one

Eyes on Me

I close the car's door, still regretting leaving my cosy bed this morning.

"Curse school," I thought darkly. 

Quickly shrugging the thought off, I waved to my family's driver as the car drove past me and went straight into the school building. I groan inwardly, senior year is surely killing me. It's a good thing that graduation is on its way and I'll be kissing goodbye to high school soon.

"Areum!"

Before I could turn around, the owner of the voice pulls me into a headlock. "Yah, where were you yesterday? How could you disappear in the middle of class like that?" I stick my tongue out, "Not telling you. It's not like you don't know." "Don't make me," his hands flew to my sides before I could get away.

I start screaming right then, perks of being ticklish.

"Okay, okay, I'll tell you! Just stop it!" Woohyun instantly stops and proudly grins - that stupid grin of his - before bursting into a fit of helpless giggles. He wipes on an imaginary tear, "You never fail to make me laugh, do you know that?" I shot a glare at him and he giggled again. "I'm flattered." I left him there and walked towards my locker.

"Aw, princess. Don't be mad," Woohyun catches up, grinning. "You don't look pretty when you're mad." "I always look pretty, mad or not, for your information." He scoffs at my statement as I open my locker, taking out the books for today's lessons.

"Says who?"

"Me, duh."

I sigh as I close the locker, giving Woohyun the side eye. "I wonder why am I still friends with you."

As if on cue, the bell rings and I quickly ruffle Woohyun's hair before running away. That will surely tick him off. 

"Race you!"

The moment I turned to the front, I hit something, hard. Due to the impact, my body flew forwards in midair and fell on the floor with a loud thud, dragging whatever or whoever it is along. 

Ouch.

Well, at least the floor is not that hard, isn't it?

"Ow, that hurts."

A sudden groaning voice from what seems like from below me told myself that I, in fact did not land on the floor. Obviously.

"How come someone skinny like you can hit me so hard?" Why does it sounds like some kind of a pickup line somehow? I laugh dryly in my head.

Woohyun came bustling to our side, "Yo, Minho, you okay?" My bestfriend pulls me up, stiffling his laugh and I send a death stare his way to shut him up. I quickly gather my things as Woohyun helps Minho up in a swift move. "Yeah, I'm fine," the male replied, smoothing his blazer down.

"Are you okay, Areum? Did you get hurt or something?" I blinked, obviously caught off guard at his question. "N-no, I'm fine too," I sputter out, feeling my face burning up in embarrassment.

Minho throws me a smile, "I guess this is why the principal said not to run in the hallway?"

Woohyun snorts. He just had to.

I glance at his name tag; Prefect Choi Minho. Obviously only a prefect like him would ask something like that.

"Maybe? Look, I'm extremely sorry, it won't happen again." I smile back at him before grabbing Woohyun's arm, "We'll be going first then. Have a nice day!"

Woohyun chuckles once we're far enough from the prefect. "You're funny, you know that?" 

"Shut up."

 

 

"Kang Areum?"

My eyes shot open, "Y-yes, sir?" Woohyun snorts silently at the fact I got caught sleeping in class.

"May I know where did you go during my class yesterday?" Uh-oh.

I gulped nervously before clearing my throat, "I was not feeling well yesterday, so I went to the infirmary to rest." Mr Lee gave me a wary look and finally nodded.

I gave him a weak smile and he turned back to the class, asking everyone to open their textbook. I groan inwardly as I half heartedly open mine.

"You know, he's going to check with the nurse for sure after this," Woohyun stated in a low voice, glancing at me.

"I'll deal with that later. Thanks for reminding."

"Did your work place called?" I hummed. "Don't they know that you have school? It's not like you're a full time worker." He throws me a disapproving look. "I still don't get why you want to work when your parents have loads of money."

I shrug, "I signed a contract with that brand so I couldn't back out. But yesterday was really fun though."

"My model partner is godly handsome, he's beyond perfection," I squeal and instantly receive a kick on the shin from Woohyun. He grits his teeth, "Keep it down, will you? Are you trying to kill us both?" I rolled my eyes. "But it's a shame Jongin is younger than me, he's really my type though," I stated dreamily. Woohyun gave me the not-this-again look.

