Breaking

Crisscross (semi-hiatus)

 

Kyungsoo's pov:

 

"Are you alright?" a girl's voice reached my ears, making me lift my head slowly.

A girl, her hair dark crimson, looked at me, her head slightly tilted to the side and her eyes slightly widened.

"N-no." I shook my head, eyes wandering to the grandpa again, his body not moving even one bit, his eyes closed and his chest unmoving.

Did he stop breathing?

Please don't let him die!

"Grandpa?" I asked, my voice broken, my body trembling.

The girl looked at me before looking around, the sirens making me look around as well.

Two ambulances stopped at the intersection, people making way for the people to safe the motercycle driver and the grandpa.

"Let me check." a person dressed in yellow and orange said, my body moving on its own to get out of the way. "You are a family member of this man?" he asked, hands busy to controle if everything was alright.

"N-no" I shook my head. "I... I recognize him because he comes here often." I tried to say, tears rolling down my cheeks.

The girl patted on my shoulder.

"We'll bring him to the hospital." the person said, his hand moving in the air to call more help so that they could carefully place the grandpa in the ambulance.

All I could do was watch on, not able to do anything at all to help him.

"You alright?" the girl asked, demanding my attention. Her voice was soft and clear.

I swallowed, not sure what to answer.

Was I alright?

Was I hurt?

All I knew was that I in a complete shock.

Did this happen because of this damned time loop?!

Anger flickered inside of me, pushing the fault all to myself for hurting the grandpa and the motorbike driver.

"Don't blame yourself." the girl's voice reached my ears again, making me lift my head and look up, our eyes meeting each other before my eyebrows knitted together.

Blame myself?

It's all my fault... But where did it go wrong?

What did this time loop do to mess everything up?!

"Will he survive?" I asked, my voiceslightly hoarse.

The girl looked at me, pressing her lips together, her eyes looking up as she was thinking deeply about my question.

The wind blew her dark red hair, touching her cheeks.

She finally nodded her head, a soft hum leaving her.

"I honestly think she will surive this." she said, sounding prettt convinced.

How can she be so sure?

"Really?"

The girl nodded once again before a small smile played on her lips.

"Really." she said. "He'll be fine. He's going to the hospital now right? He'll be back home in no time." she said before giving me a final pat on the shoulder, a comfort, before walking away.

If only that could be true!

 

"Why are you looking so defeated and energyless?" Kai asked, looking at me with a concerned expression.

I sighed, dropping myself next to him on the couch, eyes staring at the ground.

"An accident happend on my way here." I said, the scene playing in front of my eyes again, making my heart hurt.

My head felt dizy and it was about to burst because everything was just giving me a headache.

"Are you alright?" Kai gasped, touching my shoulders, arms and scanning each part of my face and head. "Nothing happend to you, right?"

I shook my head, hands clasped together.

"Must be a big accident if you're this traumatized." Kai nodded his head, deciding to not ask me any further.

People walked by, talking and chatting like any other day. There was nothing different, nothing that told me I was stuck in a time loop.

After sleeping and waking up, it'll be the same date again.

I hope the grandpa won't be in an accident.

"You won't be late for your interview, right?" my best friend asked, my head shaking lightly.

Who cares if I go or won't.

That person won't remember anything and I already know everything he's going to talk about.

"I don't feel good, I'm going home." I mumbled, my body feeling heavy and difficult to move.

I just want to wake up, nothing bad happening and then find the way to get out if this loop. I'm going crazy and everything is so tiring in here.

"I'll go with you. I'm not that convinced you'll get back alright." Kai said, standing up after me so that he could keep an eye on me.

 

Kai looked at me, sipping from his lemonade a few times.

"Are you a stalker, looking at me like this?" I asked with a heavy sigh, going through my hair with my right hand, my fingers combing strands of hair.

My best friend simply scoffed, placing his glass of lemonade back on the table.

"You even tried jumping off a bridge and when I finally saw you, you looked completely out of this world. You look pale even now!" 

Biting the insides of my cheeks, I just stared in front of me.

A few hours till this day ends... Then it will restart and everything will be alright!

But then...how do I find the right key to break this loop?

Everything that I do has a consequence... What if someone dies again?

"It's not like I died." I mumbled, earning a hard push from Kai who gave me a stern glare.

"Don't say such things so easily, you idiot! What if you weren't so lucky?! What if you didn't survive that jump and ended up drowning and ending your life?!" he hissed, showing me not only worry but anger as well.

It made me feel only more frustrated.

Will I be stuck in this loop forever?

"Let's not talk about such depressing things. I saw your mom send over some side dishes over. Let's eat something and then see?" Kai said, walking towards the fridge.

 

---

 

Beep Beep Beep Beep.

My eyes snapped open and I looked at my ceiling, that oh so familiar ceiling.

Kai wasn't around even though he stayed over yesterday night.

"I'm still stuck in the loop." I grumbled, checking the date and hour on my cellphone, first of May, 7:17 AM.

Just like I expected, Kai send me a text messaeg about being stuck in the elevator, but I ignored it and walked towards the bathroom to get myself cleaned up before dressing myself.

As I walked out of my place, I greeted the people in my neighborhood like any other day before walking inside a coffee shop.

"One hot chocolae please, a small size." I ordered, waiting patiently for the hot chocolate to get ready.

