Shattered

Crisscross (semi-hiatus)

 

Narrator's  POV:

 

Kyungsoo stared in front of him, thinking about the red haired girl. She obviously was someone he didn't know before, he never got his attention stolen and it's not hard with her hair color.

'Yet... Why did I see her so much lately?'

"The coffee shop, the intersection and even at college. I saw her even outside the post office." the university student muttered, sitting in his living room.

"What are you muttering about?" Kai asked, looking at his best friend talking to himself, speaking incoherent words.

Kyungsoo didn't even waste the energy to lift his head and look at him, only a deep sigh escaping him.

Kai was getting inpatient and went to stand in front of his best friend, demanding some attention, his arms resting on his hips.

"You have been muttering things to yourself for over two hours already! Even though we're best friends, you can't treat me like air." Kai huffed, not liking Kyungsoo's attitude.

The shorter one finally lifted his head and looked at Kai.

"I got a waraning." he finally spoke, making Kai's eyebrows knit together, not understanding where he was going. "A warning, telling me to be careful."

"Are you on drunk? Did you secretly go drink when you went to the post office?" he asked with suspicion.

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes, shaking his head.

"Have I not been careful...? But how could I be careful when I'm desperately trying to solve this stupid loop!" Kyungsoo grumbled, hitting the couch with his fists.

Kai was only getting more confused, a long sigh escaping him.

"I did jump off a bridge... And that accident happend as well..."

"When did that happend?! Are you trying to commit suicide?!" Kai gasped in fear, grabbing Kyungsoo by his shoulders, shaking him like he was a bag of sand.

Dizzy, Kyungsoo pushed Kai away, shaking his head which only made him feel only more of a headache.

'This bracelet... It wasn't mom who placed it in the box and te post office doesn't know about anything either.'

'It's strange.'

'Both the red haired girl and this green bracelet.'

'They suddenly popped out of nowhere.'

'Is the girl...the key to breaking the loop?!'

"Why are you not speaking anymore? Kyungsoo... Please don't scare me." Kai said with a trembling voice, alarmed by his earlier words.

"Kai, You're sleeping here tonight?"

The taller one nodded his head, not feeling at ease.

But no matter how much Kai tried to get something out of Kyungsoo, the latter one decided to not speak about it anymore.

Why would he if the time loop was still going?

 

Kyungsoo's eyes snapped open, turning off his cellphone's alarm, his eyes scanning around his bedroom.

"First of May, 7:30 AM...? 7:30 AM?!" Kyungsoo read on his cellphone, sitting up straight and rubbing his eyes before checking the time again.

"The same day but the time is different... It went to snooze and started beeping again?" he wondered out loud, getting out of bed to turn on the television.

"Tomorrow there is a chance for rain and the temperature will decrease a few celsius..." the weather broadcaster spoke, smiling at the camera.

The morning news ended already, the weather forecast playing now.

Kyungsoo walked towards his kitchen and grabbed a bowl before filling it with milk and cereal.

Lazily he ate some of his breakfast before deciding it was enough.

"There's no sign of Kai, it's still the first day of May, so I'm still in the timeloop? But cracks are forming, this is one of them...? What did I do to cause this though?" the university student asked himself, trying to remember what he did yesterday.

While thinking his eyes landed on the bracelet he was wearing, the green colored beads shining prettily.

Kyungsoo couldn't help but fall into the depth of the green colors, like it was the ocean, pulling him in.

Just as he thought he was going to lose himself in his thoughts, his phone rang.

"I'm stuck in the freaking elevator!" a voice gasped dramatic.

A sigh escaped Kyungsoo's lips, his eyes closing along.

"Why are you even calling me?"

"I don't know. I just had this feeling you would ignore me if I just texted you." Kai explained, making Kyungsoo stop placing his bowl in the sin, his eyes slightly widening.

'An instinct feeling because I ignored his text messages in the time loop...?' Kyungsoo wondered.

"Hello...? Why aren't you talking?" Kai asked.

"Ah.. Nothing... I'm sure you'll be saved very soon. By the way, i'm not planning to go to the lectures today."

"Why?" Kai asked curiously. He knew that his best friend wouldn't just skip lectures for no reason.

"Just because. I'm not feeling like going today."

Kai was skeptical, but decided to not ask any further.

"Fine. Don't do anything dangerous, okay? Like running through busy roads, jump off a bridge or something." Kai warned Kyungsoo, making the latter one speecheless.

'I'm still in the time loop, right? Why does it feel like he remembers things that he usually never did?' Kyungsoo was confused.

"I won't. Don't worry. I'm hanging up, talk to you later. Bye." Kyungsoo said with a small smile before hanging up, his eyes staring at his cellphone.

After a while, he took in a deep breath and forced himself to get changed, leaving his place to walk around and see what he could do to get rid of the time loop.

Because he was walking outside later than he normally did, he didn't see the little girl, neither did he see the grandpa. With a feared heart he walked towards the intersection, only to relief in sigh as he discovered there were no accidents that happend.

The light in front of him turned red, making Kyungsoo stop and wait patiently.

A sudden scent travelled to him through the breeze. 

It was a floral scent, one he faintly recognized so his eys darted around to find the girl with the brown hair and crimson shine not far away from him, waiting to cross the intersection as well.

She felt someone looking at her and turned her head, finding Kyungsoo staring at her with big eyes, his mouth slightly agape.

A soft chuckle escaped her as she saw him like that. 

"Are you staring at me like this because I'm that pretty?" she asked, taking Kyungsoo off guard.

His eyes widened and he quickly removed his eyes from her, looking around all flustered.

"S-sorry. Y-you must have felt uncomfortable." he said embarassed, an awkward laugh escaping him.

Her eyes shined, her lips curling up.

"You're a bit awkward." she chuckled, sounding clear.

Kyungsoo didn't know to take that as a compliment or not, so he simply scratched his head, wanting to hide in a corner.

His eyes nervously looked around, finding a beautiful ring on one of her fingers. A golden colored ring with a beautiful ruben gemstone.

People around them suddenly started to move and when he looked at the light he noticed it had jumped to green already. 

"Don't forget to be careful." she whispered as she walked pass him. Kyungsoo fell a shiver going down his spine, his eyes growing bigger if they could get even bigger than they already were.

He was startled by her words, making him zone out for awhile.

It was only when the cars started to move again did he notice he missed not only the chance to cross over but also to look for that mysterious girl again.

'Be careful? Does she remember me?'

 

Kyungsoo walked around, completely lost in thoughts again.

He didn't know where he was going, walking around aimlessly.

His lips kept on moving, muttering words to himself as his head tilted to the right or left sometimes. 

Because he was so out of it, he didn't notice that he was walking extremely close towards the road for the cars and when the light jumped to red, he didn't stop.

People wanted to warn him, a fast car driving towards him.

The sudden loud sounds made him lift his head up, realizing he was in danger.

'Run, roll, stand? What should I do?' these words crossed through Kyungsoo's head.

His entire body was stiff and it was only when the car got closer, did he feel someone pulling on his arm, forcing him away from the racing car.

Kyungsoo fell on the ground, his entire body feeling like jelly.

His heartbeat was accelerated, pounding loudly against his chest.

Even though he jumped off a bridge and attempted on a suicide to escape the time loop, if he would have gotten into a car accident, that would just be cruel and horrible.

"I told you to be careful!" an angry voice yelled at him, making Kyungsoo blink a few times at the girl in front of him. "You could have died." she grumbled, pushing her hair out of her face.

"Come with me." she hissed when she noticed Kyungsoo looked at her with silence.

She grabbed the student's wrist and pulled him to somwhere calmer, with much less people. They ended up at a park, barely any people now because everyone was in school or at work.

"It was very dangerous. Didn't you even listen to my warnings?" the girl asked, flipping her hair slightly.

The sun shone on her hair, shining beautifully red.

"Wh.. Ho-How?" Kyungsoo shook his head, looking at her with a puzzlked expression. "Do you know me?" he asked with suspicion.

The girl sighed, clasping her hands together.

"You already killed yourself once. You can't keep doing that or else you'll really die!" she scolded him, showing her frustration.

The smile she usually wore, was nowhere to find, making Kyungsoo frown slightly.

"How do you know that? Who are you? Just what are you planning?" he asked, showing hostility towards her, finding it ridiculous that she knew what happend to him, the point of him drowning.

"Take off your bracelet." she said, ignoring Kyungsoo's questions.

The university student looked at his wrist, the green beaded bracelet shown to him and her.

"Take it off or you might creat more accidents than needed." the girl sighed, her hands combing her long hair.

Kyungsoo didn't trust her but with a deep sigh he finally took off his bracelet.

His body suddenly felt much lighter than ebfore, his eyes quickly searching for the girl that suddenly disappeared.

"Where did she go?"

A sudden burst of pain in his head made Kyungsoo collapse on the ground, everything turning black.

 

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP.

Kyungsoo's eyes snapped open, quickly sitting up straight as both of his hands went to his head. He felt slightly dizzy but the pain he felt before had disappeared.

He searched for his phone, pressing on the home button.

A sudden shriek escaped him, his eyes widening as he saw what was written on his screen.

"May Second!"

 

 


 

Hope you liked this chapter!

Sorry for the wait, please don't be silent readers, subscribe and comment!

Look forward for more ^^