Stirring Up The Fan Girls

Minril Verse

           

A/N: So due to a request from the friend I originally wrote this story for, it will be veering more towards the relationships Kayla is making rather than the relationship between Cyril and Changmin for the moment. Thanks~~

 

 

 

             “Shhhhh.” Jaejoong placed a finger against his lips, hearing Changmin and Cyril’s bedroom door open and the two walk out holding hands giggling. Changmin chuckled.

            “Did she fall asleep?” He pointed at Kayla who hadn’t moved from her position on Jaejoong’s lap, head resting in the crook of his neck. Jaejoong nodded.
            “I didn’t want to wake her, she fell asleep pretty much as soon as she put her head down.” His hand was resting softly on the girls hip, whilst his other still held his mobile that he’d been using until about 10 minutes beforehand. “It’s almost midnight, there’s food in the microwave, so eat fast and then get to bed. You,” he pointed to Changmin while whispering, “have to be up in 5 hours for practice, and you, I’m pretty sure,” he moved his finger over to Cyril, “have work tomorrow don’t you?” They both nodded in affirmation.

            “Here, I’ll put her in her room, then you can go to bed as well hyung.” Changmin offered, moving forward and gently picking up the girl off Jaejoong’s lap.

            “Just make sure you put a blanket over her so she’s not cold.” Jaejoong said, still in his mother like mode.

            “Of course hyung. I’m not stupid you know.” Changmin walked carefully to Kayla’s room, laying her down on her bed, and pulled the blanket folded at the end of the bed up over her, taking off her glasses softly, placing them on the bed side table before walking out and turning off the light and closing the door quietly, joining his boyfriend in the kitchen to eat before going to sleep for a few hours.

            Jaejoong stood up off the couch, smiling at the maknae being so careful with the girl, and walked to Yunho’s room. He didn’t turn the light on, not wanting to wake his sleeping boyfriend. Yunho was curled into a ball towards the left-hand side of the bed, breathing rhythmically in sleep. Jaejoong slipped out of his shirt and pants, climbing carefully onto the bed, slipping a hand softly over Yunho’s hip, the leader automatically unfurled, rolling over and curling into the older singer, mumbling before settling back down and drifting off again. Jaejoong smiled, running a hand through Yunho’s hair, before settling down for the night himself.

 

 

            Kayla wandered into the kitchen the next morning, rubbing here eyes underneath her glasses and yawning. It was only 8:00 in the morning, but she’d been woken up by Yunho and Changmin leaving at five, and had just dozed on and off before deciding to get up. What she didn’t expect though, was for Jaejoong to be in the kitchen making breakfast.

            “Oppa, what are you still doing here?” She asked sitting down at the kitchen table.

            “Morning Kayla-yah.” He slipped a plate of pancakes in front of the girl. “Well I thought that since you’re going to be working at the café, I may as well take the morning off to get you set up there and introduce you to the staff.” He placed another two plates on the table, before sitting down behind one of them himself, a yawning Cyril walking in a few seconds later to grab coffee and sit down to the other plate.

            “But I thought you were busy today! Don’t take time off because of me!”

            “Don’t worry, it’s more like I’ve re-scheduled so the owner can visit the store.” He laughed.

            “Well as long as I’m not causing you any trouble.” She popped a chunk of pancake into , watching Cyril down his breakfast quickly.

            “It really isn’t, don’t worry. Now eat your breakfast, we have to leave in an hour. And Cyril, don’t inhale your food, you’ll choke.”

            “Hyung, it’s 8 in the morning, I have work in an hour, let me drink my coffee and I’ll be fine.” Cyril went back to inhaling his food, Jaejoong laughing and Kayla chuckling.

            “Oh, oppa, one thing, how did I end up in bed last night? The last thing I remember is sitting with you on the couch.” The girl blushed at the last part of the sentence, the man smiling.

            “Changmin carried you to bed at about midnight. You fell asleep on my lap while I was talking on the phone. Although I didn’t mind at all, you make a very good blanket.” Kayla just blushed harder. She’d fallen asleep, on the lap of one of Korea’s most famous idols.

            “Well I’ll have to say thankyou when he gets home tonight.” She finished off the pancakes on her plate and stood up. “And if we have to be there in an hour, I call dibs on the shower!” She ran off, leaving one man laughing, and the other sighing into his coffee.

            “You know she’s gonna be like 20 minutes right hyung?”

