CHAPTER 8

NOTHING CHANGES [(100% KPOP FAN FICTION)]

Jonghwan's POV

I went to our practice room and took my guitar with me. I sat down on the corner and tried to compose something but I failed.

"You okay?"

I didn't bother looking who is it because I know it's Rockhyun hyung. I saw him sat in front of the piano and started playing.

"Yeah," I simply answered.

"You sure?"

"Ani. Hyung, remember when Minah first got here. You're the one who saw her, right? Kunde, I was the first one who walked to her. I saw her bleeding and you fixed it. When I saw her, I felt happy. I don't know why but I know I want to take care of her. When she woke up, the first one she saw was me, she cried in my arms and fell asleep. I prepared food for her and she thanked me for that. She even hugged me but, I was hurt when she said I'm taking care of her as a big brother. I'm happy that she appreciates my effort but as a big brother? I was hurt," I said and just listened to what Rockhyun hyung is playing.

"Why are you thinking that way? Do you want her to appreciate you, more than a big brother? Like a boyfriend? Do you like her?" he asked.

"Molla, I know it's too fast but I'm not sure also. But there's one thing I know, I want to take care of her and I will never leave her side. There's something very special about her. I know it's selfish but I hope her memory stays like that so she won't leave us," I said.

"Doesn't that mean you like her? Also, you just left her," he added.

"I still have to figure it out. Maybe, a week? Or months? I don't know. I left her because I know you were there. At least, I know someone is taking care of her when I'm not by her side. Speaking of that, how is she?" I asked. It took Rockhyun hyung a few minutes to answer so I just waited.

"She's almost crying when I left her," he simply said.

"What?! Then, why did you left her?!" I ran immediately and stopped at the front of my room's door and knocked.

"Minah? It's Jonghwan oppa," I said.

"Oppa! Don't come in," she said and I heard her voice cracked. I ignored what she said and came in.

"Oppa! I told you don't come in," she said. I saw her covering herself with the blanket. I walked up to her and sat on the side of the bed.

"Give me a reason why should I not come in. This is oppa's room," I said.

"You're gonna see my ugly face," she said, still covered with the blanket. I pulled the blanket but she is holding it tight.

"Arasseo, I won't pull the blanket anymore," I lied and walked silently to the other side. I slowly pulled up the blanket and good thing she is facing the other way. I whispered to her ear.

"I already saw that face, remember? I already saw you cry," I said and she turned around to face me. Our faces are just a few inches away and I noticed her eyes.

"Oppa, you're so near," she said.

I moved away and sat down properly.

"So, are you gonna tell oppa why you're crying?" I asked.

"Because Jonghwan oppa left me here," she said.

"Aish! Jinja! I just went somewhere," I said.

"I'm just kidding oppa. I'm just thinking if I have a family. If they're looking for me. Are they worried that I'm gone?" she said and her tears are starting to fall again. I wiped it away with my thumb.

"Uljima. If Minah is crying, oppa will cry too. Do you want to see oppa cry?" I said and she nodded.

"Ya! You want to see oppa cry?" I said and did a fake cry. I saw her smiled.

"Oppa, you're not crying! If you cry, you will be ugly," she said and laughed.

"Your oppa still looks good even if he is crying," I joked.

"Gomawo, oppa," she said and smiled at me.

"Do you want to find your family? What are you gonna do if you find them? Are you gonna leave oppa? Can you just not find them? Oppa will take care of you," I said.

"Can oppa take care of me forever? I'm not a baby anymore. I think I'm old enough," she said. That made me wonder, how old is she?

"I can take care of you. I'm strong!" I said showing my muscles and she just laughed.

"Oppa, tell me honestly, how old do you think I am?" she asked me. I looked at her carefully.

"Eighteen? Kunde, you act like a ten year old," I said and laughed.

"Aish! Jinja oppa!" she said.

We continued talking about random things. This is the first time I ever felt so happy. I didn't get bored while talking to her. I can talk to her everyday.

"Oppa, do you have extra towels and clothes? I want to take a shower and change," she asked.

I looked for an extra towel in my closet and extra clothes that she can wear.

"Do you like an orange towel or a pink one?" I said when I found two towels.

"Pink! I don't like the other one," she said. I took some of my sweatshirts and some shorts and jogging pants. I don't know if those will fit her but maybe some of them will.

She took a shower and I just waited for her in the room. I decided to do some push-ups when different things occupied by mind. I heard the bathroom door opened and I hurriedly sat on the bed.

"Waah! It doesn't look bad. I mean, it.. Aish! It looks good!" I said and scratched my head.

"Gomawo, oppa! I think I can use these for now," she said and smiled at me.

"How's your head?" I asked.

"I think it's much better now, oppa. It doesn't hurt anymore. Look," she said and came up to me.

"I think it's healing now, but you know how to make it heal faster?" I said while taking a look on her head.

"What did you say, oppa?"

I leaned in and kissed her head.

"Ya! Oppa! If my head starts to hurt again, I'm gonna blame you," she joked.

"Ya! I'm not doing that to everybody. That's expensive," I said and we both laughed.

"Arasseo, where are you gonna sleep, oppa? You told me earlier that this is your room. I can just sleep on the sofa," she asked.

"Ani, I don't want you to sleep anywhere. Rockhyun hyung and I already talked about this and I was the one who offered my room so you're staying here. So, sleep well, okay?" I told her and left so she can sleep and rest.

Rockhyun's POV

I stayed in our practice room and continued playing the piano. Jonghwan is right, why did I left Minah? When I know she's going to cry? That's right. I panicked. I don't know what to do. I'm not like Jonghwan. He does his best to settle the situation.

