Re-Union

Minril Verse

 

            “YAH!” The yell resounded throughout the Dong Bang household. “Stay away from the food, you know Jae, Su and Chun are coming over, you can have the food then.” Yunho slapped Changmin’s hand away from a plate of cookies he had just put out to cool off.

            “But hyung!”

            “No buts!!!” Yunho looked at him fatherly. “Go find your boyfriend, Jae said they’d be here in 10 minutes anyway.”

            “Yeah, yeah, I’m going.” Changmin pouted and walked out of the kitchen, which was now Yunho’s demain after Jaejoong, Yoochun and Junsu had left S.M. Entertainment. “Cyril!!! Are you ready? The hyungs are gonna be here like any minute!” He called into the apartment.

            “Give me a minute!” Came the accented reply from their bedroom. “I swear Min, next time you pull ALL the clothes out from the wardrobe searching for your black jeans after I TOLD you they were in the wash, I’m going to…..I’m going to….well I don’t know what I’m going to do, but seriously! You own like 3 pairs!!!” Changmin arrived at the doorway still pouting to find his boyfriend of a year stuffing clothes into the dresser.

            “You know they’re my favourite pair! I was wearing those when I met you.” Changmin pouted again, blushing during the second half of his sentence.

            “I know.” Cyril looked up at his blushing boyfriend. “But you’re so adorable when you blush, I can’t help myself making you.”

            “Oh shush you,” Min walked over and reached his arms up around Cyril’s neck, before pecking him on the lips, “now come on! How much you wanna bet that Jae-hyung and Yunho-hyung will be missing, together, within 30 minutes of the others getting here?” Grabbing Changmin’s hand, Cyril led them into the lounge-room where he sunk down into a plush couch pulling Changmin down into his lap and trapping him there with arms around his waist.

            “You know you should never make bet’s Minnie, you always loose, but I think you could be right this time.” Changmin chuckled and re-arranged himself on the lap so that he was facing sideways and could snuggle his head into Cyril’s neck. “What’s our fearless leader got planned for the day then?”

            “I think he said something about running a drama marathon or something, so we can all just curl up on the couches and have a quiet day after lunch.” Closing his eyes, Changmin let out a breath and curled in closer. “Why are you so comfy?”

            “Why are you so cute?” Cyril retorted and leaned down to kiss the older man in his lap, chuckling as Changmin pulled away, hearing the voices in the entry-way. “See, what did I say? Cute.” Cyril pecked him on the lips again as the voices came closer.

            “Starting the party without us maknae-ah?” Yoochun laughed appearing in the doorway, Junsu in tow holding his hand and smiling.

            “Stop teasing Minnie-ah Chun.” Jaejoong’s voice came from within the circle of Yunho’s arms, said leader’s face buried in Jae’s hair.

            ‘Yeah, yeah, yeah, I got it.” Yoochun pulled Junsu into a hug similar to YunJae.

            “So getting past all that, how have you guys been?” Junsu smiled, making Yoochun sit down by walking backwards until his knees hit the couch.

            “Well, it was Min and mine’s first anniversary last week.” Cyril said sweetly, looking down at the blushing older boy on his lap.

            “Nawww, you guys are so cute together! What did you do?” Jae asked now sitting to the left of Yunho on the couch, curled into the leader’s side with an arm around him.

            “Come on Minnie-ah!” Junsu piped in. “Tell us!!”

            “Well, I really wanted to fly us back to Australia where we met, but you know how it is with all the crazy fans, they’d know as soon as I got to the airport.” Changmin explained still with his head tucked under Cyril’s chin. Everyone nodded, completely understanding from their own experience.

            “So instead,” Cyril took over, “he rented out a penthouse and sung for me.” He reached up and ran a hand through Changmin’s hair, the other rubbing circles on his back, making Changmin sigh and curl up.

            “See, what did I say, Minnie can be romantic when he wants to be.” Yunho laughed softly at the couple.

            “I almost forgot you guys met in Australia. You’re Korean’s gotten really good Cyril, you almost don’t have an accent any more.” Yoochun smiled widely. “It was K-Pop Fest in Sydney right?”

            “Well it was actually at the airport the day beforehand, but yeah, that’s the one.”

            “I don’t think I’ve heard the story yet.” Junsu said. “Tell us while Yunnie gets the food?”

            “Well Min would have to tell it, since it was really him that found me.” Cyril laughed as Yunho wiggled out from under Jae to go get lunch. He’d heard the story before, he was there for it.

            “Okay, short version though, otherwise we’d be here all night as well as the afternoon.” Changmin said sitting up a bit straighter so he could be heard properly. “Well when we got off the plane, and were walking through the airport, there were Cassies, everywhere! I didn’t think we’d be so popular in a country like Australia, but it was good to see so many DB5K banners and fans calling out all of our names.” Everyone smiled, happy that their fans were still waiting for them after 3 years. “There was security holding people back, but when there’s a sea of fan girls, your eyes get drawn to the few fan boys that are there. We were almost out, when I saw Cyril towering over everyone with a fan sign smiling like anything.” He turned to plant a kiss on said man before continuing. “He wasn’t even screaming or yelling, just standing there with a huge grin on his face holding his sign.”
            “Well I didn’t want to loose my voice before the actual concert. I was just being logical.” Cyril chuckled.

