"Tired again? Have some coffee!" Mingyu joked like he was advertising in one of those cheesy commercials. He managed to stiffle a laugh, reaching out for the can before placing it beside him on the couch.

Mingyu immediately notices, showing a worried look as he sits besides Jeonghan, "Hey, what's the matter?"

"Jisoo... he... we were tight in blood supply because of the sudden transferred clients that came from the hospital that shut-down for reconstruction... it was all just bad timing..." Jeonghan just couldn't say it.

"... But you don't hate them."

"Of course I don't hate them... How could you tell?" he raises his head, turning to Mingyu.

"Apparently, Eunha got a wig yesterday when it was my day off," Mingyu smiled a small one.

"Yeah? Does she like it?" Jeonghan managed to smile.

"She loves it. Says it reminds her of your hair," he grins. The silence wasn't quite comfortable yet so Mingyu continues, "Knowing Jisoo, he'd probably want you to be happy instead of mourning over his death."

He sighed, "I know. That's what I keep telling myself. Jisoo's not the type to hold a grudge and wants me to continue enjoying life and helping others like him... but I get the feeling that he regretted something. I don't know, I just miss him. I mean I did spend two years getting to know him before it was official that surgery would be needed for him."

"Then what am I to you?"

Jeonghan was shocked, seeing Mingyu ask that so seriously before the taller looked shocked and slapped hi mouth with his hand, "Shoot! S-Sorry, I didn't mean to- jealousy's a st-stupid thing a-and-"

"You..." and he let his mouth run without a second thought, "You're an annoying stalker who keeps pulling the same crappy cliche move of proposing with flowers and spends more time pursuing for a cardiothoracic surgeon and getting jealous of a patient with severe coronary heart disease that developed into heart failure than actually doing your job as a pediatric surgeon."

"That's harsh!" Mingyu jolted, putting a hand over his heart.

"But... there are times where you're really admirable and kind in how you take care of the children here and make them happy even though surgery is a scary thing for them and they might be stuck in the hospital for who knows how long... You also know how to deal with other's stress... even when they've been rude to you... and maybe a date would be nice."

Before Mingyu could see him blush, Jeonghan abruptly stood up and looked away when he suddenly felt himself being picked up bridal style and spun around.

"Yah! What are you-?!" he was then put down and felt Mingyu kissing the top of his head.

"Nothing. I just felt extremely happy," Mingyu smiled as he held one of his hands, leading him out of the lobby room.

He stares at their intertwined hands, feeling an odd mixture of happiness and leftover sadness, murmuring, "It's not an official date, I just need to cheer up in a non-hospital setting."

"Then that just means we get to go on more dates later on, but today we'll get some flowers for Jisoo and then we'll watch a movie, okay?" he squeezes his hand reassuringly as they wait for the elevator.

"... That sounds nice," Jeonghan smiles.