08; almost there...

Moonlight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

14 missed call, 54 text messages and a dark sky that was hovering over Yunhyeong were not enough to make him give up. It was already past midnight and Yunhyeong had probably looked at every possible corner, asked in several stores if anyone had seen a young handsome boy, brown hair and brown eyes with a grey scarf around his neck. A bit shy and who didn't talk much, small chubby cheeks but big in height and although that description could have been anyone in this town, no one seemed to have seen anyone like that. 

 

Yunhyeong wasn't sure what to do anymore, where he should go and look for. His phone was vibrating in his pocket again, probably Jinhwan who would kill him if he caught him into those tiny hands which you should never underestimate. Somehow, this reminded him of the day Yunhyeong ran away from home in high school. Back then it was Jinhwan who found him on that abandoned playground which wasn't even that far from home. He didn't know how and he had never really asked.  

 

Yunhyeong wasn't running away from home this time. However, he wouldn't go home until he found someone who was definitely missing at this place called home.  

 

He was tired; exhausted from all the walking he had done all day. Though the thing he was tired of the most were his feelings, pricking into his heart like a sharp razor blade. His eyes remained dry, whereas his heart was bleeding.

 

He wouldn't go home until he found Chanwoo. And that was something he promised himself.

 

Now it were 15 missed calls and 60 text messages. Jinhwan was still awake. Guilt ate him up as he hesitated for a moment but ended up dialing Jinhwan's number anyway.

 

"Yunhyeong, I swear to god I was about to call the police, where the hell are you?! I was worried about you, you ing idiot! You could have let me know that you're still alive at least! I can't believe--"

 

"Hyung... I'm sorry." It was the only thing that he could respond to that and somehow Yunhyeong felt such gratitude towards his Hyung in that moment. He was always there and he cared. Even if he was upset, he knew it was just an act because at the end of the day Jinhwan was always there to comfort him no matter what it was.

 

"Yunhyeong-ah... please come home. I need to tell you something important."

 

"I won't come home until I find Chanwoo. Even if that'll take me days; even weeks. I need to--"

 

"I know where Chanwoo is! He is fine, I'm serious Yunhyeong." For a second, Yunhyeong thought he knew that Jinhwan was just lying to him so he would come home. Yet, the latter would never pull such a big lie on him.

 

"Hyung, where is he?" 

 

Silence was heard on the other line. It were just a few seconds but it felt like eternity of torture and Yunhyeong couldn't take it anymore. Why was no one telling him where Chanwoo was?  

 

"Hyung--" 

 

"I promised I wouldn't say anything." 

 

"I won't come home until you tell me where he is... I can't believe you're doing this to me..." His mind was a mess, the salty liquid of sorrow finally leaving his eyes and Yunhyeong had to kneel down because it was just to much for him to take. "Hyung… Please…," He was heavily sobbing and didn't expect another word from his phone when Jinhwan tried to calm him.  

 

"He's with Hanbin."

 

-

 

Yunhyeong found out. I'm sorry.  

 

Hanbin gaped at his phone, reading the message over and over again. He was an idiot for telling Jinhwan in the first place but he didn't even regret it. He just wanted them to stop worrying so much

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter