03; hug

Moonlight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It had been hours since Chanwoo had last woken up and Yunhyeong felt his chest getting more heavy as the time passed by. He watched the young boy sleeping peacefully, it was an illusion completely opposite of what had actually happened; he almost fell for it himself. But as soon as he took a closer look, Yunhyeong noticed the sweat pearls forming on his forehead. His face was pale and thin (except for the bruises that covered at least half of his face), his body shaking a bit once in a while as he squirmed in his sleep, whimpering softly before his breathing turned steady again. 

 

Yunhyeong's heart was aching, he wanted to protect this person; ever since he first saw him sleeping on that little bench in the park he took his usual night walks at. In the beginning he had thought that he was some old homeless guy, however when he appeared to be there on the next day, at day light, Yunhyeong was surprised to see this young boy all by himself. He was a little chubbier back then, his eyes didn't look as tired and the fear wasn't imprinted on his entire face that he had noticed in the supermarket for the first time.  

 

Chanwoo was a good person, he knew that for some reason and he wanted to protect him. 

 

"Yunhyeong-ah, you should really take a rest. He's not gonna wake up any time soon", Jinhwan, his roommate peeked through the door with concern written over his face. He only sighed in response as he took one last look at Chanwoo's face, before going into the living room; leaving his door half open in case he needed something.  

 

Jinhwan kept glancing at him with that horrible look in his eyes. If you were a stranger he probably looked calm but Yunhyeong knew there was so much more behind it; they were literally screaming I'm patient but you gotta explain this situation in the next 10 seconds (or I'll throw all of your lipbalms in the trash) and all the younger could do was sigh and hope that he would at least give him a few more minutes to prepare himself. He really didn't want to talk about it; how could he possibly convince him about keeping Chanwoo when he barely knew something about him himself? 

 

"We need to talk", "Hyung, please", he definitely wasn't ready for this conversation, not before he could talk to Chanwoo about it. "I'm not saying that we should throw him out the apartment. I'm just wondering—no, i noticed how you've been looking at him. It doesn't seem like he's just some stranger to you."  

 

A heavy silence expanded itself in the room. Yunhyeong kept taking a deep breath to start, but ended up shutting his mouth again. He couldn't explain it to himself, then how could he explain it to his roommate, let alone sound convincing at the same time.  

 

"I don't know, really", he inhaled a good amount of air before facing his roommate, "I saw him a few times before. You know, i told you about the supermarket guy? That's Chanwoo. And i feel like i've seen him somewhere else, maybe it's just my imagination but i feel like he's a good guy... It's just this feeling."  

 

Thankfully, Jinhwan didn't say anything after that. Although Yunhyeong knew that wasn't the end of the conversation yet, he was thankful when he left him to himself after wishing him a good night. How did he expect him to sleep now? One last time, Yunhyeong thought to himself, one last time he would check on Chanwoo.  

 

What he didn't expect was Chanwoo sitting on the bed, eyes open that were looking around the room. He kept blinking as he seemed to be very confused. "Hey", Yunhyeong said quietly before entering his room, a little smile forming on his face as he took in the state he was in. His eyes didn't look as tired anymore, they looked somewhat alive. "How do you feel?", Chanwoo spotted the elder as he furrowed his eyebrows, again closing his eyes just to open them again. Yunhyeong was still there.  

 

"Yunhyeong?", his voice came out more hoarse than he had thought it would. His body was aching still but all he could wonder was why he was in a beautifully decorated and clean room with a person standing in front of him who he had met at the supermarket once. The person who had crossed his mind so many times; he had wished for to secretly meet again. "Yes, it's me. I know you're probably confused as to why you're here but—you're hungry right? How about you eat something and then we talk?", the idea seemed more than appealing to Chanwoo and without another word, he stood up—well, at least he tried to do so. Yunhyeong reacted right away and supported the younger from the side, ignoring the tingly warm feeling he felt with the connection of his skin.  

 

"It's okay Yunhyeong, I will sit here", "Hyung." "Huh?", Chanwoo asked confused as he took a seat on the chair in front of the table, "I think I'm older than you. Just call me Hyung", Yunhyeong chuckled before he went into the kitchen to prepare a meal for him. "How old are you, Hyung?", it felt a bit strange to say it out loud because not once in his life he had called anyone like that. It felt like he was a bit closer to him now, it felt like he had a friend. "I'm 21." 

 

Chanwoo wasn't really surprised, Yunhyeong did look a little more mature than him and the way he looked so confident and cared. He had a young but warm aura an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter