Cracks

Crisscross (semi-hiatus)

 

Kyungsoo's pov:

 

"I said calm!" Kai screamed, throwing his hands in the air. "What part of staying calm don't you understand?! C.A.L.M... CALM!" 

Taking in a deep breath, I looked in front of me again, the height making my legs tremble and my heartbeat accelerat.

I'm crazy. I'm really crazy!

"Get back here Do Kyungsoo!" Kai demanded, from the other side of the road on the bridge.

Yes, a bridge.

I am actually standing on a bridge, ready to jump off. I must be a complete psycho!

"Hey! You lunatic! Get back here!" Kai yelled as loud as he could, the sound of cars speeding on the road burrying his deep voice with all the noise.

Though I could barely understand what he said, which wasn't that hard because he was using his whole body to convince me and step off the edge of the bridge.

If the cars wouldn't be riding so fast, he would have ran over already, I'm sure of that!

My eyes were staring in front of me, looking at the line that seperated the clouded blue sky and the darker bleu, almost black water that belonged to the river.

Yes, a river.

"Why am I doing something so hardcore in the beginning?" I scolded myself, eyes looking down at the water.

Will I die when I jump off? Maybe I will, maybe I won't. The weather is good, so the water is calm too... I won't even drown because I'm a good swimmer.

Should I just hold in my breath and try to faint?

What if I really die?

What if this breaks the cycle?

"Okay... Do Kyungsoo... This is the first and last time you'll ever do something as crazy as this." I comforted myself, taking in a deep breath before muttering the words that kept going through my head.

"I'm really crazy." I muttered, taking a step to the front.

One moment, my body fell down as gravity was pulling me towards the dark colored water. The other moment, I could feel myself hitting the water, creating a loud and big splash.

Water moved quickly around me, embracing me tightly so that I couldn’t breathe.

My eyes opened slightly, stinging because the water was dirtier than I thought.

Why is the water so murky?

Slowly, the oxygen was being consumed by my body.

I can’t breathe.

My head felt like exploding, the pressure of the water making me dizzy. Even though I could swim, I decided not to, letting the water hold me down tightly.

Was it because I was underwater and actually starting to hallucinate or was it because time really passed by slowly?

Ah... I can hear Kai call my name from above the surface.

He's so loud.

Dark spots appeared in front of my eyes, darkness taking away all the light that was still present.

Will this break the cycle?

"Do Kyungsoo!! Kyungsoo!!"

Kai sounds so far away.

I'm going to lose consiousness... 

From one second to the other, darkness had consumed everything, pulling me out of consiousness.

 


 

Beep Beep Beep Beep.

My eyes snapped open when the sound of my alarm clock went off, staring at the ceiling of my bedroom.

Didn't I jump off a bridge?

"Where's my phone?" I wondered aloud, my hands searching for the cellphone I had left somwhere around me. When I felt the metal of the device, my fingers wrapped around it, quickly bringing it in front of my eyes.

I swallowed before unlocking the phone.

"May 1... 7:17 AM... Nothing changed." I muttered to myself, locking and unlocking my cellphone numerous times, just to be sure I wasn't dreaming. "It's still the same. Nothing happend. I'm still alive,n in my own bedroom, in my pajamas." I sighed, my fingers scrolling down the contact list to find my best friend's number.

"Hello? I was about to text you! You won't guess what happend to me!" Kai said after picking up.

"You got stuck in the elevator." I said monotone, Kai letting a small gasp escape him.

"Wh-what... H-how?" Kai asked surprised. "I haven't messaged you about it yet." he wondered.

A sigh left me as I stared in front of me, still sitting in my bed.

"Kai. Did you know what I did yesterday? I...mean today?" I asked my best friend, who hummed in question. "I jumped off a bridge." 

"You whaaat?!" Kai screamed through the cellphone, a ringing sound going through my ears because he was so loud. "Are you alright? In what right stage of mind did you do that? Are you drunk? Where are you. I'm coming to you!" Kai spoke fast.

"You're stuck in an elevator, you idiot." I sighed, going through my bedhair with my free hand.

"I'll come to you once I'm out of it!" he retorted, sounding angry. "Where are you know?"

"Bedroom." I yawned, laying back down before rolling to the side.

"Did you just scare me with a very bad joke?" Kai asked unsure.

"Whatever. I'm going to miss the first class anyways. I'll see you at the cafetaria." I muttered, hanging up and throwing my phone next to my head.

I jumped off a bridge, lost consciousness after pretty much drowning myself... Yet it's like nothing like that happend at all.

This is just so damn freaky!

"Let's get dressed and go through the same day again." I sighed, crawling out of my comfortable bed to saunter my way to the bathroom.

 

"Mommy, I want hot chocolate." the same little girl I saw for the maniest time, asked her mom, who was impatiently looking on her watch.

"Sweetie, we don't have time for that now. You have to go to school and mommy has to work." 

It was when I looked back at the little girl, expecting her to wear twin pigtails and the same outfit like all the other times, that I saw the difference.

She has a single braid... She isn't wearing the same outfit either, but a yellow dress with a ribbon on it.

My eyes scanned the place and I didn't find the grandpa either, making my eyebrows knit together.

Where is that grandpa?

"It's green." I mumbled to myself and started to cross the street, meanwhile my eyes were searching for the old man who couldn't walk very good, but there was no sign of him at all. Only when the green light started to blink, a sign that told everyone it would become red soon, he started to cross the street.

Wobbly and shakingly, he tried his best to hurry up, but youngsters around him didn't give him an helping hand at all, bumping against him which made him lose his balance easilly.

I was about to go and help him when the light jumped to red.

The grandpa hadn't noticed this and did his best to cross over when cars started to drive, honking so that he would hurry up.

A motercycle, that didn't see anything well because it was behind the cars waiting for the old man, started to speed up and pass all the cars.

No... No!

"Stop!" I yelled as loud as I could, the old man lifting his head to wonder who was screaming so loudly in the early morning.

The loud sound of brakes and the gasps of the people around me pulled me out of my trance.

On the ground was the old man, laying there in an unatural position.

"Grandpa!" I called for the old man, running towards him because he didn't move.

"Call the ambulance!" someone yelled, the voice of a man, who rushed towards the motercycle driver, who as well was laying on the cold asfalt ground, breathy and in pain.

Bloodstains were covering the dark grey road when the sirens of the ambulance reached my ears.

I was pushed away when they arrived on the place, my eyes plastered on the old grandpa.

Why... Why did this happen? It didn't happen in reality, didn't it?

My entire body was shaking, shaking because I was scared, fraeked out and lost, completely lost.

"Are you alright?" a woman's voice reached my ears, making me lift my head slightly.

 

 

 


 

Thank you for reading this chapter!

Hope you liked it :D

Please don't forget to subscribe and to comment, please don't be silent readers, thank you ^^

Look forward for more and sorry for the long wait >__<