chapter 04

You and I

Yulhee gasped in disbelief as she d with her palms. Her eyes widened when she looked at Solbin and Mingyu one by one. "I can't believe it..." she mumbled. "I mean, Sol, you are with Jun! How could you..."

"I was cheating," cut Solbin. She tried hard to trick her roommate by giving her a fake regretful look and a sad tone. "Sorry for not telling you about this earlier, but Jun and I have broken up since three months ago."

"Sol..."

"I'm sorry..." and by that, Solbin cried. It was just acting, but she acted it out with all of her heart. She was stressed with everything that had happened to her. She was hurt by Jun's refusal to take the responsibility of the baby and she was so sorry for lying to her dearly friend.

"Oh, Sol..." Yulhee did not have a heart to see her roommate break down like that so she gave a warm hug to Solbin and caressed her back softly. "It's okay," she said. "You're not okay of course, but you don't have to mind about me. I'm okay, really..."

Mingyu was so into the girls that he almost forgot that Solbin was just making up with her pregnancy and cheating stuff. He was glad at least Yulhee could be fooled for a while. It would be hard to tell her the truth, to tell her everything.

"So, when will you marry her, Gyu?" asked Yulhee, still having Solbin in her arms.

"As soon as possible," replied Mingyu. "Solbin and I will see my parents tomorrow to talk about the marriage."

"I bet they'd get a heart attack after you tell them about this," Yulhee chuckled dryly. It was not something to joke around but she just tried to decrease the heavy air around them. "And I bet you haven't told Yujeong unnie about this either, right? Because she didn't mention anything about you and your marriage."

Mingyu nodded and Solbin suddenly pulled away from the hug to look at Yulhee with a frown on her face.

"Yujeong unnie?" Solbin replied then she turned her head to Mingyu. "You know Yujeong unnie?"

Mingyu nodded. "She's my nuna," he replied nonchalantly but then he frowned at Solbin. "Wait! You know her too?!"

Solbin nodded. "She's one of my unnie friends," she replied. "I know her because she is Yulhee's cousin."

"This is really weird, you know," cut Yulhee as she looked at them suspiciously. "You're going to get married soon yet you haven't known about each other well."

"It can go with flow, I guess," Mingyu shrugged and Solbin nodded in agreement.

"And I still can't believe you can be pregnant by him so soon," Yulhee said to Solbin.

"Everything goes so fast without we could realize it," said Solbin and this time Mingyu nodded in agreement. "It was a mistake anyway." She looked hurt after she said that line. It was true indeed. "You know, the ... It was a mistake, but.." Solbin turned her face to Mingyu again and then she smiled fondly at him, "luckily Mingyu wants to take the responsibility of the baby so I'm so grateful for having him in my life."

Mingyu knew that it was just another acting, but he wanted to believe that it was not, and maybe it was not really an acting. He loved the way Solbin looked at him at the moment, the way she smiled so fondly at him and it made Mingyu smiled warmly at the girl. "It's because I love you that much, you know," he said. He knew he went too far but he just wanted to say it out. It was true and also could help their act anyway.

"Aw, you two are so cheesy!" Yulhee chuckled. "You know, Gyu, I was kind of disappointed when I found out about this pregnancy thing, but now I'm not. I'm kind of proud you don't run away from this issue and become a gentleman," she said. "It seems like you've grown up so well. You're not like Kim Mingyu I used to know."

"Eeyy... Was I that bad?" Mingyu pouted and Yulhee just laughed it off. "Alright. I have to leave now to prepare everything for tomorrow," he said then got up from his seat.

Solbin expected him to walk straight to the door, but Mingyu walked to her instead. Before she could process everything, suddenly she felt a pair of soft and warm lips on her forehead. She lifted up her face to see Mingyu, who smiled fondly at her and ruffled her hair lovingly. For a while, she felt the time stop. For a while, she felt her heart skip a beat. For a while, she forgot how to breathe as she looked at the boy in front of her. She did not know why, but she thought she had felt that kind of feelings before.

"Take a rest well, Sol! I'll pick you up early in the morning tomorrow," said Mingyu to Solbin, who was still in a daze. Then he looked at Yulhee and patted her shoulder lightly. "Please, take care of her for me."

Yulhee smiled widely ane nodded. "Anything for you, cousin!"

 

***

 

Mingyu did not go straight to his house after that but HotnCold Coffee Hut, where Yulhee and Yujeong worked. It was almost five when he arrived there. He greeted the employee then went to the upstair where his sister was.

"Hi, my cute dongsaeng!" greeted Yujeong once she saw Mingyu coming in.

Mingyu pouted at the nickname. After he shut the door, he took a seat in front of his sister, who was busy doing her job on her computer. "I'm going to be twenty five this year, nuna! Don't call me that way!" he protested.

Yujeong chuckled then she took off her glasses from her face. "You're still a five-year-old Kim Mingyu in my eyes," she said. "Why are you coming by the way? Want to get some pocket-money?"

"Nunaaa! I'm grown up for God's sake!" Mingyu exclaimed with frustration and Yujeong just laughed it off. "I came here because I want to ask you about Mom and Dad."

"This is interesting!" said Yujeong. "Finally you remember you have parents."

"Nuna, stop joking around~"

"Why? Why? You always joke around with me though."

"But I want to have a serious conversation now," Mingyu said in a serious manner that made Yujeong frowned at him. "I have something to tell to our parents and to you..."

"Go ahead!" cut Yujeong as she paid all of her attention to Mingyu. She could feel something has been going wrong as she looked at her brother. She remembered the last time Mingyu being serious like that was when he was in high school and admitted he had used his tuition fee for a silly expensive skateboard. "What have you done wrong this time?"

