02; invisible

Moonlight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It had been only a few days since Chanwoo had met Yunhyeong. He wasn't sure why he kept crossing his mind, maybe it was that pretty smile that looked like it could save lifes; maybe it were his eyes that exuded such gentleness that his entire body felt warm just by the thought of it.  

 

However, Chanwoo had just bowed and said his goodbye before leaving after introducing himself. It was better to not get involved with people with the state he was in, if Yunhyeong knew about it, he'd probably have the same look like other people. It kind of made his heart ache.  

 

"It's good that you're here already", a voice suddenly interrupted his thoughts. His new boss arrived with the stacks of newspaper that he had to hand out. Luckily he had not known that he was sleeping there the whole night, maybe he could stay here for the next few days. 

 

His boss piled up a bunch of newspapers on the little cart that was attached to his bicycle and all Chanwoo could think of were his human needs that were literally screaming for anything that he could eat. The last meal he had was over 24 hours ago and his stomach had been grumbling ever since. This was going to be a long day, Chanwoo sighed to himself as spotted the amount of material that was now loaded and ready to be delivered. 

 

"You're gonna start right on the block over there, alright? Just keep going until there's nothing left", he was about to leave when his boss disappeared into the car yet again and came back with a little water bottle. He gave him an encouraging smile while handing him the small container that determined about Chanwoo's well being and the little days he could go by like this-- they didn't seem as little in that one moment. He could be alive; he had to.  

 

It was around 7 pm when Chanwoo found himself in a familiar street, it was the last block before he could be finally finished and he already had a bad feeling to start with. I should have just skipped this one--  

 

"Hey", it was dark but Chanwoo recognized the face that came in sight just a few seconds after. The blood rushed through his veins and out of reflex he just started to run; he didn't know where to go, just away from the person who had been following him for quite some time. He wasn't sure when it had started but for all he knew; it didn't mean anything good.  

 

"Hey, hey not so fast little brat. You never listen to us do you? Haven't we beaten you up enough last time?", a chuckle was heard in the distance before another man appeared and blocked the way. Chanwoo wanted to take a different direction; however, it was already too late. A bunch of guys crowded around him. He even recognized a few of their faces and it didn't help the fear that stretched itself in every corner of his existence. His heart was racing endlessly in his chest; his throat tight as he was trying to catch his breath. He was gonna die, he knew it, this time he was definitely going to die.  

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter