Pool Party

Minril Verse

 

“It’s so hot!” Kayla was laying on the hard wood floor of Yunho and Changmin’s apartment, in a pair of mid thigh shorts and a short sleeved t-shirt.

            “Noona, you’ll get used to it. You’ve only been here a day so far.” Cyril said sitting on the couch in the living room, watching the news on the TV in the background.

            “I know, I know, but still. When do Yunho oppa and Changmin come back? And do you know when the others are coming over?” Kayla rolled over onto her stomach, the cool wood of the floor doing a little to help with the heat of the air.

           “Hyung and Minnie left about 5 this morning, so they should be back in about an hour or so I think? And Jae, Su and Chunnie should be here in about half an hour. Jae wanted to cook lunch before we go swimming.” Kayla giggled.

            “That’s right, he owes you kimchi jiggae right? I can’t believe I’m going to get to try Jaejoong’s cooking. You know how many fan girls would kill for that?”

            “Says the raging fan girl laying on TVXQ’s living room floor in her PJ’s.” Cyril was also lounging around in shorts and a light t-shirt.

            “Oh shush you. I got used to knowing my favourite band when you started dating Minnie.”

            “Still doesn’t stop you buying every one of their albums.” Cyril just smiled when Kayla dropped her head into her arms on the floor. “Go take a cold shower if it’ll make you feel better, and get into your swimmers, that’ll help as well.”

            “That, sounds like an excellent idea dongsaeng-ah.” Kayla jumped up from the floor. “If the others show up before I get out, just give me a yell.” She walked off and a few seconds later Cyril heard the shower start up in the bathroom and it was only 20 minutes later there was a knock on the door before it opened and a head poked in.

            “Cyril-ah? You home?” Jaejoong opened the door a little wider and stepped in, Yoochun and Junsu appearing behind him.

            “Yeah! In the living room hyung!” Cyril yelled from his place sprawled on the lounge reading a book.
            “Hey!” Jaejoong walked into the living room carrying a few bags of what looked to be groceries, Yoochun and Junsu walking in behind him. Cyril put his book down and stood up to hug each of the three men hello.

            “So where’s this noona of yours Cyril-ah?” Jaejoong had dumped the bags he was carrying in the kitchen.

            “Ah! She’s in the shower cooling down. She only got here yesterday and it’s winter in Australia at the moment, so she’s feeling the heat a lot more than we are. Hang on I’ll go grab her.” Jaejoong nodded smiling, clapping his hands in excitement as he sat down on the edge of the lounge chair that YooSu were currently curled together in.

            Cyril walked down the hallway, stopping at the bathroom door and knocking. They shower wasn’t running any more, so maybe she was already in her room.

            “Noona? The others are here and they wanna meet you!” A couple of seconds passed.

           “Just give me a sec and I’ll be out.” She popped her head out of the next door down, and a few seconds later, came out. “Now then, how about you introduce me?” Cyril walked back into the living room, Kayla following him.

            “So Jae, Su, Chunnie, this is my noona. Kayla.” Cyril stepped to the side to let the 3 men introduce themselves.

            Jaejoong looked the girl standing in front of him and the others with surprise on his face.

            “Wow Kayla-yah, you’re much prettier in person rather than over a fuzzy camera on the internet.” Junsu smiled from on Yoochun’s lap, Yoochun chuckling at the blush that spread over the girl’s cheeks at the compliment.

            “Susu, don’t make the girl faint when we’ve only just met her. Even if what you said is true.” Yoochun moved his gaze to Kayla. “But it’s nice to meet you face to face Kayla-yah.” He said nodding as he couldn’t get up to shake her hand with his boyfriend firmly seated on his lap.

           Jaejoong hesitated speaking for a moment. She was much prettier than he remembered from their skype chats. She stood maybe Junsu’s height, bright red hair falling in waves almost to her hips with a short, straight fringe at the front, just hitting the top of a pair of black rimmed glasses hiding hazel coloured eyes. She was wearing a navy, sleeveless dress, hitting mid thigh, with the ties of a swimsuit visible tied around her neck at the back under the small collar.

            “Like Chunnie said, nice to finally meet you in person Kayla.” Jaejoong extended his hand and Kayla took it, shaking it lightly, still blushing slightly.

            “Well it’s nice to get to see you all finally!” She brightened up now the introductions were through. “And I could say the same about you guys. You’re all much better looking in person.” She smirked. “Although, I was expecting more from the way Yunho rants about you guys.”

            “Ooooh, this one’s got attitude. She’s perfect.” Yoochun laughed, and the others joined in. “Or has she just been hanging around Minnie too long?” Cyril pouted and put his hands on his hips.

            “Shush hyung.” They all laughed again.        

            “I can see we’ll all get along fine.” Jaejoong stood up from hit seat. “Now, I believe I owe you kimchi jiggae Cyril? And thankyou so much for covering yesterday. I don’t know what I’d do without you at that café.”

            “No problems hyung.” Cyril smiled. “Now, go get cooking, I want my food and Yunho hyung and Minnie will be back soon, and after practice, they’re gonna be starving.” Jaejoong laughed.

            “Okay dongsaeng. Calm down, it doesn’t take long to make. Go play a video game or something until it’s done. I’m sure Junsu won’t protest.” Said man jumped off Yoochun’s lap, exclaiming his agreement and the two of them went to set up one of the gaming consoles attached to the TV, Yoochun comfortable just watching the game being played relaxing on the couch.

            “Do you need any help in the kitchen oppa?” Kayla offered, seeing Jaejoong stand up to walk in that direction.

            “That’d be nice. Thanks.” He smiled at the offer, the girl following him into the kitchen and following his directions to start chopping and making the food.

            When everything was in a large pot on the stove boiling, Kayla pulled herself up onto the kitchen counter, kicking her legs back and forward slightly drinking a glass of water. It was only then Jaejoong noticed the colour on the inside of her left leg.

            “You have a tattoo?” Jaejoong said pointing at the ink. “Can I see?”          

            “Ah, sure.” The girl said hesitantly, stopping the motion of her legs and turning the left one slightly to let him see the tattoo clearly. What Jaejoong saw though, shocked him.
            Running half way up the inside of her calf was Cassiopeia. The constellation of their fanbase, red stars marking the 5 points and black lettering in between them. Even though it was in English, Jaejoong could make out the writing. ‘Always Keep The Faith’ tattooed into the skin permanently.
            “Are you okay oppa?” Kayla asked, concern on her face. Jaejoong hadn’t realised he’d put his hand to his mouth in shock. He couldn’t speak. “Why are you crying?” All he could do was lurch forward and pull the girl into a tight hug, head resting on her shoulder and arms around her upper body.

            Yunho chose this moment to walk into the kitchen, having just arrived home and smelt the food cooking, he’d come straight into the kitchen and found his boyfriend with his arms wrapped around Kayla.

            “Hey, what’s wrong BooJae?” Yunho walked over looking at Kayla for an answer.

            “He saw the tattoo on my leg. You know my Cassiopeia one? And then just, hugged me.” She explained. Yunho ran a hand down Jaejoong’s back, causing him to look up and then swing around to attach himself to his boyfriend instead.

            “Yunnie, she has our motto, tattooed on her, permanently.” He said in between sobs. Yunho just smiled at the man attached to him and then looked at Kayla who was still in utter confusion.

            “Are you right in here for a second?” She nodded, Yunho walking himself and Jaejoong out of the room, returning a few seconds later. “Sorry about that. He’s just happy. It means a lot to him that someone would go through the pain of having our motto tattooed on themselves.” He explained smiling. “You can remember our shock when we first saw it in Japan.” Kayla chuckled.

            “Yeah, you guys just laughed though, being sort of drunk as you were. But will he be okay?”

            “Yeah, just give him a few minutes. He might be a little huggy too.” Kayla mumbled something, but Yunho didn’t hear anything apart from the word ‘back’.

            “Well this looks like it’s done, where are the bowls?”

 

 

            “God I miss your cooking Boo.” Yunho said walking up behind Jaejoong and slipping his hands around Jaejoong’s waist as he was cleaning the dishes from lunch, Kayla standing beside him, having offered to help clean up while the others got ready to go swimming. Yunho had already changed into a pair of white board shorts and was currently shirtless. Not that Kayla minded, at all.

            Jaejoong turned his head to the side, smiling sweetly into the kiss that Yunho gave him.

            “Stop practicing so much and I can come over more often to cook for you.” He pecked Yunho on the lips again. “Now let me go get changed, then we can go cool off in the pool.”

            “Sounds like a good plan to me. You guys done?”

            “Yup, that was the last bowl.” Kayla said placing said bowl on the drying rack on the sink to drain. “Go get ready oppa.”
            “Thanks Kayla-yah.” Jaejoong hugged the girl tightly, Yunho looking on smiling. Jaejoong was so cute when he found a fan he actually liked, especially when it was a girl. Jaejoong walked out of the kitchen to get changed into his swimmers.

            Kayla followed him out until the living room, finding Yoochun and Junsu back on the couch together, Junsu, wearing light purple board shorts, was straddling Yoochun, who was wearing green, with his head laying on Yoochun’s shoulder, Yoochun’s arms around him, both shirtless as well. Junsu’s head turned and their lips attached firmly.

            Cyril and Changmin were in a similar way on the other end of the couch, Cyril wearing red and Changmin, black. Yunho chuckled laying a hand on Kayla’s shoulder.

            “Told you you’d have to get used to it didn’t I?”

            “Hey, I don’t mind. I don’t mind at all.” She smirked. “I did spend the last few years in university you know.” Yunho smirked as well.

            “So we have a shipping fan-girl on our hands do we? Jaejoong will love you even more.” He smiled at said man when he walked out into the living room in green board shorts and twirled around, inked back and tiny waist on display when Yunho spun his finger to signal the spin laughing. Kayla laughed at the display as well, the sound causing the two couples on the couch to break their impromptu make-out sessions and look over.

            “You’re the only one not in swimmers now noona.” Cyril smiled, spinning round to sit on his boyfriend’s lap forwards.

            “Show us what you got Kayla-yah.” Yoochun laughed.

            “So I have all 5 members of DBSK waiting for me to strip in their living room. Who am I to say no?” Kayla made everyone in the room laugh. She didn’t mind pulling the light dress she was wearing over her head in front of 6 guys. University had had many, many much more embarrassing situations.

            She quickly pulled her hair into a long pony tail at the back of her head with the tie she kept on her wrist before reaching down to pull the light material up over her head, facing all the men in the room except for Yunho.

            The other 4 men were busy appreciating the red bikini on the girl. Top half tied around her neck, a silver circle in between the two triangles at the front. And the bottom half with ties sitting on both her hips.

            “Kayla, I don’t know what to say. It’s gorgeous.” Yunho said walking up behind her and running a hand down her back.

            “What’s gorgeous Yunnie?” Jaejoong looked at the man quizzically. What was causing his boyfriend to do that?

            “Turn around and show them.” Yunho said softly walking around from behind her, taking Jaejoong in his arms seeing the confused looks on everyone’s faces.

            “I only got it a few months ago. It still needs some finishing touches.” She turned around slowly, pulling her hair over her shoulder to reveal her back to the men.

            “Noona, you didn’t tell me you had another one.” Cyril looked on shocked.

            Yoochun, Junsu, Changmin and Jaejoong pulled their eyes to the skin on Kayla’s back. There were two angel wings, black, white and red, stretching from the top of her shoulder blades, all the way to the bottom of her back. There was text scrolling along the uppermost outline of the tops of the wings, but none of them could make it out without getting closer because it was in English. All but Cyril.

            “Noona, you didn’t. You said you had this in mind, but you actually did it.”

            “What are you talking about Cyril?” Jaejoong added in. Yoochun stretched his head forward and made out the words as well.      

            “Jae, look more closely at the words and tell me you don’t recognise them.” He said, Junsu standing up off his lap to get closer as well. Jaejoong moved forward, hand brushing lightly along the words.

            “I wanted something meaningful, and when I first saw this, it was perfect.” Kayla explained, shivering at the contact on her skin, even though she was still boiling hot from the muggy air in the room. Jaejoong’s eyes finally widened in recognition of the verse he had tattooed on his own shoulder blades and again stepped forward out of Yunho’s arms to hug the bikini clad girl.

            “You have no idea how much this means to me Kayla-yah.” He whispered into her hair, tightening his arms for a second before loosening them and turning her around to see the tears in his eyes. “I’ll talk to you about it later.” Kayla just smiled and pushed him towards Yunho.

            “So how about that swim?”
 

