Befuddled

Falling Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I. "Hayoung ..."

Hayoung tilted her head in confusion as the two girls sauntered their way to the nearest school bench that they could find. The other girl found herself looking down and embarrassed at the thought of her actions, trying to act aggressive and cold earlier.


I shouldn't have acted that way. People tend to look at me like that, like I'm some cold and aggressive person. Maybe. I didn't care about them, but not Hayoung. I have to say something.


"Hayoung. I am so sorry for what I did, I didn't mean to push you away like that. Did your hand hurt? Or perhaps your arm? Or did I hit you accidentally somewhere?" She uttered. Her friend couldn't help but giggle at her for being adorable. She's finally come to her senses, she replied, and asked if she could tell her whatever happened and bothered her. The less taller lass heaved a sigh and looked at her friend. "I think my mom jinxed me today. It's been a terrible day."

Her friend's eyes immediately widen at hearing what she said. "Your mom? S-she came home? What'd she say?" She asked consecutively. Namjoo giggled a bit and shook her head, telling her what happened this morning. That she only got a memo from her, and that she hasn't seen her in months, still. Her voice was lowering down as she progress on her story. She wasn't at all trying to pretend to be cheerful, Hayoung noticed. The latter immediately gave her a hug and apologized for not asking sooner, she would've known there was something wrong about her the moment she was acting unlikely that morning. The other hugged her back and smiled.

"I'm really sorry. I'll look after you next time very well." Her friend said with a small sniff as she was seemingly trying hard not to cry. Namjoo laughed, on the other hand, and flicked lightly on her head. She told her she doesn't need to, and that she really just had a bad day. "I'm still older than you, so I should be the one looking after you." She added.




II. The next day, Hayoung sent a message to Namjoo asking if she was already awake, and if she wanted to come to school together. She was up early and replied to her, telling her friend not to worry too much and that she was alright. When she came out of the door, to her surprise, the tall lady was at the patio waving her hand with a smile across her face. She greeted good morning and so did Namjoo.

"You shouldn't have troubled yourself coming here, your house is like a mile away." She sighed softly as she approached Hayoung. The latter giggled and clinged onto her arm, telling her that it was fine either way since her house was close to school and that she really wanted to do so anyway. The other shrugged, and they walked to the premises together.

Namjoo didn't talk, and Hayoung assumed she was still in a bad mood. She gave a tough pinch on her cheeks. "Where's Namjoo and what did you to do her? Snap out of it!" She exclaimed, almost shouting out loud. Namjoo froze in shock but she immediately responded with an apology and a small chuckle. Her friend pursed her lips as she clinged back on her arm and asked if she was feeling better.

"Much. Thank you, Hayoung."

She still wasn't convinced. She was worried it wasn't just her mom that was bothering her. All of a sudden, Hayoung uttered with a grin on her face. "Look, it's Sanghyuk."

Namjoo's eyes widened and her head shifted from left to right, looking as if she was eye-ing on wherever the guy was. She immediately heard her friend's laugh and hissed. "Ya, why would you do that? You're so mean." The latter wondered if what happened at the library yesterday was still bothering her, but Namjoo hesitantly answered with a no. She snickered once again, getting a gut-feeling that she's lying. "Liar, liar. Skirts on fire." She laughed.

Namjoo nudged on her and shook her head a few times. She mentioned that she just doesn't want to see him after what happened yesterday. It was her fault after all, for being clumsy that is. She also felt iffy about the fact that of all people, it was Sanghyuk who was there to help. Bad luck, she assumed. Hayoung had a grin on her face all the way and she doesn't even know why, even her friend got pissed off and asked why she was grinning too much. "I don't know, it just feels kind of amazing that after a few months, there's still going on between you and Sanghyuk."

"That doesn't even make sense!" Namjoo exclaimed as they arrived the school. Jaehwan, at the entrance, figured they'd be together and waited for them along with a bright smile.



As soon as they entered the school, Jaehwan apologized for prying about what happened. He mentioned that Hayoung told him why she w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter