CHAPTER 4

NOTHING CHANGES [(100% KPOP FAN FICTION)]

Joy's POV

"Topaz! Topaz! Ya!" I said while waving my hand in front of her face. She seems to notice it.

"What?"

"Are you okay? You are just standing there and looking out of nowhere. And why are you standing in front of the black dresses? Are you still depressed about your dad's decision?" I asked with concern. Well, I just thought that she is depressed or somehow sad because she is standing in front of the black dresses. Her dad didn't let us go to Korea for her birthday. He said that it's best if we will just celebrate her birthday here.

"What? No, I understand Dad's decision. I know that he is just thinking of our safety. Remember what he said? He'll let us go at the right time," Topaz said and walked to look at the other dresses.

"Have you picked anything yet?" I asked.

"Nope. But I'm thinking of getting a pink or red dress. How about you? Are you not getting any dress?" she answered and looked through the racks again.

"I'll pass for today. I still have dresses so I don't need to buy a new one."

"Who said so? Come on. I'll buy it for you. Don't dare to complain. My birthday's coming so I want you to look your best too." she said.

I really love Topaz. She never treated me like a nobody. Whenever she gets new clothes, she'll get me too. When they travel to different places, she never forgets to bring something back for me. She's always there for me and I'm always there for her too. I will never leave her alone and I know she will not leave me alone too.

Topaz called the sales lady and asked for the best pink and purple dresses. We tried on three dresses that we like the most and we ended up buying all of them.

"Don't you think this is too much?" I asked.

"I don't think so. This is few compared to what we're buying when we're with mom," she said and chuckled.

"Oh, I forgot something! You go get something to eat for us. Just text me where it is. I'll be back," I said and ran to the elevator before Topaz can even say a word. I'm going to fetch the gift that I ordered for her. I can't wait till she sees my present. I'm sure that she will like it.

Topaz's POV

Look at that girl, leaving me alone. I went to other stores first before getting something to eat. I went to our favorite place to get desserts. I ordered cookies & cream milkshake and fries for the side. I just love dipping the fries in the milkshake. I grabbed my phone and posted a picture on Instagram. I texted Joy and told her where I am.

To: Joy

I'm here at our favorite place for desserts. What dessert do you want? I'll order for you.

I waited for her reply, but there was nothing.

"Aish jinja," I mumbled and accidentally dropped my phone on the floor. I bent down to grab my phone, but I saw another hand grabbed it.

"Here, miss."

"Thank you," I said without looking.

"Hi Topaz. Long time no see."

I looked up to see who it is. Oh please. Tell me your kidding. What a coincidence.

"Mind if I sit with you? And also, can we talk for a while?"

"Actually, I'm waiting for Joy. It won't be pretty if she sees you here," I explained.

"Don't you want company while waiting for her?"

I sighed and just let him hang out with me for a while. It seems like Joy has been taking forever.

"So, how are you now? Did you transfer to another school? I didn't get the chance to talk to you. Topaz, I'm really sor--"

"It's fine. I'm fine. If you're still thinking about what happened, please don't. Let's not bring that up, okay? It's been two years. Are we just gonna talk about that forever?" I said and smiled. I knew this would happen.

I was shocked when he grabbed my hand and said sorry multiple times. This is not like him, at all. I tried to pull my hand, but he just won't stop.

"Topaz! What is that guy doing here?" I heard Joy said.

I pulled my hand from his grip and talked to Joy.

"Joy. Calm down. Let's not make this a big issue and let's not make a scene here. I might get in trouble. Please," I explained.

"Are you kidding me? That bastard broke your heart, my best friend's heart. Did you forget what Ryan did to you? How can you forgive so easily? You are just too kind Topaz," Joy said.

"I don't know too Joy. But I just can't hold grudges. I just can't be angry because I know that everything happens for a reason. So I just accept everything. Please, let's just all calm down. For my birthday?" I said and hopefully she will listen.

"Okay, fine. I'm doing this for you and I won't promise that I will forgive that guy," Joy said.

"Thank you."

We ordered a few more desserts and ate as we talk.

"So, what brought you here Ryan?" I asked.

"Actually, I saw your Instagram post and I saw the milkshake that you are holding in the photo. I remembered that we used to go here a lot before. I was surprised when I found out that you're still going here and ordering the same drink that we used to order. So, I thought that maybe this is the time that I should talk to you," Ryan said.

I felt awkward and just took a sip of my milkshake and avoiding eye contact.

"You're still the same Topaz. You're still biting the straw," he said and laughed.

I just shrugged my shoulders and chuckled.

"For your information, Topaz is going here, not because of you or anything about you. She's going here because this is our usual hangout place and we love the desserts here. And Topaz, why did you post a photo on Instagram? If you didn't post that then this guy wouldn't be here," Joy said. I know that she is really pissed off now.

Actually, what Ryan said is true. We used to hang out here before. But like Joy said, I'm not going here because of him.

"I was bored while I'm waiting for you. I didn't know that he'll see it and come here," I said.
I looked at Ryan and he seems shocked because of what I've said.

