Chapter 7

Remember Me?

~ Alayna's POV ~

   "Jeonghan?...You-you don't know your own...name?" I asked. 

   "Um...no? Who are you?" Jeonghan asks. 

   I can't believe he...doesn't remember who I am, who he is. Maybe you can start things over, make things right. "I'm Alayna, a friend. I'm gonna go get your nurse to tell her you're awake now. Maybe you'll, uh, remember some of your other friends." 

   "Ready to go?" Seungcheol asks.

   "Not yet...but, uh..."

   "But what?" Joshua wonders.

   "It's about...Jeonghan...he's awake." The boys forget about everything and they run into Jeonghan's room.

~ Alayna's POV ~

   "Jeonghan!"

   "I'm glad you're awake!"

   "How are you feeling, hyung?"

   "We missed you, Jeonghan!"

   Who are these guys? Who is this Jeonghan everyone keeps talking about? The pretty girl was looking for a Jeonghan too. "Um...I'm sorry, but I think you have the wrong room. I'm not Jeonghan."

   "Stop joking around, hyung!" a little kid says smiling.

   "Um...I don't think he's kidding Dino." a black-haired boy says to the little kid. He turns to me, "I think we have the right room, Jeonghan. Don't know recognize us?" 

   I shake my head. If I recognized them I wouldn't have said they had the wrong room.

   "Do you know who you are?" 

   The black haired boy has a point. Who am I? Alayna comes back with a nurse. We all bow, "안녕하세요." 

    The nurse bows back. "Hello, Jeonghan, how are you feeling?"

   "Fine, I guess, but is my name Jeonghan?"

   "Yes...hmm..." The nurse writes notes down on her clipboard. "Do you know how long you've been here?"

   "Um," How long have I been here? A week at the most? Maybe? "A few days?" 

   "Jeonghan," the black haired boy says, "You've been here for two months."

   "Two months?" Two months! What happened to me? "Why was I here for two months?"

   "You were in a coma. The cause was depression." 

   Depression? What was I depressed about? All these friends came to visit, people left me presents, what's there to be depressed about?

   "Do you remember anything at all, hyung?" the little boy asks. 

   I shake my head. What do I remember? What's the last thing I remember? Is there anything I can remember before I woke up? Birthday? Height? Family name? I don't remember any of it.

   "I'm sorry," the nurse apologized, "If this wasn't already obvious but Jeonghan, you have amnesia. I will fill a report to your doctor regarding medication and you should be dispatched in two days at the latest."

   "감사합니다," We all say in unison as the nurse leaves.

   "What do you remember, Jeonghan?" Alayna asks. 

   "I-I don't know..."

*******

   It's been a couple weeks and the others have been trying their best to help me remember. The doctors said if I take medication it might help me remember but they don't know how long it's going to last or if it'll even work. 
   Alayna suggested that maybe we should try recreating the first time I everyone. Then I reminded her that I can only remember a few names still haven't learned everyone's. 

   "Then lest recreate the time you first met Alayna," Seungcheol suggested. 

   "Yeah! That's sounds like a great idea, hyung! Let's go!" Dino said excitedly. 

   We arrived at a bookstore that's about 3 stories tall. Maybe even more. Alayna guides me inside as she reads the signs on the shelves. "Fiction...nonfiction...history...ah ha! Right here!" 

   The romance section? "So we, uh, met here?" 

   "Yeah, it was kind of by accident."

   "So...how do we recreate us meeting?"

   "Oh, um..." Alayna looks around at the books. She grabs one off the shelf until some one accidentally bumped into her causing her to drop it. 

   "어머. 죄송합니다!" The girl bows.

   "괜찮아, 괜찮아." Alayna says. The girl walks away feeling sorry. 

   I look at the book and I tell Alayna, "Here, I'll get that for you." 

   "No, no, no, that's okay. I can get it," She answers. We both go for the book. Our hands touch as when we grab it. I black out a little and I remember a flashback. 

   "죄송합니다죄송합니다!" Alayna says as she steps back.
   "괜찮아괜찮아," I reassured. I snap myself back to reality. I hear Alayna's voice slowly fade in.

   "Jeonghan? Jeonghan-ah? Jeonghan-ah!" 

   I quickly blink then I shake my head. "I...remember...I remember!" She smiles back at me then our eyes lock. The happiness in my voice fades away, "I remember..." I remember it all. Now I know why I was depressed.

   "You-you do?" Alayna throws her arms around me and she starts crying a little. "I missed you, Jeonghan!" She surprised me a little. She really does care about me.

   "Well, I remember you, at least." Our eyes lock again. I can't hold my feelings in any longer. My hear best races. I kiss her and she slowly holds my hand. My heart beats even faster, so fast it feels like it's going to burst. 

   "Hey guys, let's..." the voice cuts himself off and Alayna pulls away. I turn around to see who it is. 

   "Uh...hey, Woozi..." