CHAPTER 5

NOTHING CHANGES [(100% KPOP FAN FICTION)]

Topaz's POV

Saeng-il chukha hamnida, saeng-il chukha hamnida

I opened my eyes and saw Joy in my room holding a small cake.

"Ya! Who told you to bother the sleeping princess?" I said and sat up.

"Since it's your birthday, I will let that off for now. Come on, blow the candle. Make a wish too," she excitedly said.

I wish that my family and my love ones will always stay healthy and be more successful. I blew the candles and hugged Joy.

"What's your wish?" she asked.

"If I tell you, it won't come true," I said and dipped my hand on the frosting and put it on Joy's face.

"You want a fight, huh?"

We ran all over my room with frostings all over our faces. We stopped when we heard my phone ring.

"Hello?"

"Topaz! Happy Birthday, my dear," Mrs. Stewart said on the other line.

"Thank you Miss. You're coming later, right?

"Of course, dear. How could I miss your birthday! I'll see you later."

"Okay, Miss. Thank you again. Bye," I said and hung up.

We took pictures first before we washed our faces. I grabbed my MacBook and opened my Facebook account. Many people have already greeted me, both from people I know and I do not know. After I checked the greetings, I put my MacBook away and lay down. I checked my phone and found a video message from someone.

"Hi Topaz. Happy Birthday. I hope you liked that necklace that I gave you and I hope you will wear it later at your birthday party. Send me pictures of the party, okay? I want to see how beautiful you are. I know this is not the best present ever, but I want to make it special."

I don't know why Ryan is doing this. I'm confused. I kept on watching the video. He grabbed a guitar and started to sing a song.

'Cause all of me loves all of you

Love your curves and all your edges

All your perfect imperfections

The song continued as I watch the video.

"Happy Birthday, Topaz. I love you and I've always loved you."

"I knew that guy is up to something," Joy said.

"I did not expect that coming. I have to go talk to Rokhyun," I said. I logged out all of my accounts in my phone and put it in my pocket.

"You mean the bear, right?" Joy asked and I just nodded.

I grabbed the teddy bear and went out to the veranda.

"Oppa, eotteokhae? It's my birthday today and I received a lot of surprises. I can't believe Ryan just said that. If I say that I like someone, I bet he would have the same reaction as Mrs. Stewart and Joy. They will all say that I am liking someone that is impossible to reach," I said while holding my teddy bear's hand.

This whole day is very busy. Everyone is preparing for the party tonight. The stylist that my mom said showed up in the afternoon. They took care of us including my mom. The preparation was indeed elegant. It's just thirty minutes before the party and I am really excited.

"Oh my princess is very beautiful. But, there's one thing missing," my Dad said and reached for my hand, putting a bracelet in my wrist.

"It's beautiful Dad. It looks just like the necklace. I love it."

"I'm glad you love it. Come on, let's go downstairs. Some of your visitors might arrive early," my Dad said.

We went downstairs and I felt like I'm in a palace. How did they manage to make all these in one day? I went to the kitchen and looked at what they cooked. I found a huge chocolate fountain and different kinds of desserts.

The party started and many guests arrived. My dad introduced me to different people and relatives that I do not know. We are all enjoying the party and danced to different songs. I hope this night will never end. I'm very happy that my family is complete. There's nothing better than this. Time passed by and the party ended really fast. This happens when I'm enjoying. We said our farewells to the guest and thanked them for coming. I received a lot of expensive gifts from rich families.

"Dad, Mom. Thank you for all of this. I enjoyed the party very much," I said and hugged them.

"Anything for our daughter."

"Good night mom and dad. I know you're tired too. I love you," I said and kissed them.

Joy and I went to my room afterwards and we removed our makeups and took a shower. We changed into our pajamas and since Joy is sleeping here today. I put the pillows and blankets on the floor.

"Oh! Before I forgot, I have something for you. Wait here, okay?" Joy said.

Here's the waiting game again. I sat on the floor and waited for Joy. She came back with a pink paper bag in her hand.

"Here. My present for my best friend," she said and handed me the paper bag.

I opened it and found seven cute shirts with hangeul written on it.

"Wow! This is so cute! This is for my bears, right?"

"Yup. I don't know if that will fit. I just took a picture of the huge one and since the rest are the has same sizes, it's not that hard."

I grabbed the huge teddy bear and changed its shirt to the one Joy gave me. The shirt is imprinted with the name 록현 (Rokhyun) on it.

"Wow! It's perfect! Thank you very much Joy. This is so cute. Can I ask you a favor?" I asked.

"I already know what it is. Give me your phone," she said.

I sat beside the teddy bear and clung onto its hand. I posed as Joy took a few pictures. Then, I gathered five of my teddy bears which are Rokhyun, Jonghwan, Hyukjin, Chanyong, and Changbum oppa. Joy took a few more pictures and we're done.

"I'm getting jealous of that bear now, Topaz!" she pouted.

"No need to be jealous. You're my number one best friend!"

"Oh! I remember something! It's your turn to wait now," I said and went downstairs to find something to drink. I grabbed two wine glasses for the two of us and a bottle of drink. I went back to my room and showed Joy what I've got.

"Is that wine? We can't drink that," Joy said as soon as she saw the bottle.

"It's not wine. The bottle looks just like a wine bottle but it's not. It's actually cider. My mom said earlier that we can drink these because it has no alcohol content," I said and put it in the table.

"Are we going to drink it here inside? Let's go to the veranda," Joy suggested.

I transferred our drinks to the table in the veranda.

"I'll just go to the bathroom," Joy said.

"Okay."

Joy's POV

I went to the bathroom to wash my face again and to do some business. When I went out, I went straight to the veranda and found nothing. Where's Topaz? I waited for a few minutes, but she is not coming. I started to get worried so I started calling her name.

"Topaz! Topaz! Where are you?" I  checked the whole room and she is just nowhere to be found.

I tried calling her phone and I heard a ring inside the closet. I walked in front of the closet and as I was about to open it, Topaz surprised me.

"Hey! Don't scare me like that. I thought you were gone. I can't find you anywhere," I said.

"I was just trying to surprise you."

"Don't do that again. I'm scared to death," I said frankly.

"You're overreacting again," she said and I stared at her.

"Arasseo, I won't do it again. Wait, did you tell your mom that you will sleep here tonight?" she said.

"Shoot. I'll be back." I forgot to tell my mom that I'll be sleeping in Topaz's room.

Topaz's POV

I decided to wait for Joy in the veranda. I took my phone out and changed my lock screen. I used the picture that Joy took a few minutes ago. The one with me and the five bears. I decided to put a password. After a few seconds of thinking, I decided to use Rokhyun oppa's birthday. It would be easier for me to remember it because of the picture. I changed my home screen wallpaper too. I used the picture with just me and Rokhyun oppa. I think it's more of a clue. I put my phone back in my pocket. I looked up at the sky and found many stars. I found a shooting star passed by really fast. Then, it was followed by many more. Meteor shower? I closed my eyes and decided to make a wish.

It would be silly if I wish for this but I wish I can see and spend time with 100% for a long time.

I know that it will not come true, but that's what wishes are for. Some of them can come true, but most of them can't come true.

I tried to pick up the wine glass, but I suddenly felt dizzy and ended up falling on the floor. The glasses broke and shattered pieces of glass are on the floor. My head hit the floor and everything was black.

--------

Published: September 2015 (IN WATTPAD)

READ. SHARE. FOLLOW FOR FOLLOW. COMMENT. VOTE. :)