chapter 01

You and I

Solbin's eyes widened in shock after she saw the double blue strips on the pregnancy test. No way... she let the thing go of her hand and it fell on the bathroom floor. I can't be pregnant! That thing must be broken. Solbin shook her head as she ran her fingers through her hair. But what if it's right? She then started to recall what had happened with her recently. She was sick and used to feel like to throw up her food in her stomach yet she did not lose her appetite. Am I really pregnant? she thought after she let out a heavy sigh.

On the next day, Solbin decided to check herself in the hospital. The doctor smiled happily at her after she checked the girl's condition.

"Congratuation, Miss Ahn! You're pregnant," said the doctor.

Solbin felt the world was spinning after she heard the doctor's words. I'm really pregnant... she thought emotionlessly as she came out of the doctor's room.

Solbin did not go straight to her house after that. There was someone she wanted to meet. Someone who was a cause of her pregnancy. That someone was her ex. She looked at the door of her ex's apartment before she knocked on the door and not long after that, the door was opened. Not by her ex, but a girl in her age instead.

The girl looked at Solbin with a frown on her pretty face before asking, "Is there anything I can help, Miss?"

Solbin cleared then she answered, "Yes. Is Lee Junyoung living in here?"

The girl nodded.

"Can I meet him?" Solbin asked again.

Before the girl could reply Solbin's request, someone shouted inside the apartment. "Sujeong ah, come here!"

That was Jun's voice, Solbin thought.

"Yes, honey!" shouted the girl, Sujeong, in a cheer tone. Then she looked at Solbin and said, "I'll go to him and say you're here to meet him."

Solbin nodded in agreement and after she said thank you, Sujeong went inside to meet Jun. Five minutes later, Jun showed up with only sweatpants on his body. He seemed surprised to see Solbin, who was just smiling bitterly at him. "It's been a long time..."

"Why are you here?" cut Jun in a whisper.

"There's something I want to tell you..."

"I don't want to know anything about you anymore," Jun cut again. "We're over, remember?"

Solbin nodded as she tried to encourage herself not to get hurt easily by the way Jun talked to her. "But you've caused a problem in me, Jun," said Solbin as she brought her hand on her stomache. "I'm pregnant."

Jun's eyes widened in shock. "T-then... why do you come to me?" he stuttered in his question as the fear built up inside his body.

Solbin rolled her eyes in annoyance. "Because its father is you!" She gritted her teeth while saying it out.

"No way!" Jun declined. "It must be someone else."

"No!" shouted Solbin with anger. "I never slept with anyone else but you!"

"Look!" Jun grabbed Solbin's shoulders with both of his hands and looked fixedly at her. "If you come here to ask my responsibility then it's useless. I don't want to do that. I have my own life, Sol, and I don't care with you anymore."

"But it's your baby..."

"I don't care!" cut Jun with a shout in front of Solbin's face. "That's your problem. If you want it, you can take care of it, but if you don't, just kill it."

Solbin could not believe what she had heard. Jun had totally changed.

Jun finally let go of his grips from Solbin's shoulders then he sighed heavily. "Now, leave and forget about me," he said, still looking fixedly at Solbin's eyes that started to wet. Without waiting for a reply, Jun took a step back in his apartment and closed the door, leaving Solbin stunning at her place.

 

***

 

Solbin walked lifelessly to her house. She did not know what she would do with her life after she knew she had something in her tummy. She was not happy or sad. She felt nothing about it. She was numb. But then she groaned with frustration after she recalled what had happened at Jun's apartment. It would be easy for her if Jun wanted to take responsibility of the baby or if she was pregnant with a husband. But none of them happened so she got frustrated. What would her parents react when they found out about it? What would people react with her pregancy without a husband?

Solbin could not take it anymore. She started to feel afraid of any reaction towards her pregnancy later. Her mind went blank as she walked into the road and let herself hit by one of the vehicles there. She hoped she could be free from her problem that she did not mind to lost her soul in the end.

Solbin heard a loud honk as the blindly light from a high speed car came in front of her, warning her to step aside the road, but she stayed still at her place as she made herself ready to be hit.

But before the car could even touch her, someone pulled Solbin away from the road harshly that made her and that person fell on the side of the road.

Solbin groaned in frustration because her plan was ruined. She did not even care with the bruise on her knees because of the fall accident earlier. She was numb.

"What were you thinking you were doing, Sol?!" asked the person that had saved Solbin's life in anger.

Solbin looked at the person and then her eyes widened in surprise after she recognized who the person was. She grabbed his colar tightly and narrowed her eyes at him in anger. "Why did you stop me?! Why?! Why!!!?" she asked with frustration as she shook the person by the colar of his shirt.

"Of course I should have stopped you!" the person said with a frown on his face. "If I didn't, you could be hit and die."

"That's what I wanted! You could just have let me die!" shouted Solbin. Her face and eyes were red as her chest rose up and down with anger.

"Sol..." the person looked at Solbin confusedly then he grabbed her hands that were on his colar. "What's happened?"

And that was when Solbin could not hold her emotion anymore. She cried and did not even care that there were a few people watched over her.

"Sol..." the person squatted down in front of Solbin and held her shoulder while trying to look at her by her eyes, but the girl palmed her face in her cry so he took her palms away and insisted her to look at him. "What's happened, Sol?" he repeated.

Solbin sniffed as she looked at the person's worried face. Is it okay if I tell him my problem? she thought. What if he'd disgust me? What if he leaves me?

"Sol..." the person called her again, snapping Solbin from her train of thoughts.

"I'm pregnant, Mingyu..."

 

***

 

 

A/N: okay, so this is my other work about Solbin x Mingyu. I know I haven't updated A Race, but I still don't have idea to continue it, I'm so sorry... 😭

And... I don't know when I will post the next update, so please bear with the slow update, ok?

hope you like the beginning of the story 😊