Visitor

Minril Verse

 

            “I’m home!” Yunho walked through the front door of the apartment, dropping the few plastic bags he was holding on the kitchen table, as well as his keys, which made a loud clunk as he dropped them on the glass surface. He walked through the living room trying to find the other occupants of the house. “Minnie, Cyril?”

            “Shhhhhhh!” Came the loud whisper from inside the room to the left of his. Yunho walked through the door, pushing it open slowly and peeking his head in first, to find Cyril sitting on his and Changmin’s large bed, laptop sitting on his lap and Changmin curled up next to him, pressed against his side. Cyril was running his hand through the sleeping man’s hair slowly.

            Yunho chuckled seeing the sleeping man. He’d been working so hard lately. Going and practicing more than they were scheduled to and going to the gym multiple hours every day, trying to catch up to his hyung.

            “Don’t wake him up, he’s only been out for half an hour, and you guys didn’t get home till late this morning.” Cyril said in a soft voice, before something caught his attention on the laptop screen in front of him.

            “What’s happening Cyril?” Came from the speakers of the machine quietly, volume turned doswn so as to not wake the sleeping man next to it.

            “Ah, sorry, Yunho hyung just came home.” Cyril said to the laptop before turning his attention back to the man standing in the doorway of his room. “Noona called on skype a little while ago.” Cyril explained, Yunho walking over from the door, peeking his head around to look at the screen and wave when he realised who was on the screen looking back at him.

            “Long time no see Kayla.” Yunho smiled, sitting lightly on the side of the bed, Cyril scooting the computer around to fit them both in shot of the camera.

            “Hey Yunho oppa.” The girl on the screen waved, pushing her glasses up her nose and smiling. “It has been a while hasn’t it?”

            Yunho nodded, still smiling. “It has, how have you been?”

            “Great! I graduated from university a couple of weeks ago.”

            “Congratulations!” Yunho laughed when the girl squealed, blushing.

            She laughed, Yunho joining in.

            “Urgh, what’s going on?” A yawning Changmin appeared in the shot on screen, rubbing his eyes and draping himself over Cyril’s shoulders to look at the screen as well.

            “Ooops, sorry Minnie-ah.” Yunho winced at the glare the maknae gave him at having been woken up from his afternoon nap.

            “Hey Kayla-noona.” The still yawning man waved lazily at the screen before tucking his head into his boyfriends neck and refusing to move.

            “Hey Minnie. Sorry, guess we were a bit loud huh?” Kayla winced as well, before clasping her hands together at how cute the now awake man was being in his sleepyness.

            “..don’t mind, just let me sleep.” Changmin mumbled wrapping arms around Cyril’s waist and settling back down, closing his eyes again.

            “Don’t worry noona, he’s always like this when he wants to be asleep and he’s not.” Cyril went back to running a hand through the man’s hair.

            “It’s cute, maybe I should call back later?” Kayla suggested, seeing that they were probably going to be even louder talking.

            “Okay, but I miss you noona.” Cyril pouted at the screen.

            “I miss you too dongsaeng-ah.”

            “You know, you could come visit if you wanted.” Yunho chimed back into the conversation. “I know you and Cyril haven’t seen each other in person since he moved over here, and you just graduated, so you don’t have classes any more.”

            “Really? She can come visit?” Cyril said quietly, trying not to make too much noise, but obviously excited.

            “Sure, we’re not promoting at the moment, so it’s pretty quiet with us just going to practise most days. And we have a spare room, so you wouldn’t have to pay for a hotel or anything.”         

            “Are you sure oppa? I wouldn’t want to cause any trouble for you guys.” Kayla said, already looking excited at the prospect.

            “Yeah, just book a flight and come over whenever you want this week, we’re not busy at all so one of us can meet you at the airport so you won’t get lost.”

            “Okay. I’ll book one now!” She sounded so excited and Yunho chuckled.

            “Just tell us when and we’ll work everything out.”

            “Well I’ll go start getting things ready, I’ll talk to you later okay dongsaeng-ah?” Kayla was already busy shuffling papers on her desk she was sitting at and writing things down off her computer screen.

            “Okay, I’ll talk to you tomorrow, bye!” Cyril hung up on the call and rearranged to put the laptop on the side table next to the bed. Seeing the opportunity, Changmin moved so his arms were fully wrapped around his boyfriend’s waist, head laying on Cyril’s hip bone, before mumbling something about wanting food after he woke up making Cyril and Yunho laugh.

            “I bought take out for dinner.” Yunho stood up before walking back over to the door. “Just come grab it when you guys wanna eat.”

            “That might not be for a while hyung.” Cyril said looking down at the once again sleeping man curled around on his lap.

            “No worries, just don’t let him sleep too long, otherwise he won’t sleep tonight.”

            “Who said we planned on sleeping tonight hyung?”

 

 

            “Come on hyung! I can’t be working today! Noona gets here today!” Cyril paced back and forward across the living room, phone to his ear, Jaejoong on the other end of the line.

            “Sorry dongsaeng-ah, but one of the guys called in sick, and you’re the only other one I can trust with the VIP level today!”

            “Fine,” Cyril admitted defeat seeing as they’d been arguing about it for 15 minutes already. “But you owe me big for this one hyung! Like coking me kimchi jiggae big.” Jaejoong swore he could have heard the younger man pouting through the phone line.

            “Okay, deal, and it’s not all day, it’s just a couple of hours. I’ll come over and bring Yoosu in a couple of days, then I can meet your noona as well.”

            “Okay hyung, bye.” Cyril cut off the phone call, flopping down onto the couch and laying his head on Changmin’s lap. “I have to go to work soon.”

            “I heard, but at least you’re not sitting around all day doing nothing.” Changmin commented. Cyril had been working at Jaejoong’s new coffee shop since it opened a couple of months beforehand as a barista and waiter.

            “I know, but noona gets here today! And I wanted to meet her at the airport.” He sighed and then got up to get ready for work.

            “Hyung’s gonna go pick her up from the airport himself, so don’t stress, it’s not like she’s gonna get lost trying to find her way here or anything.” Changmin stood up as well, linking arms around the shorter man’s waist and leaning in to peck him on the lips. “And to top that off, he can show her how to get into the building without being attacked by the crazy fans outside.”

            “I didn’t even think about them! I hope she’s okay.”

            “Stop worrying, you’ll just work yourself up over nothing.”

            “But you know how worried I get! What if the fans start throwing things or try to…” Changmin cut off the ranting man with a kiss, pulling away when Cyril tried to deepen it.

            “She’ll be fine. Now get your into that y uniform and get to work. I want coffee before I go to the gym.”

 

 

            Yunho stood in the international terminal of the airport, waiting for the plane from Australia to de-board. He’d managed to make it here without too many fans following him, but inevitably, some had managed to keep tabs on him and were forming a small cluster about 20 meters away. Shaking his head, he looked at the crowd, trying to pick out the girl he was there to pick up, smiling when he saw a flash of bright red hair from within the masses of people. It wasn’t long before a girl emerged, bright red hair, tugging a red suitcase behind her, walking out of the terminal and stopping to look around. He waved, trying to get her attention.

            “Kayla-yah!” He said loudly as he started to approach the lost looking girl. She swivelled her head hearing her name being called and broke into a smile straight away, walking over.

            “Yunho oppa!” She crashed into the man with a laugh, Yunho picking her up and spinning her around in the air once before setting her back down on her feet carefully. Who cared if the fans saw, it’d give them something to talk about at least.

            “Did you have a good trip?” Yunho grabbed her suit case by the handle and started to lead them out of the terminal towards the car park.

            “Yeah, I think I slept most of the way listening to my ipod though.” She laughed, looking around that airport they were walking through and spotted the fans. “, I’m not gonna cause mayhem with them am I?”

