Doll Shop (Wonhan)

Story Collection {DISCONTINUED please look @ "About Me" in profile for further info}

Update 6/17: (wow I'm surprised I forgot to do this until I cross-posted this onto ao3 ovo") there is a prequel-sequel to this called Sweet Poison so if you loved this then you'll probably like the prequel-sequel since it extends a bit more about it.


La Belle Shoppe.

It was a doll shop with the inside of the shop being a velvet red as a variety of porcelain dolls were on display. A variety of victorian-styled clothing adorned the dolls who has a cursive 'W' sculpted into the back of their necks and a cursive 'J' sewn into the edge of their clothing.

'W' for Wonwoo, the man who created the dolls from scratch.

'J' for Jeonghan, the man who owned the shop due to heritage and sewed the clothing to fit each unique doll perfectly.

Together, they were a happy and inviting couple with a rather eery shop.

But for what reason was it eery?"


*Ring ring*

"Welcome to La Belle Shoppe, how may we help you?"

Wonwoo looks up from the counter he was cleaning, seeing a boy- maybe barely 18- with headphones on and paying attention to his phone in his hand, basically ignoring Jeonghan's voice coming from the display window.

His first impression of the boy: rude and ignorant- stereotypical rebellious teen.

He watches as Jeonghan patiently waits before walking over to tap on the boy's shoulder. He looks up with indifference before nearly jumping back at the sight of the pretty male and blushing a light red. Wonwoo simply rolls his eyes at the reaction he is use to seeing from any customer- regardless of gender- who spares Jeonghan a look.

His husband, however, softly chuckles before tapping his ear to tell the boy to take off his headphones.

"Uh- um- hi... Hansol..." he stutters as he quickly pulls his headphones down so that they hung around his neck.

"Jeonghan," Jeonghan simply smiles, "Do you need any help?"

"Oh- w-well I was looking for a birthday present for my little sister..." Hansol murmurs as he looks away awkwardly, still blushing a rather annoying shade of red.

When Jeonghan looks over to Wonwoo, the latter begrudgingly walks away from the counter, "Any in particular?" he couldn't help but ask rather curtly.

"Um... m-maybe the cheapest? Uh- purple clothing...? I... I'm not exactly- you know- rich..." Hansol seems extremely awkward with Jeonghan's presence. He inwardly sighs as he walks over to the opposite side of the room, looking for a somewhat recent doll on the shelf and carefully listening to the conversation behind him.

"Is there anything else you would like?"

"Umm- oh! I almost forgot- er- do you maybe know Hong Jisoo?"

The name sounded familiar to Wonwoo as he grabbed a doll that was fairly cheap but looked quite nice. He suddenly realized why the name sounded familiar when he saw the doll's eyes.

"Hm... Hong Jisoo... why does that name sound familiar..."

"He's about this tall, orange hair, really large eyes?"

"Ah! Jisoo-yah! He use to come here and help around the shop a lot!"

"'Use to'?"

"M-hm. He suddenly stopped coming to the shop a week ago... it's such a shame, you know, he was really nice and had pretty eyes..."

Oh how Wonwoo wanted to break the doll when Jeonghan said that. He took a deep breath before turning to head back to the counter acknowledging the fact that Hansol and Jeonghan followed him.

"Really now..."

Jeonghan nods before coming up with an idea, "Hey, you can come back here to check if Jisoo comes back yet."

Hansol seems surprised as he blushes again, "R-Really?"

"How would you like me to wrap up the doll?" Wonwoo intervenes, feeling rather irritated with the boy.

"Huh? Oh- uh- y-yeah- um..." Hansol stared at the doll for a moment, "Say, this doll's eyes... look a lot like Jisoo-hyung's..."

"See, Wonwoo's the doll maker of this shop, so he knows how to make pretty doll eyes," Jeonghan smiled at Wonwoo, "That reminds me, you have really pretty eyes too, Hansol-ah!"

Wonwoo felt a familiar snap when he hears Jeonghan compliment the younger boy, so after Hansol paid for the doll and left the shop, he was more than bothered when Hansol came back to the shop to look for Jisoo when his eyes would always end up looking at Jeonghan. It only took a few weeks less than Jisoo's stay for Wonwoo to let the snap take over.

"Hey Hansol-ah, I need help with choosing some eyes for a doll," Wonwoo forced a smile, motioning for the younger to follow him into the basement of the shop.

"Are you sure? I don't think I'm the best at matching..." Hansol murmured before following after Wonwoo, not realizing that it was a mistake to follow until too late.

There was a moment of silence as a dull thump fell to the floor. Wonwoo stares at his apron that was now stained with red before sighing, "Thanks for 'helping' with choosing Hansol-ah, but I wish you didn't make such a big mess."


"Here's a new doll," Wonwoo hands the doll over to Jeonghan, who gasps in delight as he holds the new porcelain doll, "This is beautiful, Wonwoo!"

"Although... hm, this doll looks kinda sad, like the one Hansol gave to his younger sister, but the eyes are so pretty! You always know my aesthetics when it comes to doll eyes," Jeonghan quickly pecks a chaste kiss on Wonwoo's cheek.

"Of course I do, what kind of lover would I be if I didn't know what you like," Wonwoo smiles at his happy lover, "Besides, we have practically identical tastes when we're talking about beauty."

"That's true, but you know, sometimes it's a shame that we have to sell the dolls that fit our aesthetics..." Jeonghan pouts before finding a place on a shelf to place the doll. Wonwoo walks over to pat Jeonghan on the head, "Well how else are we going to earn money? This shopping centre isn't well known at all so business is rare. Even then, our customers don't spread word of our shop. Just be glad that that makes our jobs easier."

"I gue-"

*Ring ring*

Wonwoo turns to see a girl with long brown hair and a mole underneath the corner of her lips. He asks with a small patient smile even though he would've rather snorted in disgust when she blushes at him when he asks, "Welcome. Do you need help?"

It was one thing when customers made eyes and extend their stays at their shop, however it was another thing when there were those rare moments that the customer would make eyes at himself. The latter was a less... possessive feeling, but it still didn't mean that he didn't feel disgusted.

"Oh- um, I'm Chaeyoung... uh- I was hoping to find a doll for my neice..."


Today was a Sunday, a day where the couple could take a day off and relax in their home on the upper floor of the shop. He didn't have to worry about customers oggling at Jeonghan and didn't feel the urge to make new "porcelain" dolls and could read a book in piece.

"Wonwoo!"

He looks up from his book as Jeonghan runs over to him before sitting down beside him with strands of hair tied up neatly with some ribbon. Jeonghan smiles as he hands over the hair, "I got some more hair for you to make more dolls."

"How sweet of you," Wonwoo was about to lean over and kiss Jeonghan on the lips before noticing something, "Hold on, you got some blood on your cheek," he backs away to wipe the blood off.

Even then, Jeonghan still beamed with happiness before he realized something, "Wonwoo, we really need to clean the basement. It's starting to stink again."

"We'll deal with them later, Jeonghan. For now take a rest, I know that it's tiring to get the items needed for me to make the dolls and takes even longer to prepare the items for usage," Wonwoo smiles before gently pulling Jeonghan's head over to rest against his shoulder.

And the couple sat in a comfortable silence.