Mingyu frowned at the question but then he shook his head in response. "It isn't really wrong to do, but..." he paused to take a deep breath then let it out slowly, "I'm going to get married soon."

"What?!" Yujeong's eyes widened in surprise after she heard the answer. Then she chuckled and shook her head. "You really got me this time," she said. "This is really a big bad joke you've ever made."

"I'm not joking, oh my God!" Mingyu had an urge to bang his head to the wall after seeing the reaction of his sister. "I've told you this is something serious I want to talk about, not a joke at all, nuna!"

That time, Yujeong dropped her jaw and looked at Mingyu in disbelief. "How...? I mean, you don't even have a girlfriend!"

"I've been dating a girl for a few months," Mingyu lied. "I've hid this matter from you since then. I'm so sorry."

"Who's the girl?" asked Yujeong to the point as she leaned forward to Mingyu. "Do I know her?"

"I guess," Mingyu shrugged. "She said she knew you. Do you know Ahn Solbin? She's Yulhee's roommate."

"OH MY GOD!" Yujeong shouted in shock. "That Solbin?! I can't believe it!"

"Yulhee can't believe it either," Mingyu chuckled.

"Since when have you known each other? God, why doesn't the girl tell me?"

"Just a few months ago, I've told you about that at the beginning, right?" replied Mingyu. "We're so in love with each other so we want to get married very soon."

"Mom and Dad will get a heart attack when they find out about it," said Yujeong. She could not hide her excitement about his brother's marriage since the bride-to-be was Solbin, her favorite little-but-taller friend. "When will you tell this to them?"

"Tomorrow. I want to ask you how they will react, but your answer and Yulhee's are the same," said Mingyu. "Is it too surprising to be found out?"

"Yes, of course, you fool!" Yujeong pushed Mingyu's forehead with her finger. "This is too sudden! But I'm happy about this. Aigoo... I'm going to be an auntie!"

"Why are you so happy about that when I'm the one who will get married?" Mingyu chuckled. "By the way, when will you get married?"

Yujeong pouted. "Go find me the man then!"

"I told you Seungcheol hyung wants to marry you..."

"He's younger! Way too young," cut Yujeong.

"Fine! Gotta find you one then," Mingyu said then got up from his seat. "I'm going to go home now. Ah! I'll take a free latte, yeah?"

"Go take it as my advance present for your marriage," Yujeong replied. "And you can take the pastry as much as you want."

"Really?" Mingyu's eyes shimmered in happiness. Then he cheered happily when he saw his sister nodded in response to the question. "Nuna, I love you!" he said as he made a heart sign with both of his arms.

Yujeong just chuckled to see the cute reaction of her brother.

 

***

 

"I'm going to meet you the day after tomorrow, Mom," said Solbin to her mom on the other line at night.

"Really? Aigoo... Finally!" exclaimed her mother in happiness. "Why so sudden?"

"There's something I want to tell you."

"Why don't you tell me now?" cut her mom.

"Because it's a surprise," Solbin chuckled. "What do you want me to bring to home?"

Then both of them talked everything they missed, but Solbin being careful enough not to mention about her love life and she was grateful that her mother did not mention it either. After who knew how long they had talked, they ended the call after they exchanged 'I love you's.

"How does it feel, Sol?" asked Yulhee in a sudden after Solbin put her phone on the nightstand. "You know, having something in your tummy," she explained when Solbin frowned at her question. "How does it feel?"

"Ah," Solbin's hand automatically caressed on her stomach. "It doesn't make any different. I mean, maybe because it's still young so I don't really feel to have something here," she said as she pointed at her stomach, "but it really does something to me. You know, like I can get sick easily lately, but it isn't that bad."

"Can't wait for the baby born!" Yulhee said excitedly. "By the way, why didn't you tell me that you and Mingyu have 'something'?"

"Sorry," Solbin grinned regretfully. "I just don't want to freak you out."

"But I was freaking out when I found that thing, you know?" Yulhee said. "Well, you're lucky for having Mingyu."

"Why?"

"He's a good person and has a pure heart. He can take care of you very well."

"How could you know?"

"I used to live with him and his family when I was a kid. I went to school that was far from my house but near from his house so I lived there," Yulhee said. "Even though we're in the same age, he always acts like an oppa to me. Makes sure that I'm alright. He looks playful but he's really a thoughtful person that always looks for the people he loves."

Solbin was just silent in response. She could not deny that fact because she felt it all. "Yeah, you're right," she said then she wrappes her body with a blanket. "He's really a good person I've ever met."

"You guys also look good together," Yulhee kept on talking. "Handsome guy and pretty girl... What a perfect couple!"

Solbin just laughed it off, did not want to give it a response. She felt a bit weird when she talked about Mingyu. There was something so warm in her chest that tightened it and made her hardly to breathe. What's wrong with me? She thought. When she was about to burry her face with the blanket, her phone rang softly. It signed that she had a new message. She then took the phone and unlocked it to see Mingyu's name on the screen. She tapped the message to read it.

From: Kim Mingyu

Just remind you to wake up early tomorrow. Don't sleep late tonight, okay? See you very soon~

Solbin smiled widely at the message. Without giving it a reply, she put the phone back to the nightstand and went to sleep. That night, she had a good dream. A very good dream.

 

***

 

A/N: sorry for the very late update T.T is the story kinda boring? Lame? Slow? Omg... ><; guys feel free to tell me what's on your mind about this story~ it can help me to develop the story hehe... Hope you like the story so far. And thank you for still subscribing and reading the fic! *bow* :)