            Yunho just flicked a hand and whispered. “They’re just jealous cause you’re so pretty.” Kayla laughed and blushed. She had met Yunho and Changmin a few times since they’d first gone to Australia. Once at the after-party of the concert, and then she’d ran into them in Japan while she was on exchange studying in Tokyo, where she’d spent a couple of days showing them round a few good clubs in the area. She had yet to meet Jaejoong, Yoochun and Junsu in person though, only having talked to them over skype and the phone.

            “Stop flattering me, what would Jaejoong say if he heard that?”

            “He’d probably agree with me.” Yunho laughed at the still blushing girl.    

            “What happened to Cyril? I thought he was going to come with you?”  Kayla quickly changed the subject.

            “He was, but he got called into work because one of the baristas called in sick.” Yunho explained as they approached the parking lot of the airport and started towards his car.

            “Ah okay, how long is he working for?”

            “He should be finishing up actually.” Yunho looked down at his watch noting the time, I’ll give him a call and see, we can swing by and pick up Minnie from the gym on the way through then all go grab a late lunch together if you’re up for it.”

            “Sounds like a plan!” Kayla helped Yunho put her suitcase into the boot of his Audi before climbing into the passenger seat while Yunho slipped into the drivers seat and started the car. Pulling out of the parking space, Yunho hit a button and activated the hands free in the car, calling Cyril. After a few rings he picked up.

            “Hello?”

            “Hey Cyril, you finished at work?”

            “Yeah, just finishing up on the VIP tables now, someone else was able to come in to cover the rest of the shift. And Yoochun dropped in and said to say hi.” Yunho chuckled.

            “Well I’ve got someone here who wants to say hi to you as well.” Yunho pulled out of the airport and merged onto the main road.

            “Hey dongsaeng-ah!” Kayla giggled at the gasp that came from the other end of the line.

            “Noona!!! You’re here!”

            “Of course silly, now hurry up and finish work so I can see you.”

            “We’ll be there in about 15 minutes Cyril, gotta pick up Minnie first, then we’ll meet you in the usual spot?” Yunho slowed down at a set of traffic lights.

            “Okay hyung, Can’t wait to see you noona!!.” Kayla laughed.

            “Bye dongsaeng-ah.”  She turned to Yunho. “I can see it now, I’m going to be crushed to death when that boy hugs me, I swear. All Yunho could do was laugh.

            “I’m sure he won’t kill you, and Minnie will want a hug as well you know.”

            “Well we haven’t seen each other for a good year or so, so I’m sure he will.”

            “Come on, he should be waiting inside.” Yunho pulled the car into the parking lot of a large gym complex, getting out with Kayla following. Walking in, they found Changmin waiting in the lobby, jumping up and running to them when he saw the red haired girl.

            “Kayla noona!” He grabbed her and picked her up off the ground hugging her, laughing. “It’s so good to see you again!”

            “You too Minnie-ah.” She joined in the laughing, hugging the much taller man back before stepping back.

            “Cyril’s gonna be bouncing off the walls waiting for us, so let’s get going.” Changmin grabbed his noona’s hand, pulling her out of the building towards Yunho’s car with the owner in tow, getting some very strange looks from the people around the area.

            “Well we better not keep him waiting huh?”

 

 

            “NOONA!!!” Kayla was crushed in a hug as soon as she step foot outside of Yunho’s car a couple of blocks away from Coffee Cojjee. Since Yunho and Changmin couldn’t risk being spotted close to the café, they always picked Cyril up from another café down the road a little ways.

            “Yah! I’m glad to see you and all dongsaeng-ah, but I can’t breathe!” Cyril loosened his grip, still hugging the shorter girl tightly. “I missed you!!”
            “I missed you too noona!”

            “Yah!” Kayla hit him on the arm lightly. “Why haven’t you come home to visit hm?”

            “Cause I’ve been busy working and…” Kayla laughed cutting him off.

            “I was only teasing. You take things too seriously, just like normal. Now come on, I’m starving and oppa promised me lunch.”