It didn't take as long as coffee, so I was out of the coffee shop in no time. 

I walked towards the intersection, my body trembling because what happend yesterday haunted me.

I know that the grandpa is alright because of the loop, but all the blood... it made me want to forget everything.

"Mommy, I want hot chocolate!" I heard the small girl's voice ask her mother, making me turn into her direction, finding the same girl I've been seeing numerous times.

She is wearing something different again!

"Sweetie, we don't have time for that now. You have to go to school and mommy has to work." the mother said the same phrase over and over again.

It was like a scene from a movie I've kept on replaying for a long time.

"Do you want hot chocolate. Here." I said with a small smile playing on my lips, bending to get on the same height as the little girl.

She looked at me with her big eyes, blinking a few times because she was contemplating if she should accept something from a stranger or not.

"I haven't drunk from it yet." I smiled brighter, the little girl looking up to see what her mother would say.

I followed her eyes and looked at the young mother, giving her a reassuring smile, a sign to tell her it really was alright.

Would she think I've put poison in it...?

"Can I raelly have it?" the little girl asked, pouting her lips slightly.

I nodded, carefully putting the cup with hot chocolate in her hands, making sure her little hands were wrapped carefully around it so that it wouldn't fall on the ground.

"Thank you, big brother!" she beamed, giving me a small kiss on my cheek, making me chuckle amused.

How cute.

"You're welcome. Have fun at school." I said, the girl nodding her head furiously before crossnig the intersection because the light jumped to green. 

I waited and looked around, finally finding the grandpa, making me sigh in relief.

He's still alive!

"Let me help you." I smiled, helping the old grandpa cross the intersection. 

"Oooh, how nice of you, young man." the grandpa chukled, thanking me again as we crossed the itnersection safely.

"Be careful!" I said, waving at the grandpa that went his own way again.

Good... he survived it this time!

"To the campus now." 

 

"You didn't even answer my text!" Kai complained, finding me sitting at the cafetaria.

"I forgot." I lied, sipping from my iced tea.

Kai narrowed his eyes but decided to let it slide, sitting on a chair across me.

"How come you missed class?" he asked, tiltin ghis head to the side.

"I woke up too late." I lied again.

It's better to tell him lies than explaining the same things to him every time.

"You slept through your alarm? That's not something you usually do, you must be very tired." Kai said, nodding his head, taking my iced tea to drink a few gulps from it.

Wait... He's wearing a gree shirt now instead of a black one... Are there cracks forming?

"Oh, I'm sorry." 

I frowned, recognizing the female voice, making me look up and find the owner of the voice.

A few meters away from me I noticed a girl with dark red hair, apologizing to someone because they bumped against each other.

Wait... That hair, that voice.

She looks familiar.

Isn't she the girl that was at the intersection yesterday?!

I didn't see her today... another variable to this time loop?

"Did your mom send some side dishes, I finished everything she send last time." Kai said, following my gaze when he didn't get much aside a hum from me. "What are you looking at?"

Shaking my head, I looked at my best friend again.

"Oh, nice bracelet by the way, where did you get it?" Kai asked, making me look down at my wrist, finding the emrald colored beads that created a pretty bracelet.

I haven't called mom about it yet, I really should.

"It was in the package mom send me." I shrugged, suddenly finding Kai shake me left and right.

"Give me some side dishes friend!" he grinned, making me sigh.

This guy only thinks about food!

 

"Hello?" 

"Hey mom, it's me." 

"Oh, hi sweetie, did you get my package already?" mom asked from the other side of the phone.

Just hearing her voice made me smile.

"Yes, I got it, thank you for making so much."

"Give some to your friend, he likes my, sin't it?" mom chuckled happily, making me smile even brighter than before.

Just hearing mom's voice can make every worry disappear.

"Oh, right. I wanted to ask, about the bracelet in the package, where did you buy it because it didn't come with a box." I said, looking at the bracelet around my wrist.

"Bracelet?" mom asked, completely confused. "What bracelet are you talking about? I only send you food."

I frowned, staring at the green colored beads, shining different shades of green.

"A green colored one, made out of beads." I tried to explain but mom denied ever having put a bracelet in the package.

"I think you're mistaken." mom said.

"Oh, nevermind then. I'll call you later."

"Sure sure, sweetie. Good luck with your studies!"

"Bye mom."

I finished the call and stared at my bracelet, wondering where it came from it mom didn't buy it for me.

If it's not mom's then how did it get in the package? It's sealed with tape, this rbacelet can't just fall in the carton box.

"I should go to the post office to ask." I nodded at my decision, taking my jacket to get outside and to the post office.

When I arrived, I waited patiently till it was my turn.

"Hello, how can I help you?"

I explained the entire situation but the woman behind the desk said no one left behind a message of a package being lost or switched.

Even more confused, I walked out of the post office, a sudden crimson color grabbing my attention.

The very same girl with that dark red hair walked pass me.

I've never seen that girl, why am I bumping against her so much recently?

"Be careful." A small whisper reached my ears but when I looked around to find out who said it, the redhaired girl already disappeared, no one else close enough to me to be able to whisper something to me.

Just what is the explanation behind this bracelet... Is that girl invovled in this as well?

 

 


 

Thank you for reading this chapter!

Hope you liked it! :D

Please don't forget to subscribe and to comment, please don't be silent readers, thank you!

Look forward for more :D