chapter 03

You and I

"That's crazy!" Solbin exclaimed after she heard Mingyu's idea. She then shook her head. "You can't..."

"Why can't I?" cut Mingyu.

"Because this is not your fault! You want to marry me so you can save me from the embarrassment I'll get in the future, right? That's a very kind of you, but you don't deserve someone like me. You can't marry me."

"But we don't have any other choice," said Mingyu. He looked at Solbin who was also looking at him with a frown on her face. "You want to be pregnant with a husband, right? Now, tell me, who wants to marry you when you're already pregnant? Even your ugly bastard ex doesn't want to take a responsibility of the baby!" He was silent for a moment, waiting for any response from Solbin. The girl did not respond so he continued, "Just let me marry you and after that you can tell the world that the baby is mine even though it's not."

"Mingyu, I don't understand..." said Solving as she put her head down and massaged her temple lightly. "Why... Why do you want to help me this far?" she asked. "You know, you're not the one who causes all of this problem, but why... why do you want to do this?"

It was easy to Mingyu to give an honest answer to Solbin. He did that because he had fallen in love with her since their first meeting. He did that because he did not want to see her hurt. But he could not answer honestly. He did not want Solbin to be bothered by his feeling in that kind of situation. "Because we're friends, Sol," he said, giving a cliché answer as an option. "I know we're just friends for a month, more or less, but I have this strong feeling to protect you... because we're friends..."

Solbin slowly lifted up her face to look at Mingyu who was giving her a warm friendly smile. She did not know what but she found some strange thing in the way he looked at her. Is that a sad look he gives me? She wondered. But why is he sad when he smiles at me? "Mingyu..."

"Let's just plan this out!" said Mingyu as he got up from his seat to the drawer in that room.

"But I haven't agreed anything about..."

"I've got a feeling you'd say yes," said Mingyu then he took out two blank papers and two pens from the drawer and walked back to the couch. He gave Solbin a paper and a pen then he sat next to her. "We're going to make some deals for our plan," he explained.

"If we're really going to get married..." said Solbin as she looked at the paper in her hand, "you're going to be my husband until the baby's born."

"What?" Mingyu frowned at Solving. He did not expect to hear those words. He was surprised. So surprised.

Solbin nodded. "You're going to help me from the embarrassment, right? So, you can leave me after I give a birth of the baby."

"But..."

"As I said, this is not your fault and you don't have to help me this far, this much. But because you're so stubborn, I let you marry me. By the time the baby's born, we'll get divorce."

Mingyu was silent as he looked at Solbin who was writing something on the paper and then he nodded after he let out a heavy sigh. "Okay," he said.

"Good!" said Solbin.

"I guess, that's the rule number one, yeah?"

"Uh-hm."

"So then... The rule number two, we'll stay in my apartment once we're married and you're under my full protection."

Solbin looked at him with a puzzled look. "What do you mean?"

"It'll be strange if we're married but we're living in the different houses, right? So, you have to move to my house and by then I'll take care of you and the baby."

"Mingyu..."

"I just want to help, okay?" Mingyu said then he began to write on the paper. "Hey, how about we'll get married tomo..."

"Yah! You want to die?!" snapped Solbin in an upset tone. She looked annoyed with the way Mingyu arranged all of their, or exactly his, plan. "We can't do it that quickly! We have to talk about it with our parents and discuss it with them. My parents will be very angry at me if they know I'll get married without their knowledge."

Mingyu slapped his own forehead then let out a chuckle. "I forgot about that!" he admitted. "My parents will be like that too, I bet. Hmm... So, let's meet my parents tomorrow and meet your parents after that. Sounds good?"

Solbin nodded weakly. "They'll be surprised when they hear about our marriage plan and they'll be more surprised when I'll get married with you instead of Jun."

"They don't know that you two has broken up?" asked Mingyu.

Solbin shook her head. "I haven't told them about it and I haven't gone home for half a year so yeah..." She was silent for a while then let out a heavy sigh. "Hey, Ming. What if your parents ask you why you want to marry me in a sudden? Won't they be suspicious?"

"They'll be suspicious of course," Mingyu answered. "If they ask me why, I'll say that I've made you pregnant."

"Is that okay?" Solving asked worriedly.

"Of course not!" Mingyu replied as he laughed. "I'll be doomed, but I think they'd understand."

"I don't understand yet why you want to get into my problem this far. I feel guilty and thankful at the same time, you know."

"Yah! We're friends okay? Just don't think about it that much." Mingyu looked at his paper again, trying to avoid any more question from Solbin. "Is there anything you want to add again for our deals?"

Solbin was silent for a while as she looked at her paper as well. "Ah! Don't tell anyone that the father of this baby is Jun. I mean... you said you'd claim the baby as yours, right? So, let it flow like that."

"Fine," said Mingyu. "And..." He was silent for a while as he looked at Solbin who was waiting for him to continue his words. "And if Jun comeasks to you again and asks about the baby, tell him not to meet you again because... the baby is mine..."

"But the baby is..."

"Just tell him so!" snapped Mingyu in annoyance. "We've made so many lies for this plan so why can't you lie to him?"

"Because I've said to him that the baby is his."

Mingyu rolled his eyes. "You can say that you was wrong."

"So, I'll make myself like a in front of him?!" Solbin widened her eyes as she looked at Mingyu in disbelief.

"Why not?" Mingyu shrugged. "I doubt he'd come to you again after what he has done to you earlier but it just for in any case, you know."

"Fine," Solbin finally agreed then she wrote on her paper.

Then they heard the door creaked opened and soon Yulhee, Solbin's roommate and also Mingyu's cousin, showed up. "I'm home! Oh, Mingyu, you're here," said Yulhee in surprise as she found her cousin.

"Yeah, just give you a visit?" said Mingyu in a hesitation tone while his hands gathering up his paper and Solbin's and put them in his pocket jacket after folding them up. "How's your day? Fun?"

Yulhee nodded then her eyes stopped at Solbin's feet. "Solbin ah, what's with your feet?" she asked as she rushed to her roommate to take a look at the wound. She looked worried.

"I fell," answered Solbin simply. "It's fine. I'm fine, Yul. Don't worry."

"You should be careful next time, okay?" said Yulhee with her sulky manner.

Solbin nodded as she smiled at her reassuringly.

"Good! Now, I want to change my clothes."

After Yulhee left them, both Mingyu and Solbin sighed in relief. It was such a relief since Yulhee was not as fussy as usual.

"We've finished with our deals then?" asked Mingyu in a whisper. He did not want Yulhee to hear it.

Solbin nodded.

Suddenly, the door of Solving and Yulhee's room opened with a loud bang. Yulhee then rushed to Solving again with her face reddened. "You have explain to me about this!" she demanded while showing a pregnancy test that Solbin forgot to throw last night.

Solbin's eyes widened in surprise and so did Mingyu's. "Yulhee yah..."

"You're pregnant, Sol?" asked Yulhee in disbelief.

There was an intended moment in that room and it was broken by Mingyu. "She's pregnant, Yul," he said and before Yulhee could make any response to his words, he quickly continued, "I've made her so and we'll get married soon."

 

 

 

A/N: hi, everyone! Sorry for not updating the fic soon, but I hope you like it so far. So, what do you think about it? Isn't it a mess? lol xD I got a problem to develop the fic honestly, but I'll work hard on it! Thanks for reading, subscribing and even giving a vote so far! *bow* :)