            “Where are we going hyung?” Cyril climbed into the back seat of the car with Changmin, Kayla climbing back into the front with Yunho.

            “Just to that little café near the apartment.” 

            “Ah okay. You’ll love it noona. The ajumma there is so nice, and gives us free kimchi.” Kayla laughed.

            “Sounds good to me!”

 

 

            Lunch was full of laughing and catching up. Kayla had graduated with full honours from her university degree, now fluent in Japanese and Korean.

            “So what do you plan to do now that you’re not a student?” Yunho asked her, sipping at a cup of coffee that had just been bought to him by the nice café ajumma.

            “I started looking for a job at home. But apparently there’s not a lot of places that want to hire young translators in Australia.” She frowned. “And how are you drinking coffee in this heat? It’s boiling!”

            “Well you’re welcome to stay here as long as you want.” He smiled. “And it’s not that hot, it’s only the start of summer!” Yunho pouted clutching his coffee closer as if someone was going to take it away from him. Kayla just sipped at her own drink, an iced tea, chuckling.

            “You forget it’s the start of winter in Australia at the moment. I’ve just flown from 3 degree days to 30 degree days. It’s hot oppa.”

            “There’s a pool on the roof of our apartment building noona. We can always go swimming to cool off.” Changmin chimed in, sitting in the other side of the booth with Cyril.

            “That sounds amazing. Maybe tomorrow?”

            “Oooh, yes! Let’s go swimming tomorrow! Jaejoong, Junsu and Yoochun are coming over.” Cyril added.

            “It’s settled then. Pool party tomorrow.” Yunho laughed standing up to go and pay the bill for lunch, and then herding everyone back to the car to go home.

 

 

            Yunho led them into the apartment, Changmin flopping onto the couch, Cyril following not long after on top of him and curling up.

            “The spare room’s down the hallway over there and 2nd on the right if you want to get unpacked.” Yunho pointed across the living room, sitting down to take his shoes off. Kayla nodded, and headed down the hall with her suit case rolling after her.

            “It’s so nice to see your noona again Cyril.” Changmin wrapped his arms around the man laying on him.

            “I know, I’m the same.” Cyril nuzzled his nose against the others in an Eskimo kiss before leaning in for the actual thing. Changmin reciprocating and deepening it straight away, tightening his hold on the younger man.

            “Get a room dongsaeng-ah.” Kayla re-appeared, only having dumped her bag in her room and taken her shoes off, and chucked a pillow at the pair on the couch that she’d picked up off one of the lounge chairs, making Yunho laugh. Changmin and Cyril just laughed it off, kissing again before sitting up.

            “Better get used to it Kayla-yah. They’re like this all the time.” Yunho said sitting down on the other end of the couch to the couple.

            “I bet Yoochun oppa and Junsu oppa aren’t any better. Let alone you and Jaejoong oppa.” Cyril and Changmin burst out laughing.

            “Welcome to the family.” Changmin high fived her for the comment, Yunho laughing along.

            “Before we know it you’ll run off with someone in the business and then you’ll be the same.” The oldest man chuckled at the blush that appeared on Kayla’s cheeks as she giggled which was cut off by a yawn.

            “Take a nap noona.” Cyril suggested snuggling into his boyfriend’s arms. “That’s what I plan on doing now. Work was really busy today.” Changming hugged the younger to him, burying his face in Cyril’s hair.

            “I’m still definitely a bit tired. Plus this heat is making me sleepy, so I think I might do that. You guys don’t mind do you?”

            “Not at all, lay on the couch. “ Yunho said shooing the other couple off it and into their room to make room for the girl. “It’ll be cooler out here than in the bedrooms. I’ll leave the balcony door open for you.”

            “Thanks oppa.” Kayla said yawning again, laying her head down on the arm rest of the lounge and closing her eyes. She listened to Yunho move around the apartment, cleaning a few things up and then sitting back down on the other end of the couch with what she assumed was a book from the sound of pages flicking every 30 seconds or so, and drifted off to sleep.