 


            The seven of them grabbed towels and a few other things before heading out the door to the elevator that would take them to the roof of the apartment building, not bothering to put shoes on, and the boys still without shirts. Security stopped anyone coming into the building that wasn’t either a tenant or been added to a list of people that had access to the building.

            The roof was a good place to relax. It was up high enough that people on the ground couldn’t see you, and had a nice decorative hedge of potted plants around the perimeter to keep out prying eyes from the surrounding buildings. The pool was off to one side of the roof, and what looked like a small sauna building off to the other. A Jacuzzi was fitted under a small sail cloth next to the building and a few deck chairs were set up next to the pool.

            “Well you guys are living it up! This is so cool!” Kayla said walking over to one of the deck chairs to put down her towel and pulling off the dress she’d put back on for the short walk up to the roof.

            “We don’t use it as often as we should. I think the thing that gets used most is the Jacuzzi when it’s colder.” Yunho followed her over to the chairs and put his and Jaejoong’s towels down on another, pulling a bottle of sunscreen out of a small bag of things he’d bought with him.

            “I can understand with you guys running around with schedules and going overseas a lot.”

            “We’re going to be busy soon too. We’re practicing for the new album now.” Changmin was already sitting on a deck chair, Cyril sitting in-between his legs having the older rub the white cream into his back for him.

            “And even if we’re not promoting, we’re all in a lot of dramas and musicals at the moment.” Jaejoong was getting the same treatment from Yunho, and Junsu, from Yoochun.

            “We’re going to be running back and forwards between here and Japan in a while with all these fan meets they have planned for us.” Junsu said leaning forwards to let Yoochun get his lower back, then taking the bottle that Yoochun had been using to give him the same treatment.

            “Well when you do, make sure you eat enough and get lots of sleep. I can remember when I was in my first year of university and you were all so worn out and tired, I was ready to jump on a plane to Korea and force feed you cake.” Everyone laughed.

            “And we would have loved you for it.” Yoochun said, still chuckling.
            “Well I’ll have to make you guys a cake sometime then.”

            “Noona, can I just say, I love you.” Changmin’s ears perked at the mention of food. Kayla laughed.

            “Does someone wanna get my back for me?” Jaejoong had just opened his mouth to say he would help, when suddenly Yunho was behind her with the bottle. Jaejoong and himself having already finished lathering on the white substance.

            “If I’d let Jae do this, he would have just sat here staring at your back all afternoon. But don’t tell him I said that.” Kayla blushed and chuckled as Yunho rubbed the cream into the inked skin of her back, Kayla taking over and rubbing down her arms and legs.

            “CANNONBALL!” Was all she heard before a wave of water hit her over the legs.

            “Yah! Minnie-ah! Don’t splash the water everywhere!”

            “But Jaejoong-hyung, it’s a pool. You’re going to get wet anyway.”

            “Doesn’t matter, just don’t splash water on the towels!”

            “Yeah yeah.” Kayla just laughed, laying down on a deck chair, propping herself up on her elbows to watch as all the men slipped into the pool.   

            “You’re not coming in Kayla?” Junsu called paddling over to the side of the pool and laying his chin on his folded arms along the edge of it.

            “I will in a little while, I wanna get a bit of colour on me. I’m so white ‘cause it’s winter at home.” She reclined on her elbows watching as the others swam around. Changmin starting a water fight that ended with him being pushed under the water by the five others, then swimming away before getting dunked under again by a very sneaky Jaejoong who had held his breath and swum over under the surface.

            “Come here Boo, jump up on my shoulders.” Yunho called from a little ways away in the water, and before she knew it, Kayla was watching the 3 couples have a play wrestling competition, one of each two on the other’s shoulders.

            “Is that the best you can do hyung?” Cyril reached out and tried to topple Junsu on Yoochun’s shoulders, only succeeding in nearly loosing his balance.

            “Oh, making a competition are we now?”

            “Of course we are Jae, what else would we be doing.” Junsu used some sort of foot signal to tell Yoochun to change directions suddenly, and then Cyril was off Changmin’s shoulders and in the water.

“Annnnnd you’re out!” Junsu yelled pointing at Cyril who was now standing next to Changmin pouting with his arms crossed.

