01; a new day ☽

Moonlight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sky. 

 

It was dark today, Chanwoo noticed, little dots of light glimmering on the dark ceiling. They were spinning above his head and he wanted them to stop, just for a second, just so he could look at the beauty that was spreading out from above. Stars. And there, it was the moon in its magnificent saturation. An unbearable amount of relief washed over him, he was thankful that he was there on this chilly night, the moon was his only friend, the moon was always there for him. 

 

Maybe that was the reason he just couldn't move. Too fascinated by something that he couldn't reach anyway,  if my arms were just long enough, he thought to himself. He wanted to reach out but they were not listening to his wishes. When was his body listening anyway? A throbbing pain shot threw his head and it was the last to make everything turn into an empty blur, leaving him in the darkness again. A darkness without the moon.  

 

Tap tap tap. 

 

Chanwoo woke up to the soft sound of the rain, sprinkling on the empty streets with its value. It was a shame that there was no one to feel the same thing Chanwoo was feeling right now. The connection with his skin left a little smile on his face. It was a sign. 

 

A sign that he was still alive after all.  

 

He finally got up, his entire body feeling sore and bits of pain lingering in every corner of his existence. It was just a sign, Chanwoo tried to convince himself, a sign that he was still alive. He was hungry and cold as he wrapped his hands around his body. One more time, he looked up too meet the beds of air that were heavily crying. He took a deep breath and finally stood up. A new day, it was a new day after all.  

 

It hasn’t been the first time Chanwoo had slept on the streets. After not being able to pay the rent, it was his only option; well it wasn't the only one but it was much better than being in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter