six

Eyes on Me

"I'm leaving first," I say while packing up my things once our last class end.

Woohyun leans back on his chair, "What's the rush?"

"My shooting starts in 30 minutes."

"Oh," he mutters before pouting at me. "Sorry, I can't give you a lift today." I wave a dismissive hand, "Someone offered to drive me there anyway." 

"Really? Who? Howon?"

"No," I drawl, smiling smugly. "Howon has a group discussion after school." He frowns, "Then, who?"

"It's for me to know and you to find out," I winked before stepping out of the class. "See you tomorrow!" 

I quickly join the crowd of students rushing to exit the building. Everyone's eager to take their leave, as always. As I step nearer to the parking lot, I find myself walking even slower than earlier. 

Why in the world did he offer to send me there in the first place?

Why did I agree to it anyway?

I stood there, frozen, with all kinds of thoughts. It took a hard shove from someone to make me snap back to reality not long after that, making me realize I was still standing dumbly there for the past few seconds. The person quickly mutters an apology, offering me a sheepish grin before jogging past me towards his group of friends.

But that person wasn't any type of person; it was Yeo Jingoo. The school's heart throb and head of drama club, the Yeo Jingoo. He sweeps girls off their feet merely with his husky voice and flirtatious wink. 

I let out a dreamy sigh as I watch him leave the school's compound. 

"What's with the sigh?" Minho's sudden appearance startled me thus leaving me stuttering. "N-nothing." He lifted his eyebrow at me before striding casually towards his car. The boy later pauses from opening the car door when he realizes I still haven't move. 

"Areum?" 

"Oh- yeah, coming." I quickly join him in the car as Minho throws a bunch of papers and his bag to the back seat. 

"What's that?" I took a double look at the papers. He threw a look to the back, engine roaring to life in the background. "Oh, that. Just some reports I have to check." He then asks for the location of my workplace before punching the address into the GPS.

"Oh, it's not that far from here," he mutters and I nod silently.

"You must be busy with all the reports and homeworks and stuff," I blurt out, glancing again at the papers. The car slowly exits the school compound and the driver shrugs. "It's nothing much, really." 

"Then, why did you offer to drive me when you have other important things to do?"

Minho presses his lips into a firm line, looking nervous all of a sudden. His fingers start to tap itself on the steering wheel in a random manner before coming to a stop.  

He clears his throat, "I was wondering if I could watch your photoshoot." 

"What?" 

It was the most unbelievable thing I ever heard. 

"Did I hear it right? What did you say just now?" 

"I asked you whether I could watch your photoshoot."

I blinked and turned to him, "You're kidding me right?" 

"No, I'm serious. I'd like to watch how the cameras work on set," he explains as he sends a glance my way. I raise my eyebrow, doubting his statement earlier. "Are you even listening to yourself? Why would someone like you want to watch it anyway?" 

"Because I want to." That seemed to shut me up; temporarily. 

"Why?" 

"Can't a boy do what he likes?" Minho shot back, sounding mildly irritated.

I feel the working machines in my head suddenly halt. "You like cameras? Photography and all that?" Minho slowly nods, his face growing red. 

"Does this mean you're taking an advantage of me?" 

"Yah," he glances at me, eyes wide open. "Don't put it like that. It- it sounds wrong. I'm just using my chance wisely."

I scoff before ending up chuckling at his words. "Fine, whatever you say."

"We're here," the boy announces suddenly, the all too familiar building coming into view. He effortlessly pulls the car into a parking lot and turns off the engine.

I finally sigh, "I don't know how big is your love towards cameras but watching people work with it doesn't sound that much fun to me. Don't say I didn't warn you."

"Alright," he grins. 

The studio was unusually calm and not bustling with activity the moment I stepped into the place. Everyone is sitting around and talking among themselves in a relaxing manner. Happy to see familiar faces, I go around to greet everyone with Minho trailing behind before going deeper into the studio to search for my manager.

The said man sighed loudly in relief when I showed up, "Thank goodness you're here-"

His voice was abruptly cut off by a booming voice from a room across us. It clearly belongs to the director of the studio and he doesn't sound all too happy. 

"That was Director Kim, wasn't it?" 

My manager nods, "We have a small problem actually. But don't worry, Heechul's handling it." His eye then flickers to a certain someone behind me, "Oh, who's this?"

"This is my friend, Minho. He's here to look around," Minho quickly greets the older man and the latter returns it ethusiastically. "Donghae, Areum's manager. Just tell me if you need anything."

The door across us suddenly flew open and Director Kim marched out of the room. Donghae immediately pushes me towards the preparation room, "You should go and get ready first. Bring Minho with you." 

"Donghae, Areum," Director Kim calls out before I could leave. He steps closer to us, looking solemn. "I'm sorry, we have to cancel today's photoshoot. I couldn't find a substitute for the male model." He huffs with obvious annoyance, "They should've told us earlier he couldn't make it. Is it that hard to inform-" 

"Heechul," Donghae cuts him off but the director shushes him instead. 

"Who are you?" 

"Me?" Minho points at himself.

The older man rolls his eyes, "No, the wall behind you."

"I'm Choi Minho, Areum's friend," the tall boy introduces himself.

After a few seconds of scrutinizing Minho, the director finally nods to himself. "Any experience on modelling?" 

Minho glances at me before answering, "No." 

Donghae frowns as if knowing what's going on in Director Kim's head. 

The director clears his throat, "I'm Kim Heechul, the director here. I'd like to hire you for a day." He then motions to his room, "Let's talk more in there?"

"Director, I'm sorry but I'm here just to look around," my friend explained but the said director looked like he would care less. "Come on, let's go," Director Kim grabs Minho by the shoulder towards his room. "We'll just talk." Minho glances at me again before nodding curtly. The two disappeared into the room seconds after. 

"Come on, the photoshoot's on," Donghae announces happily.

"He's going to make him say yes, isn't he?" I state worriedly and my manager chuckles. "Has anyone ever said no to Heechul?" 

My suspicion was confirmed when Minho showed up at the set, all dressed up.

I cross my arms as I watch Minho walk towards me, greeting some staffs on his way. 

"What?" He voices out when I keep on staring at him. "Is something wrong with me?" 

"Yes, why did you accept the offer?" I said, pretending to be mad.

"I thought..I could help," Minho looks down at our matching denim outfit unsurely. "Are you uncomfortable with this?" I shrug, "The director chose you. I don't get to choose who I work with anyway." 

"You couldn't say no, right?" I added in a whisper, smirking. I burst out laughing at Minho's shocked expression. "He was going to kneel if I didn't agree!" 

"Okay, we're starting!" 

"Anyway, since we're friends, the work will be easier. Let's just do it comfortably and have fun," I shot a smile at him. 

"Alright," he grins, ruffling my hair. 

 


 

WOOHOOO so I'm on semester break and shinee made a comeback they're cutiepies as always asdfghjkl 

have you seen how minho made a fried chicken with his flaming charisma stare lol