“Annnnd, now you are too!” Yunho snuck up behind Yoochun in the water, and then Jaejoong pushed Junsu clean off Yoochun’s shoulders, throwing his hands up in victory while Yunho tried to do the same, ending with all of them dunked in the water and laughing at the hilarity of their competition.

“I formally declare the winners of today’s competition to be YunJae!” Kayla laughed watching on as the 5 members of the band continued to splash each other and try to dunk the others under water.

“You’re getting out dongsaeng-ah?” Kayla watched Cyril haul himself out of the pool, pushing up with his hands and then jumping his feet up to walk over and grab his towel and dry off a bit.

“Just got the same idea as you. Let DB5K have some time together while we get some colour and catch up.” He dragged a pool chair across the ground so it was sitting parallel to Kayla’s, draping his towel over the length of it and then laying down closing his eyes.  “So what’s been happening back in Australia? Anything interesting I should know about?”

“If you mean whether I’ve had a boyfriend or girlfriend since I last updated you, then no.” She laughed. “But other than that, the flash mob group is doing okay. A lot of the members are older now, so you can imagine that it’s getting harder and harder to organise things with people in their last years of high school and a whole heap of us in university now. Makes me feel a bit old to be honest. I mean I joined in my last year of high school.” Cyril just laughed.

“So no love interests? Nawww, noona, you’re boring!” She laughed.

“Well apart from the god like beings that you see mucking around like children in the pool right now, no one’s caught my eye in a long time.”

“Don’t let Minnie hear you say that, he has a big enough ego as it is thankyou noona.”

“Hahaha, well maybe I should inflate it even more for you, then you won’t get him to shut up about all the muscle he’s put on lately.”

“Please don’t!” He groaned. “Although I am showing him how much I love it.” Cyril smirked.

“Nope, don’t wanna know dongsaeng. Too much information for your noona right there. Unless it’s about the other two couples, then, please, go on.” They both laughed, knowing she was just playing around.

“Are you actually going to get in here Kayla-yah?” Yunho called from the middle of the pool.

“Yeah, just give me a sec! And when I do, I want a go against the Soul Mates!”

Yunho laughed.

“Guess that’s my queue to take this one off your hands for a while huh?” Changmin was suddenly towering over the deck chairs, blocking the sun.

“Go for it Minnie-ah.” Kayla leaned across and pecked Cyril on the cheek, whispering. “And I want details later.” He just nodded, Kayla noticing the weird look on Changmin’s face. It was akin to a scowl, but not quite as mad.

“Hurry up! I want to officiate this round and see if the all mighty JaeChun can be beaten by a girl!” Junsu piped in in his usual playful mood.

“Yah! I said I was coming!” She turned to Cyril. “I’ll see you guys after.” She jumped up, heading over to the side of the pool and was about to sit down on the edge to slip in slowly when a large wall of water hit her, soaking her before she’d even set foot in the pool. All she could do was stand there in shock.

“That’s what you get for being slow around here.” Jaejoong stood there, a pleased look on his face. “Especially when it comes to shoulder wresting matches. We’ve never had a girl around to try to beat before, so this should be interesting.”

“Oh that’s it, you are doing down!” Kayla jumped into the pool, noticing Cyril and Changmin slip inside to go back to the apartment as she did. “So it’s me and Yunho oppa verses JaeChun? This’ll be fun. Whoa!” She made a surprised sound when she felt Yunho’s hands land on her waist and then hoist her up onto his shoulders while he ducked down in the water a bit to make it easier. “I take that as a yes then.” Yunho just laughed.

“How about we make this a bit more interesting hmm?” Junsu watched as Yoochun pulled Jaejoong onto his shoulders as well, Jaejoong steadying himself with hands on Yoochun’s head softly. “How about looser has to do what ever the winner wants for the rest of the day?”

“Sounds good to me!” Kayla was in the same position as Jaejoong, steadying herself being up so high on Yunho’s shoulders.

“And me!” Jaejoong agreed as well.

“Well then go!” Junsu yelled, jumping back to allow the two teams to get at each other.

All went well for a few minutes, neither team really giving, but when a sharp movement from Jaejoong’s arm caught Kayla on side of the head lightly, causing her glasses to fall off into the water, she toppled off Yunho’s shoulders making a large splash before she rose to the surface.

“JaeChun wins.” Junsu said simply, grinning like an idiot.

“Okay, okay, but only cause I can now not see a thing past 10cm in front of my face. Where did my glasses end up by the way?” Kayla looked at the blurry men in front of her, Jaejoong ducking under the water for a few moments having gotten off Yoochun’s shoulders, and returning with the aforementioned object.

He walked over, reaching up to place the glasses on her face, smiling like an idiot as he did so.

“Now you have to do what I say for the rest of the day.”

“Yeah, but at least now I’ll be able to see what I’m doing while I am.” Kayla laughed, being startled again when Yunho ducked down to let her off his shoulders finally.

“You better watch out Kayla-yah, he might make you do the laundry!” Yoochun joked, Junsu joining in.

“Or clean the apartment.”

            Kayla groaned. “I hate cleaning!!” Everyone laughed.

            “Well I think that’s enough sun for one day.” Yunho announced in a very leader-ly like tone. “Me and Minnie have practice again early in the morning, and we should probably have an early night. Are you staying the night guys?” He aimed the question at the 3 members that made up JYJ.

            “We’ll go,” Yoochun said. “I have lines to go through for this drama I’m going to be in soon, and Su-ah has practice tomorrow as well.”

            “Not to mention that the spare room is currently taken.” Junsu laughed at the wince Kayla gave out at that. “Don’t worry Kayla. It’s nice having someone else around who isn’t work related. And it’ll do Yunho and Minnie-ah the world of good to have a girl around that isn’t going to jump them the first chance she gets.” He added on laughing.

            “Well I’ll see you guys tomorrow then, I’m going to stay.” Jaejoong waded over through the water to place a sweet kiss on Yunho’s lips.

            “When do you ever not stay after a visit Jae?” Junsu laughed. “Just don’t keep him up to late. He has practice remember!”

            “Don’t worry, I’ll make sure the don’t stay up to all hours of the morning.” Kayla said smiling at the cute display of affection between the two.

            “Well we’ll get going then. It was nice meeting you face to face finally Kayla-yah. You’re as amazing as we’d hoped you’d be.”

            “Like Chunnie said, it was fun!” Junsu added on to his boyfriend’s sentence.

            “Seriously guys, the pleasure was mine, as cliché as that sounds. And I’m sure I’ll be seeing more of you before I finish up my visit here.”

            “I’m sure. Just don’t terrorize HoMin too much. Well, maybe just a little bit, for me.” Yoochun smirked and Kayla laughed.
            “Okay, well I guess we’ll see you round.” All six of them pulled themselves out of the water and dried off, Yoochun and Junsu going ahead to grab their clothes from the apartment and then head home while Kayla, Jaejoong and Yunho gathered up their towels as well as the bottles of sunscreen they’d bought with them.

 

 

            Changmin and Cyril were no where to be seen when the three got back to the apartment, Yoochun and Junsu having passed them in the hallway, stopping for hugs to say goodbye again.

            “They’re probably already in their room. And I wouldn’t go near the door for a while if I was you Kayla-yah. If you catch my drift.” Yunho raised an eyebrow while the girl laughed.

            “Message received. Cyril said that Minnie can be a bit possessive sometimes, and I don’t mind. They’re both happy, and that’s a big thing.”

            “You’re right. Changmin has never been as happy as when Cyril’s been living here.” Jaejoong sat down on the couch, towelling his hair dry and having changed into a pair of dry shorts and a tank top.

            “He’s done the maknae a world of good.” Yunho had also changed, not bothering with a shirt again, and sat down next to his boyfriend leaning back on the couch.

            “Well if he’s happy, then I am too. He used to make me worry being his noona.” The two laughed.

            “Same thing with Minnie and us.” Yunho yawned.  

            “Did you want dinner angel?” Jaejoong leant across to peck Yunho on the cheek, laying down on his chest and closing his eyes.

            “I’ll just order take out or something.” Yunho opened his eyes and winked at Kayla, who was watching on amused.

            “Oh no you won’t. As long as I’m in the apartment, there will be no ordering of sub-standard food from lousy take away places.” Jaejoong jumped up crossing his arms, Yunho laughing at the cuteness of his pout. “I’m cooking and that’s final.”

            “That would be amazing boo.” Yunho pulled him in with arms around his waist and then leant up to kiss him on the lips fully.

