07; promise

Moonlight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I like you, Hyung. A lot.

 

Those words hit Yunhyeong like a bucket of bricks and lied heavy on his heart. Usually, hearing those words would make you happy right? But as Yunhyeong continued reading, his entire world seemed to turn into a complete mess just in a matter of seconds.

 

I'm really sorry for hurting you or making you uncomfortable.

 

Yunhyeong's heart was breaking bit by bit. If all he did was making Yunhyeong happy and he was a fool to realize that now. Now where Chanwoo was gone, he realized that he really, really wanted to keep Chanwoo by his side. Forever.

 

I'll miss you, Hyung.

 

Don't try to look for me.

 

The words turned into a blur as the tears gathered in the corner of his eyes. The last few words were so tough to read, so hard to comprehend. All he knew was that his world was slowly falling apart. He needed to--

 

"Hyung, we need... to find him," his own voice sound so foreign in his ears. It was raspy and thick, full of sorrow he had never felt before. "We need to look for him, now."

 

"Yunhyeong-ah, where do you wanna start looking? He could be anywhere right now..." Jinhwan sighed heavily as he caught the painful expression on the younger's face and wished he could do anything to make it go away. Although, he was so skeptical in the beginning about keeping Chanwoo, he'd be lying if he said he didn't feel the same way Yunhyeong did right now.  But Jinhwan was being realistic in this moment and all he could do was comfort Yunhyeong.

 

"No... Hyung I'll find him! It was—m-my fault, so I need to..." Two pairs of arms found their way around Yunhyeong's body which seemed so much smaller than himself right now.

 

"No one's blaming you," Jinhwan patted the younger's back and gave him a small smile, in hope it could give him comfort, even if it was just a little. "You're gonna calm down first, alright? We can look for him later."

 

Yunhyeong responded with a small nod and it was enough for him to know that he wouldn't do anything stupid all by himself. They would find Chanwoo, he belonged here, to Yunhyeong and him too. They definitely would.

 

-

 

And there he was again, all by himself on the streets, feeling hungry and lonely by himself. The only thing that kept Chanwoo going was the scent of Yunhyeong's on the scarf that was tightly wrapped around his neck and he felt it fading the farer he got. He was still in town and it hadn't been too long since he started to make his way to a train station.

 

He knew if he kept being here, sooner or later those thugs would find him again. They wanted something from him, they wanted him to be gone and Chanwoo had no idea why. He just knew it was unsafe outside, so without any other thought but Yunhyeong in his head, his feet brought him nearer to his destination.

 

Who knew that he would bump into someone familiar on his way?

 

"Chanwoo?" Chanwoo felt a tap on the shoulder which made him flinch a little. He turned around to see Hanbin and for some reason there was just a little bit of disappointment sinking in the pit of his stomach... it wasn't like Yunhyeong would look for him, not with the way he thought of him now.

 

"Thank god! Jinhwan has been texting me since this morning! They're dead worried about you, what are you--"

 

"Please... Don't tell them where I am." Chanwoo's throat felt thick when he heard about them. They're worried, did that mean Yunhyeong was worried about him, too?

 

"Hey, what's wrong?" Chanwoo just couldn't help the tears that were finally dripping down his face. He had held them back this whole time but when he saw Hanbin and heard about them, he just couldn't take it anymore. Jinhwan and Yunhyeong meant so much to him now, however it didn't last this long, it never did. Feeling lonely just seemed so much harder now because his thoughts were filled with them, with Yunhyeong.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter