Entry 4

Yearning to Remember

So. I asked if I could see that guy today. At first the docter was hesitent, and he almost said no, but he gave in in the end. And so... I met with him. He was in really bad shape, when I really looked at him. So skinny and with huge dark circles under his eyes. He looked like he was the one who needed hospital care. Though underneath I could see that he was attractive, once upon a time.

Anyway, I asked why he always brought me flowers, and he froze. He looked like he'd just gotten caught with his hand in the cookie jar. And then he said soemthing along the lines of "Such a beautiful person deserves a beautiful room." My god, it was a line if I'd ever heard one. It was just so cheesy. I wanted to burst out laughing, but I could tell that he was being sincere, so I didn't. I just rolled my eyes instead. 

My next question, I'll admit, came out a bit harsh. But I didn't think about it until the words had already left my mouth... "So tell me. Why do you look like ?" Geez, Key. Talk about a lack of tact. And his response... About a person he cared about having to leave him to get better, and him not knowing if that person would ever be in his life again... Of course I went and called him an idiot. Scolded him for not taking care of himself. I knew it was wrong for him to be hurting himself this way. His special person would be hurt if they found out how poorly he was doing, he needed to be strong for them. And he gave me this look... I couldn't describe it even if I spent all day trying... It was like, a broken man given hope. Not hope exactly, but more like the hope of hope. And he broke down crying. Just... Sobbed. I was about to try and give him some comfort when Nurse Nani (the nice one) came in and helped him pull himself together before gently making him leave.

After he left, I saw a picture on the chair. When Nani wasn't looking, I went over and grabbed it. And... It was a picture of me. Well, of me and that guy. My hair was a different color, and so was his, but it was definetly the two of us. I was holding what looked like an award of some sort, and he had his arms wrapped around me, his eyes closed and his lips about to press into my neck. The picture really weirded me out. A lot. Either this guy was some psycho stalker guy with crazy good photoshop skills... Or this was real, and he knew me. But if he knew me, then... Would that mean that I was the person he was talking about? It makes my head hurt to try and figure it out. So I'm just going to tuck the photo into these pages and not worry about it now.

Key