"Hyung?" I heard somebody called. I stopped playing and found Jonghwan looking at me.

"Since when did you came here? I didn't notice you came in," I said.

"Since you started playing a new song. I don't want to bother you because it seems like you're thinking something deep. And the song, did you just compose it now? It doesn't seem familiar," he said.

"Ani, I'm just playing randomly," I said.

"Hyung, look, I'm sorry about earlier. I kind of raised my voice towards you. I'm just worried about Minah. I thought--,"

"It's okay. I know that you're just thinking about Minah," I simply said. I understand what he is feeling so it's okay.

"Gomawo, hyung. If it's not too much, I want to ask you a favor," he said. I just looked at him and nodded.

"If Minah is going to stay here with us, can we not talk about her past? I know I'm selfish but I just don't want to see her cry again. Let's just make her happy," he said.

"But what if she wants to know more about her past?" I asked.

"That's why we are going to keep it to her. We don't know anything about her too so it's simple. I know that we will find out something about her soon. Someone will look for her. We might see it on the internet, or the news. If that time comes, let's just keep it from her, hyung," he explained.

"Why do you want to do this?"

"Remember what I said earlier hyung? There is just something special about her. I don't want to see her suffer. I want her to stay with us. Just tell the others. They listen to you," he said.

"Okay, I will do what you said. This is the first time I saw you like this, Jonghwan. I know that you are sincere."

"Thank you for understanding, hyung. Also, one more thing, can you promise me that if I'm not there for Minah, you will take care of her instead? I know I can trust you with her," he said.

"Arasseo, you're asking too much, Jo Jonghwan," I said and we both laughed.

"Gomapta hyung. Jeongmal gomapta. Kunde, there's one last thing," he said while scratching his head.

"Okay. One last thing, like you said," I said and sighed.

"You know about the cooking thing. Minah thought that I cooked the food for her but you really did. I'm really sorry for that, hyung. Kunde, can you keep cooking for her? She seems to love it."

"And?"

"And since she thought that I was cooking for her,"

"You wanted to continue pretending that it's you who does the cooking and not me?" I asked.

"I wasn't gonna say it that way, hyung."

"I'll do it," I said. It doesn't really matter to me. I want my dongsaengs to know that they can count on me.

"Jinja hyung? Thank you very much!" he said excitedly. I tapped his shoulders and left him in the practice room. I called it a day and slept.

Topaz's POV

"Waaaah! This is really pretty, oppa!" I said while I'm looking at the clothes.

"Well, you've been here for a week and I don't think I have more spare clothes to lend you. So, I decided to buy you some," Jonghwan oppa said.

"Thank you oppa! I'm going to use them well since you gave it to me," I said and hugged him. He ruffled my hair and smiled.

"Kunde, can I still use your clothes?" I asked.

"Wae? I bought you new ones."

"I still want to use them because it fits me. Also, these clothes are owned by my handsome Jonghwan oppa, so I want to wear them," I said.

"Aish! Jinja! Arasseo, you got me on handsome," he said and laughed.

"I was just joking, oppa!" I said and he grabbed my cheeks and pinched it.

"Let go, oppa! My face will get ugly! I will look like you!"

"Tell me I'm handsome and I'll let go of it," he said and I'm trying my best to reach his face but I couldn't.

"Shiro! Merong!"

We fell on the bed and he was on top of me and still holding my cheeks.

"Tell oppa he's handsome."

"Jo Jonghwan oppa is handsome kunde Rockhyun oppa is more handsome," I said to and pushed him away.

"Ya! Hyung is more handsome than me?" he said and I just laughed at him.

I saw Rockhyun oppa came in holding a bunch of paper bags.

"Rockhyun oppa!" I called and smiled at him.

"I bought some clothes for you too. There's some lotion and make-ups too if you want to use them. I don't really know what things does a girl need so I just asked the saleslady," he said and handed me the bags. I stood up to hug him but he moved back. Oh, right. I'm used to hugging people because of Jonghwan oppa. He said that it's a way to make people feel that you appreciate them. I like to hug them because I think that I can express my feelings easily whenever I'm happy or sad.

"Mian. I have to do something. I just wanted to drop those," he said and left.

"Who's more handsome now?" Jonghwan oppa said and helped me fix my things.

*America*
Joy's POV

"It's been a week now! The people you sent looked everywhere. Possible places she could go too, nearby cities, but they still can't find her! We should tell the media now, Auntie!" I told them. We don't have any other choices now. Ryan has been looking for her too but he can't find her.

"Joy, we can't do that! Maybe she's just somewhere near! We're going to find her," Uncle Mark said.

"Until when?! We should find her in other places too! In other countries! Use your money! Make a reward! It would be easier and somewhat helpful if you let the people know. Everyone knows your family."

"Mark, I think Joy has a point. It would be a total chaos if we let people know but it would be a huge help at the same time. I know not many people outside America knows us but we should at least try. Spread it to the whole world! Then, we will give a reward. Maybe, a million dollar or fifty, or a hundred. This is our only chance to find our daughter," Auntie Olivia said and convinced her husband.

"Okay. I will call the press immediately to set up an interview today. Get some of Topaz's photos during her birthday. We will release those photos," Uncle Mark said.

Just wait for us, Topaz. We will find you. I know we will.

-------

Published: September 2015 (IN WATTPAD)

READ. SHARE. FOLLOW FOR FOLLOW. COMMENT. VOTE. :)