 

 

            “Come on hyung, we’re gonna be late!!” Cyril walked a few steps ahead of Jaejoong and Kayla on the way to one of Jaejoong’s less well known cars in the parking garage.

            “Don’t worry dongsaeng, that’s one of the perks of knowing the owner you know. You don’t have to be exactly on time!” He laughed, Kayla joining in. Cyril was wearing his work uniform already, black pants, a white button down shirt, his name tag and was carrying his apron in one hand. Jaejoong had tried to dress down, just in plain jeans, a loose v-neck t-shirt, sunglasses and a beanie, but he still managed to look dressed up. Kayla had thrown on a mid length purple dress, a pair of floraly sandal wedges and pulled her long hair up into a messy bun on the top of her head. It was way too hot to even be thinking of wearing it down at the moment.

            “What are people going to think when I turn up to the café with you though oppa?” Kayla asked seriously as they climbed into the car, Jaejoong driving, Kayla in the front and Cyril taking the back seat so he could text his boyfriend in peace.

            “It’ll cause a bit of talk, seeing as the fans saw you at the airport with Yunho when he picked you up.” Kayla looked shocked. “But don’t worry, we actually want a bit of controversy at the moment. It’s getting closer and closer to a good time where Yunho and Changmin can leave SM as well, and then we can all be together again.”

            “Yunho told me about the plan on skype a while ago. You know I cried a whole day when he told me right?” Kayla said in all seriousness. Jaejoong smiled.

            “He told me you looked like you were going to.” He reached a hand across and squeezed the girls shoulder. “You and Cyril are the only ones that know, so if you stir up a bit of trouble, don’t worry. It’ll just take the light off of us, but be careful. You don’t want to be in danger from the fans.”

            “I’ll be careful oppa. Don’t worry.” Kayla smiled.

            When they got to the café, there were a few fans already waiting for the shop to open, but instead of pulling around the back, Jaejoong pulled up out the front, getting out and then running around to open the door for Kayla.

            “I’ve gotta go get things ready inside, I’ll see you guys in a bit.” Cyril jumped out of the car as well, jogging around to the side staff entrance door.

            “Well he’s in a rush isn’t he?” Kayla said, taking the hand that Jaejoong had offered to help her out of the car.

            “He’s just worried about not having the café open on time. Some of the idols like to stop by as soon as it opens to grab coffee before going off to their schedules for the day.” He let go of Kayla’s hand, locking the car and waving to the few fans standing out the front with a smile, making them squeal and yelling.

            “That’s one thing I never got to do being a fan in Australia.”

            “What? Be a screaming fangirl waiting at a coffee shop?” Jaejoong laughed, opening the door to the café with his keys and locking it behind them. They couldn’t have the fans rushing in here before the place even opened after all.

            “Not exactly, just be in a large group of people who all loved the same group. I mean, I had friends who were cassies and k-pop fans all over Australia, but we hardly ever got to get together with people in school, uni and working.” They stopped at what appeared to be the main counter of the store.

            “Well you’ll get used to it now you’re here huh?” Jaejoong chuckled. “Why don’t I give you a tour?” Kayla nodded, and followed the older man as he walked. “Well this is the main counter as you’ve probably guessed. The baristas all work here, and then there’s seating a bit further in down there.” He pointed to a medium sized hallway leading to a more open area with tables and chairs. “But if you’re in a hurry, there’s seats here in front of the counter of course.” He motioned to the smaller tables and chairs to the right of them. “And now, because Cyril is about to open those doors, how about we go upstairs and I’ll show you the VIP level?” He cocked his head at the doorway, where sure enough Cyril was unlocking the doors for the day.

            “Uh, stick around and get attacked by a large group of Korean girls, or follow an attractive man upstairs, I know which one I’m choosing.” Kayla laughed at the small blush that shaded Jaejoong’s cheeks, following him up a set of stairs to the left of the main counter. There was a short, slightly steep climb to get up them, but even in heels, it was manageable.

            “Well this is the VIP level. Once we get you set up, you’ll probably be up here quite a bit. Just don’t go fainting on me with the idols will you?” Jaejoong said a little sarcastically, laughing at Kayla rolling her eyes. “Of course I won’t oppa.” She said back just as sarcastically, laughing, sitting down on the chair Jaejoong pulled out for her.

            “I’ll go grab us some coffee and the manager, and we’ll get you set up shall we?” Jaejoong disappeared down the stairs again after a nod of approval from Kayla, coming back about five minutes later with a man carrying two iced coffees in his hands. “This is Kim Jongjin, he manages the place for me.” The man bowed, setting the two coffees down.

            “Pleased to meet you Kayla-ssi. I’m happy Jaejoong-ssi had decided to hire another foreign employee, you’ll be a great help with translating.” Jongjin said very politely, before turning around to head back down to the café.

            “Well he seems nice enough.”

            “He is, he’s just a little surprised I decided to hire you without an interview, but when I explained that I’ve known you for a couple of years, he was a little bit less so.” Kayla took a sip of her coffee looking down at the papers Jaejoong had put on the table as well.

            “So what do we have to sort out?”

 

 

            “So you’re all sorted now.” Jaejoong smiled, collecting up the papers he’d gone over with the girl. “I’ll get you a uniform and you can start in a few days.”

            “Thank you so much for doing this again oppa.” Kayla thanked the man again.

            “Like I said, don’t worry. And you can stop calling me oppa, Just Jae is fine. I think we know each other well enough. I take it you liked the coffee though.” He laughed at the empty cup sitting on the table in front of the girl.

            “I’m happy it was iced, and not normal coffee, it’s too hot for that! And thankyou Jae-ah.”

 Jaejoong laughed again.

            “Come on, I’ll drop you home before I have to run off to my schedule. I’m sure you can find something to amuse yourself until the others get home.” He stood up, holding out a hand to help Kayla up as well, and then led her down the stairs to be greeted with a flock of fan-girls crowding around someone else in the café.

            “Jae!” Yoochun waved from the other side of the café, politely signing something for a fan and then excusing himself to walk over and give Jae a shoulder hug before clasping hands laughing. “Well this is a nice surprise. I didn’t know you were coming in this morning; otherwise I would have sat and had coffee with you. And Kayla-yah too! Looking very pretty today as usual.” Yoochun smirked before whispering to the both of them. “Wanna give the fans something to talk about?” Kayla and Jaejoong both laughed and nodded, knowing that the fans had been giving Yunho and Changmin trouble lately because of their upcoming come-back. “Just follow my lead.”  He leant forward and picked up Kayla, spinning her round in a hug.

            “Yah!” Kayla laughed. “Oppa!”

            “Oh shush and give me a proper hug.” Yoochun put her down and opened his arms, Kayla stepping forward and hugging the older man.

            “Okay, that’s enough.” Jae piped in, smiling at their antics and the obviously stirred up fans whispering and bickering with each other. “My turn.” His grin turned into a smirk as he stole the headband Kayla had put in her hair that morning and skipped away, grinning.

            “Yah! Kim Jaejoong! Give me that back!” Kayla playfully chased the man around a few (thankfully empty) tables, attempting to get the hair accessory back.

            “But don’t you think it looks so much better on me?” He put the purple headband on his own head, skipping away from Kayla again as she made a grab for it laughing. “What do you think Chunnie?” He pouted.

           “Sorry Jae, but purple’s just not your colour.” He folded his arms smiling at the pout his band mate produced.

            “Fine.” He playfully scoffed, rolling his eyes and setting the headband back on Kayla’s head where it belonged. “I’ll see you later Chunnie. I have to get this lovely lady home and then off to an interview.”

            Yoochun laughed, giving them both another hug before disappearing up stairs, promising to visit them again soon. Jaejoong and Kayla quickly walked outside to Jaejoong’s car, avoiding the fans who were now going crazy and driving off.

            “That, has got to be the best fun I’ve had in a while Kayla-yah.” Jaejoong laughed loudly, driving back towards Yunho and Changmin’s apartment. Kayla was laughing loudly as well.

            “I’ll just have to hole up in the apartment for a few days to keep them away.” She laughed. “But that was so much fun!”

            “I need to break out like that more often. And hopefully soon I’ll be able to do it without having to worry about being careful of mentioning Yunho.”

            “You will soon Jae-ah.” Kayla calmed down and smiled, the man smiling back as he pulled into the parking garage of Yunho’s apartment complex.

            “I know. I’ll come visit again soon and drop off your uniform.”

            “Okay, see you later!” Kayla leaned across the console, giving the man a hug before climbing out and waving as Jaejoong pulled back out of the garage. Jaejoong waved back, smiling to himself and thinking.