"Sorry. I didn't mean it the wrong way," I said with an apologetic smile.

"Don't say sorry to him Topaz. He deserves it," Joy said. I glared at her and she doesn't seem to care.

"It's okay, Topaz. I just came here to talk to you like I said and to give you this," he said and handed out a long pink box to me.

"What's this for? I can't accept these, you know," I said.

"I bought it for you, so please accept it. It's a present for your birthday. I hope you'll stay the same. Again, I'm really sorry. I know it has been years since that incident but I didn't get the chance to talk to you because I was always pushed away by your body guards. I'll be leaving now because I said what I have to say. Take care of yourself. Happy birthday," Ryan said and stood up to leave.

"Wait!" I ran up to him and hugged him. He is shocked, but he turned to face me and hugged me back.

"Thank you, Ryan. Take care of yourself too." I said and went back to Joy.

"Did you just hug him? Or is it just my imagination?" Joy said.

"Stop overreacting, Joy. It's not like we'll be together again. I just want to make it clear and now, everything is fine. Wait, where did you go? Did you get something?" I said to change the topic.

"Okay, since your birthday is coming, I'll let you off for now. And, I just got a few things from a store," Joy said.

"Can I see it?" I said.

"Nope. Not now," she said and laughed.

As soon as we finished eating, I called our driver to pick us up. The drive home was very loud. We are playing different Korean songs. I won't be surprised if my driver knows a few of them.

We arrived at our house and unpacked the things we bought. We're in the middle of trying the dresses that we bought when someone knocked.

"Come in!" I said and I saw it was my mom.

"Oh dear! You look so beautiful, but we want you to wear these," she called the maid and I saw her holding a big pink box.

I immediately opened it and it was an elegant pink dress. I went to the bathroom and tried it on.

"Mom, I love it! I love the sparkles," I said and hugged my mom.

"And this one is for Joy," and the maid brought another box.

Joy tried on the dress that my mother gave her and she hugged my mom too.

"Thank you, Auntie," Joy said.

"Oh! Before I forgot, I hired for a few stylists and they will be in charge of your hair and make-up. You two get some beauty sleep in this whole week, okay?" my mom said.

"Thanks for everything, mom. I love you," I said sincerely.

"Oh! Your dad said he wants to talk to you. He said he'll just come here in your room."

"Okay, mom. I'll just wait for him."

When my mom left my room, I grabbed my bag and looked for the box that Ryan gave me earlier.

"Looking for this?" Joy said. I saw her holding the pink box.

"Ya! Give it back! That's for me," I said and tried to get it from her.

"Oops, not yet until you answer my question."

"What do you want?"

"What was that about earlier?" she said waiting for an answer.

"What?" I said innocently.

"The hug?" she said, pushing it forward.

"What about it?"

"Do you want to get these back or not?"

"What? It's just a hug," I said and lay down on my bed and closed my eyes.

"A hug with your ex-boyfriend who broke your heart and the reason why we are homeschooling now," Joy said.

"Look, I know you're still affected by what happened. I saw that he changed and he is sincere. I know you care about me, but trust me, I won't let that happen again. You don't need to worry. Also, someone already took my heart," I told her and grabbed my teddy bear.

"Yeah, right. I know you're talking about Rokhyun. I don't know how can you hold into a person that is impossible to reach, but I'm pretty sure he's better than your ex-boyfriend," she said and handed me the box.

"Thanks Joy."

"Just don't get hurt again, okay? It breaks my heart too," she said and hugged me.

"So, shall we see what's inside?" she said.

I opened the box carefully and found a necklace with an orange stone.

"Wow! It's my birthstone! It's very beautiful. Put it on me," I said excitedly.

Just then, I heard a knock and saw my dad.

"Dad. Come in," I called out and he walked in.

"Can we talk Topaz? In private?" Dad said.

I looked at Joy and she knows that she needs to leave for now. He greeted my dad and I told her to come back later.

"What is it, Dad?" I asked.

He walked to the veranda of my room and I followed him there.

"Where did you go earlier?"

"I went to the mall with Joy. We bought some stuffs for my birthday," I said.

"Is it just the two of you?"

"Yes, Dad."

"Are you sure? Where did that necklace came from?"

"Are you still sending someone to watch over me?" I snapped.

"Topaz, what are you doing with that guy? I thought we were clear with this," he said.

"Dad, listen to me. I don't know what you saw or anything, but it's just a friendly talk. Trust me, Dad. My birthday is coming. Don't let this thing ruin everything. This is just a present. If you want, I can just return this necklace to him," I said. How many times do I have to explain this to everyone? It's nothing. I feel nothing for him anymore.

"No, Topaz. I saw how much you liked it. You're right. I'm just worried. We are all worried," he said and hugged me.

"Thanks, Dad."

----------

Published: September 2015 (IN WATTPAD)

READ. SHARE. FOLLOW FOR FOLLOW. COMMENT. VOTE. :)