            “If you wanted me to cook, you should have just asked me Angel.” Jaejoong laughed, returning the kiss before pulling away to walk into the kitchen. “Anything in particular?” He called over his shoulder.

            “Not really. Just something delicious.” Yunho called back, relaxing back into the couch again. “I’m so lucky to have him, I swear.”

            “You two are adorable together.” Kayla said, still standing in her swimmers. “I’m gonna go change, otherwise I might end up freezing. The days may be hot here, but the nights are still chilly!”

            “I’ll call you when dinner’s done if you’re not already out by then.” Yunho offered.

            “Thanks oppa.”

 

 

            “You have to teach me how to cook oppa!” Kayla pushed her plate away, laying hands on her stomach. “That was one of the best meals I’ve had in my life!”

            “Well you’re welcome over at my apartment any time you’d like.” Jaejoong laughed at the contented expression on the girls face.

            “Really? Thankyou!”

            “Sure. You’re part of the family, of course you are.”

            “Amazing as always Joongie-ah.” Yunho also pushed the plate that had held a simple meal of rice, meat and eggs away from himself at the table.  Jaejoong smiled and then stood up, clearing the plates from the table and placing two extra plates into the microwave for the other two occupants of the apartment when they appeared later that night, if they did at all. “I should probably head off to bed though. Pretty sure we have to be up at 5 in the morning.” Yunho sighed, mentally cursing another morning rising at the crack of dawn for schedules. “Are you coming now too boo?”

            “I’ll be in in a little while angel. I have a few things to organise for tomorrow.”

            “Okay, don’t be too late.” Yunho pressed a kiss to Jaejoong’s lips, giving a slight wave at Kayla as he left the kitchen to go to bed.

            “What do you have to organise for tomorrow oppa?”
            “Just getting things organised for fan meets in the next couple of months and the such. We’re running around all over the world. Not to mention Susu has his solo tour coming up and Yoochun’s been in like, 5 dramas in the past year.”

            “Sounds like you’re going to be tired a lot.” Jaejoong sighed and nodded.

            “Probably. But it comes with the job.”

            “Anything I can do to help?”

            “Not really. Are you heading off to bed now too?” Jaejoong stood up from the table, fishing his phone out of his pocket as he did.

            “Not just yet. I’ll stay up and keep you company for a while.” Kayla stood up as well, Jaejoong smiling and leading them into the living room.

            “Thanks. I’ll just be a couple of minutes out on the balcony.”

            “Smoking?”

            “Yeah.” Another sigh came from the man. “I know people don’t like us doing it, and I know Yunnie only does when he’s really stressed out, but I’m getting there in trying to quit. You don’t mind do you?”

            “I’ll come out with you then. You shouldn’t be smoking alone.” Kayla followed the older out onto the balcony. It was only small, but was also edged in smaller, but still tall, versions of the same pot plants that were on the roof, hiding them from prying eyes, and making it easy to hide whoever was out there.

            Jaejoong pulled out a cigarette box and a lighter, popping the end in his mouth and lighting the other end with a hand cupped around to ward off any breeze that might threaten to blow out the orange flame.

            “Don’t worry, they’re not strong at all.” He said blowing out a puff of smoke.

            “I really don’t mind. I had a big group of friends at uni who smoked so I got used to it. Not to mention I had the odd one as well.”

            “Did you want one?” Jaejoong offered the box in an outstretched hand.

            “Nah, I’m good. It’s pretty much only when I’m drunk. And even then, only socially.” He put the box back in his shorts pocket.

            “There’s an idea. Before Yunnie and Min start promoting again, and before me, Su and Chunnie start country hopping, why don’t we have a night in and have some drinks?”

            “Sounds like a good idea.” Kayla laughed.
            “What’s funny?”

            “Just the fact that I’m going to get to see my favourite Korean band at least partially drunk.” She continued laughing.

            “Oh your favourite band huh? Is that right?” Jae smirked, resting his cigarette on the edge of the ash tray momentarily before stretching out both hands to poke the girl standing with him in the sides, making her squeak and laugh even more.

            “Stop it! You’ll wake up Yunho oppa!” She kept giggling as Jaejoong tickled her sides even more, heaving in air when he stopped, laughing himself, and picked up the abandoned cigarette again. “But yes, you already knew that oppa.” She added after catching her breath.