            “Yeah, and Minnie didn’t stop talking about you for hours afterwards.” Yunho walked back in from the kitchen, large plates balanced in his hands, before Jae jumped up to help him place them down on the living room table.

            “The concert was even better. And yet again, after we finished off the show, there he was again, in the VIP standing section, jumping around like a mad man, but it was so adorable. So as we were walking off stage, I saved one of the autographed balls we were throwing into the audience, wrote my number and a message on it, and managed to get it to him before getting pulled into the mass of people standing. And the rest as they say is history.” Changmin finished off.

            “You were lucky that I have a noona that knew Korean and was teaching me at the time, so I could actually read the thing.”
            “Is that the noona that knows all about us?” Junsu asked, leaning over to grab plate and settling back in between Yoochun’s legs so the both of them could eat off the one plate, while Jaejoong did the same thing for himself and Yunho.

            “Yeah, that’s the one. She’s the one that was with me at the airport with the bright red hair. You remember hyung?” Cyril directed his question at Yunho who was being fed by Jaejoong.

            “The one that had the sign asking Hyuna to marry her? Yeah,” Yunho laughed, “I remember her, she was adorable, not to mention helping set up your brother Yoochun.”
            “Speaking of which, how are Yoohwan and Joanne? I haven’t talked to Joanne in a while, so I’m guessing your brother is off spoiling her in some foreign country again.” Cyril laughed as Changmin grabbed their plate and started eating the gimbap that Yunho had made, feeding Cyril every second piece.

            “They’re good. He told me he’s thinking of proposing soon.” Yoochun bit into a piece of gimbap that Junsu held up to him.

            “Wow, that’s so cute!” Cyril said pecking Min on the cheek. “I’ll have to tell noona, she’ll be so excited!”

            “This is good Yunnie,” Junsu suddenly jumped in. “Has Jae been teaching you to cook over the phone again?” Yunho looked around suspiciously.

            “Maybe.” He drew out the word before Jaejoong laughed and attached himself to Yunho’s lips.

            “Looks like you lost your bet Min.” Cyril whispered into Changmin’s ear, making him blush bright red. “Now you owe me a favour.”

            “Come on Cyril! We haven’t even started the drama marathon yet, and you’re already molesting Minnie-ah!” Yoochun teased, making everyone laugh.

            “You’re one to talk Chun. Remember last time we had one of these nights? You and Su disappeared within an hour.” Yunho smirked.

            “And if you’ll remember, so did you and Jae!” Junsu chirped making the third couple in the room laugh.

            “Speaking of that drama marathon, are we gonna start it now?”
Having one of these quiet nights watching movies or TV happened every time Jaejoong, Yoochun and Junsu could sneak away from their managers when they were in Korea. It was one of those rare chances where all three couples could just relax and spend time together as well as with their significant other, which was more meaningful in Yunho and Jaejoong’s case seeing as they were the only couple separated by the split in the band. A couple of hours into the drama marathon, and YunJae had disappeared into their room, which the others didn’t mind, leaving the couple to their space. Yoochun was laying on the larger couch, with Junsu laying on him, arms curled around each other, exchanging light kisses and speaking to each other quietly. Changmin was still curled up on Cyril’s lap, head tucked into his neck, quietly talking to each other like Yoosu.

            “It’s so early but I feel like I’ve been awake for hours longer than I have.” Min yawned, lips brushing his boyfriend’s neck.

            “Well technically you have you know, you stayed up late last night, well this morning, seeing as it was 2am when you said you went to sleep, and then you were up early this morning to help Yunho clean. I suppose you’ve just gotten out of the habit of running on low sleep since you guys split up.”

            “I couldn’t sleep because I couldn’t stop thinking. I’m going to have to get used to low sleep again.” Changmin yawned again causing Cyril to re-arrange on the couch so that Min could lay down more.

            “Why would you say that Min?”

            “Well we were going to tell you tomorrow, but YunJae are probably not going to come out of their room for most of tomorrow. Ever since the hyungs left the company, all 5 of us have been secretly saving money, writing and recording songs, so that when we felt the time was right, we could all be back together as one group, without having to be under on company. We’d be under our own label.”

            “Min, oh my god Min! Why didn’t you guys tell me earlier?! I’m so happy for you all!” Cyril almost wanted to yell, but noticing the now sleeping Yoosu on the couch, used a loud whisper instead, before squarely kissing the man on his lap on the lips and then laying their foreheads together, but not before Changmin yawned again. “Come on, I think it’s time we moved to an actual bed to sleep before falling asleep here and waking up with sore backs.” Cyril stood up slowly, grabbing the TV remote to turn the TV off, while Changmin softly woke up Yoochun and Junsu so they could get to bed as well.

            “We can clean up in the morning,” Changmin said noticing his boyfriend clearing plates. “Come to bed so I can use you as a pillow.” Cyril just smiled and took the hand that was being offered to him, being dragged into their shared bedroom and pushed onto the bed still fully clothed before having Changmin curl up beside him, head on his chest and eyes already closed. “Love you.”

            “Love you too Min.”