"Why must it have to be a younger guy every single time?"

"Because fate hates you, obviously," he rolls his eyes.

"Jerk."

 

"Kang Areum, Nam Woohyun, are you listening or not?!"

 

 

"What now?"

I stare at the red slip , "We got caught talking in class." 

Howon and Jiyoung bursts out laughing, clutching their stomachs.

"It doesn't make sense, don't you think so? Who gives detention for that?" Woohyun whines. "And I have a date after school today! I can't cancel that- yah, aren't you two done yet?" 

As the two laughed on, I watched Woohyun took his bread, tore it into half before stuffing or rather shoving it into their mouth. I chuckled, that always worked with them. 

"Stop cackling like idiots. We have a major problem here," Woohyun shot a glare at them before glancing at his girlfriend of three months at the corner of the cafeteria. He starts rambling about his date - "It's our second date for god's sake, I can't miss this!" - and Howon and Jiyoung join in after spitting out the bread while I poke on my food. 

Howon pops some fries in his mouth, "Do you have work today, Areum?" "Yeah," I puffed my cheeks.

"But, you have detention," Jiyoung chirps in. 

"Thank you for reminding. I'll just have to ditch it then."

"You mean, we," Woohyun corrects me. "I can't cancel my date like this."

Howon gulps down his banana milk in one go and slams the carton on the table, "Okay, I have a plan." 

After school ended, I and Woohyun walked into detention with exceptionally bright faces.

"Did something good happened today?" Mrs Woo, the teacher in charge, ponders out loud as we take our seats in the middle row. We are the only ones in the room along with a guy by the window and another three in the back row. "Not really, Mrs Woo. I'm just happy to see you," Woohyun replied, earning an unamused stare from the female teacher. 

"What is it this time?" She takes a look at the red slip I handed earlier, "Talking in class? Didn't I tell you not to mess with Mr Lee? How many times do you have to show up here in a week? I told you to behave yourselves, didn't I? You'll be graduating soon, you need to have a good-" "Discipline record for college admission. We're sorry, Mrs Woo. It won't happen again, this will be the last time ever, really." I throw an apologetic smile at her and she sighs. "You better. I don't want to see your faces here anymore, even Howon's and Jiyoung's at that."

"She'll be very disappointed later," Woohyun whispers. "I don't feel good doing this all of a sudden." "Neither do I. Let's really not get ourselves into trouble again, shall we?" 

"Says the person who gets us in trouble everytime."

"I do not."

"You do."

"I do not. Our last detention was because of your stupid prank!" 

"Keep quiet, do you want me to extend your time here?" Mrs Woo monotonously says, not taking her eyes off the paper she's checking. Woohyun shoots me a victorious smile and mouths, "I won."

That very moment, a loud sound starts booming from outside, or to be exact the parking lot. Mrs Woo didn't even flinch from her seat. Another loud sound blasted off and followed by another and another one until everyone had to cover their ears from the deafening sound. It's a good thing the detention room is near the parking lot.

"I think I heard my car's alarm too. I'll go and check. Just stay here, okay?" Mrs Woo shouts over the loud sound and runs out of the room. 

Well, I guess that's our cue. 

Woohyun waves happily at the other four students as we walk out, almost skipping. I take out my phone and swiftly types away: We're out. 

A reply came in instantly.

 

From: Hoho won

Good, you have 3 mins before the alarm stops oh wait now you only have 2 good luck :) 

 

Oh, great. I quickly grab Woohyun's arm and fasten our pace towards the back gate - almost bumping into Mr Lee and passing by a clueless Minho who just got out of the changing room in his soccer shirt - before jumping into Howon's car.

"New record time; 1 minute and 12 seconds," Howon states as he glances at us who are panting helplessly.

We shot back together, "Just drive, will you?" 

 

 


 

a/n: Heeyyyyy lovelies! I hope the first chapter is not that boring, it's more like a filler chapter (???) Do tell me what you think and subscribe ^^ And is there anyone out there who wants to make a poster for me?