            “I know.” He stubbed out the end of the cylinder he was smoking and then motioned inside. “It’s starting to cool down. And look, you’re getting goosebumps.” He pointed to Kayla’s arms, which were exposed in the tank top she’d thrown on over her bikini top after swimming, having been to lazy to get changed fully.

            “The weather here is crazy. One minute it’s boiling hot, and then the next I’m getting cold.”

            “It’s a bit like that. You’ll get used to it though. I’m starting to get a bit cool too.”

            “But you’re always cold, or at least that’s what Cyril tells me.”

            “True, but give me a heater and I’m fine.”

            “Then we’re the same.” Kayla smiled. “I hate the cold. Even if it’s boiling here, it’s better than living in 3 degree weather back home.” Jaejoong sat on the couch, Kayla sitting down next to him. “You said earlier that you wanted to talk to me about my tattoo?” She changed the subject hoping to get an explanation out of the man. She’d been wondering all day what he’d wanted to say to her.

            “Yeah. Sorry I got emotional. It’s just, what on earth possessed you to get those tattoos? I could understand the one on your leg, I’ve seen a few fans with similar ones. But the passage on your back? I never thought anyone would want to get that.”

            “I’d been tossing up getting it for a while. But the message has always been relevant to me, and when I saw it after having it done, I didn’t regret it one bit.” Jaejoong still looked confused as to why she had had it done, but seemed to accept the explanation.

            “Do you mind if I take a closer look at it?” He asked. “If that’s all right with you that is.” He added quickly.

            “Of course it’s all right. I knew there must have been a reason I was lazy and didn’t get changed fully.” She turned sideways on the couch, pulling the back of the tank top she was wearing up over her head revealing the wings, the only thing blocking them the tie of the swimmers top.

            “It’s gorgeous work. Where did you get it done?”

            “In Sydney. There’s a tattoo place that has this Korean guy working there who does amazing work. A friend recommended him to me after getting something done himself.”

            “Well I can say he does amazing work. I have enough of them to give an opinion.” Jaejoong chuckled, placing a hand on Kayla’s back and running finger tips over the skin. “I can see where it needs a few touches.”

            “Yeah, the shading needs a bit of fleshing out and darkening in a few places.”

            “Well I could take you to my tattoo artist if you want to get it finished while you’re here.”

            “Depends on how long I stay. I don’t have a job at home, so I’m not having to rush back because I have to work.” Jaejoong was still running fingers over the lines of the tattoo.

            “You can always come work at the café with Cyril while you’re here if you want. There isn’t enough multi-lingual employees at the moment. And I’m sure the customers would love you.”

            “Are you serious?” Kayla spun around, eyes open in shock, pulling her shirt back down over her head, having dislodged the man’s hands from the movement.

            “Yeah. You need a job, I own a café, why not? And I could trust you up on the VIP level, and you’d be working with Cyril as well.”

            “Thankyou so much!” Kayla launched herself at Jaejoong, hugging the man around the waist while laughing.

            “You’re welcome!” Kayla went to move backwards, but Jaejoong stopped her, pulling her back into the hug. “Don’t you dare move now. You’re exuding body heat like a hot water bottle and I’m cold.” He pouted, making Kayla giggle.

            “Okay, just don’t let Yunho see. I don’t want a jealous boyfriend on my tail for getting too close.” Jaejoong laughed.

            “Don’t worry, he won’t be.” Kayla yawned, leaning into Jaejoong’s chest.

            “I’m just going to close my eyes. You don’t need to move do you?”

            “Go ahead, you look tired. I just have to make a few phone calls, and I have my mobile on me, so I don’t have to go anywhere. And you’re staying there until I warm up.”

            “Okay.” Kayla yawned again, closing her eyes, head sliding into the crook of the man’s neck. She was about to move back to her previous position, but Jaejoong’s arm, or at least the one not pre-occupied with using his mobile, came up and gently pushed her head back down, not seeming to mind the close contact. “Well you’re more touchy feely with girls that the fans know about aren’t you?” She mumbled into Jaejoong’s neck.

            “Only with the gorgeous ones.” He answered, putting his phone up to his ear and proceeding to start talking in rapid fire Korean, cutting off any chance Kayla had of answering, so she just closed her eyes again and listened.