Time Loop

Crisscross (semi-hiatus)

 

Kyungsoo's pov:

 

Beep beep beep beep beep.

"7:17 AM! Again! It's this hour again!" Kyungsoo hissed before he searched for the hour on his phone's screen, sitting up straight and crawling out of his bed with his cellphone still in his hand.

His right hand grabbed the remote and pressed on the red button, the TV screen showing the morning news.

"Restaurants are going to be inspected to make sure they're following the hygienic rules. If they fail to pass the inspection, they will be given the time of one month to fix everything. Will this be ignored, restaurants will have to shut down." the news reporter said seriously.

Kyungsoo's eyes narrowed, looking back on his screen. The time jumped to 7:20 AM and in small white letters, the date displayed as well.

"May 1." Kyungsoo muttered to himself before swallowing. "Kai send me a text message...7:18 AM... One minute after the time I see every morning." the young man kept muttering, not bothering himself to answer his friend's text message. He had other things to worry about. Like how he was repeating the same day over and over and maybe creeping out and almost pissing his pants.

"Yesterday evening, a fire broke out because a child was left alone at home. Both parents..." the news reporter said, making Kyungsoo snap his head towards the TV screen again.

Same images popped on the screen and the female news reporter was saying the same thing just like the day before.

"... What is happening!" Kyungsoo shrieked, his heartbeat accellerating each second. "Will there be a car accident after this?"

"A car accident happend this morning..."

"OW EM GEE!" 

Kyungsoo's jaw almost fell off. He couldn't believe it.

"Should I be intrigued or freaked out?!" he gasped loudly, rubbing his eyes before slapping his two cheeks, an attempt to wake up from this horrible dream.

"...charity concert to gather money..."

"This can't be happening, this can't be happening!" Kyungsoo screamed, hands pulling on his messy bedhair.

He stood there, in his living room, completely out of it for at least full ten minutes.

The TV sound was on the background, along with birds chirping a morning song to begin their day.

"I should check if other things happen too..." he muttered to himself and he didn't bother to even comb his hair or wash his face after putting a jacket over his pajamas. 

He greeted the old ladies in his neighborhood before speedwalking to the intersection he always had to pass when going to his university campus.

People looked at him weirdly, wondering why Kyungsoo was wearing his pajamas and didn't even look presentable.

"Is he drunk?" a girl asked her boyfriend, the high schooler shurgging his shoulders.

Kyungsoo didn't had the patience or the curiosity to listen to them though.

"Mommy, I want hot chocolate."

The university student snapped his head to the direction where he heard the words, looking at the very same girl he saw yesterday, asking the exact same thing, wearing the same clothes.

His eyes scanned around and found the grandpa that would fall down when crossing the street.

'No, no! This can't be happening. The day is repeating itself?' Kyungsoo gasped, turning around and taking another route than he would have normally done.

Kyungsoo muttered incoherent things to himself as he continued to walk, obvlious that he looked like some drunken university student.

He didn't care about how people looked at him when he entered the city's library, passing right through the large doors to go to the computer section.

It was barely filled with people since it was morning. The library just opened and only a few older people or students that didn't had class yet were there.

Impatiently, Kyungsoo waited for the computer to turn on, quickly logging in with his library member card before opening an internet browser.

"Repeating a day." he muttered to himself, typing in the words.

His eyes scanned the articles google found for him, eyes narrowing when he clicked on the thirds search result: time loop.

"A time loop is in which periods of time are repeated or experienced again. To break the cycle of repitition, you have to find the event that is the key or solution to the time loop. These 'cracks' in the time loop or keys to open the cycle kan vary and could be anything that happens in the span of the repeated period." Kyungsoo read, his eyebrows knitting together in a deep frown.

Scratching his forehead and taking another bread, he scrolled down a bit, continuing to mutter the words on the screen to himself.

"Because the period of time will repeat itself continiously, it will be a reset of different events until the time loop is broken. There will be no consequences when the reset keeps happening but will have impact when that span of period is the 'last' one of the broken cycle.

A big sigh left Kyungsoo's lips, leaning against the back of his chair.

His fingers tapped the table, eyes looking around, wondering what he should do.

'Just what will break this loop?!'

"Since today is already following a different pattern, maybe this will already break it?" Kyungsoo wondered, fighting the urge to throw his face against the table.

Kyungsoo sighed heavily, clicking on the computer mouse furiously, almost breaking the poor computer gadget.

'I need some coffee.' Kyungsoo thought, logging off before turning the computer off, walking his way out of the library.

"Good morning, how can I help you?" 

"Can I have an americano? Double shot." Kyungsoo ordered, trying to crack a smile though he could barely in his situation.

"Iced or warm, sir?"

"Iced." 

"Would you like something to eat along with your coffee?" 

Kyungsoo shook his head, taking a straw beforehand, his eyes fixed on how is coffee was made.

He had to focus on something or he would keep thinking about weird things or maybe even decide to throw himself off a buildig just to wake up ou of this supposed time loop.

"Your iced americano is ready, sir. Have a nice day."

Kyungsoo nodded with a smile and popped his straw in the plastic cup, taking a big gulp of the cold beverage.

Once he walked out of the pretty calm coffee shop, Kyungsoo lifted his head, looking up at the sky to find it a good day, besides that it kept repeating over and over.

Like a beautiful painting, the sky was blue and the clouds were white.

"Luckily it didn't rain on this day...that would even more." Kyungsoo muttered to himself, walking around to find a place to pass time because he was late for class anyways.

Because he was so out of it, he bumped against someone, quickly apologizing for his clumsiness.

"I'm sorry." Kyungsoo bowed his head slightly, only to lift his head again and see a girl in front of him.

She was a few centimeters taller than him, had long brown hair with a reddish shine and was wearing a leather jacket. Maybe this girl was around Kyungsoo's age but the university student couldn't guess it.

"It's alright. Though your coffee didn't survive it." the girl smiled, pointing to the plastic cup that fell on the ground.

"Great." Kyungsoo grumbled sarcastic, a deep sigh escaping him as he picked it up, only to throw it in the trash bin around him.

Kyungsoo looked back at the girl, wondering why she wasn't leaving.

"Okay...Sorry again. Bye." he said, the girl nodding, going her way again.

'I'll go to the campus I guess. I need to talk to someone about this.'

 

"Eh? Why are yuo here? Isn't there class?"

Kyungsoo looked up from his phone and saw Kai standing in front of him, his eyebrows raised in confusion.

"I had some things going on." Kyungsoo shrugged his shoulders, putting his phone in his pocket.

"Okay? You didn't even answer my text message though. Didn't you receive it?"

"The one saying that you got stuck in the elevator?"

Kai gasped, nodding his head.

"Hey! If you've read it, you could have answered me. At least comfort me." Kai complained, acting all hurt.

"Take the stairs." Kyungsoo rolled his eyes, one of the maniest sighs leaving him again.

"Why are you sighing like this? Did something happen?"

Kyungsoo turned his head to Kai when he sat next to him, dropping his bag on the ground.

"Say, you know those deja vu's, right? Those things that happen and you think already happend before?"

Kai nodded, huming along.

"But what if your day keeps repeating, what's that then?"

"A time loop? Or something? Doesn't it appear in movies or comics?" Kai answered, scratching his head because he didn't understand why his best friend was asking him this.

"Would you believe me if I say I'm stuck in a time loop?"

Kai looked at Kyungsoo with big eyes, head shaking slightly.

"Are you drunk? Did you take something bad? Are you mentally ill?" Kai shrieked, starting to get worried as his slapped Kyungsoo's cheeks lightly with his handpalms.

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes, slapping the taller guy on his upper arm, almost pushing poor Kai on the floor.

"Don't overreact, you idiot."

"You're abusive!"

"I'm trying to have a serious conversation here!" Kyungsoo glared, Kai quickly sitting up straight.

He knew that if Kyungsoo gave him a death glare that it was time to behave.

Last time he ignored it, Kyugnsoo decided to ignore him for an entire week.

"So...You're stuck in a time loop...?" Kai asked, tilting his head to the side, trying his best to trust in his best friend and believe his words.

Kyungsoo nodded slowly, fingers scratching over his pants' fabric, a way to calm himself down.

"And how are you so sure of it?" Kai wondered.

"It's been a few days already. I kept having this feeling like it happend before and I asked you as well, you told me they were deja vu's. But then... it started to get freakier! I actually remember seeing and doing the exact same thing. I knew you were stuck in the elevator. I knew what came on the news. I saw the same little girl ask the same thing to her mom and she was wearing the exact same clothes. I knew it!"

The taller friend raised an eyebrow, a few hums leaving his lips.

"O-okay. So what happend today then?"

"Because I was freaking out, I didn't go to class and only arrived now. Today went by different because I actually did different thigns. I went to the city's library, I got an iced americano and then came to the campus to wait for the next class."

"And...you have not the slightest idea how you got stuck in this loop?"

Kyungsoo sighed as he shook his head, looking completely defeated.

"I did some research and according to results, I need to find a crack in the loop and get out. But it could be anything! I have not the slightest clue what I could do to get back to the reality where time flows like it should."

"Okay, calm down first... Let's try to be calm. I'm doing my besthere to believe in your words and you're worrying me, but okay okay, let's not talk about that." Kai said, rushing his words. "Try to each new day a different thing of your original pattern. Maybe it can change something."

 

 


 

Hope you liked this chapter!

Please don't forget to subscribe and to comment, please don't be silent readers, thank you!

Look forward for more ^^

 

PS: I AM SO READY FOR EXO'S COMEBACK! I like the music of the teaser a lot ^^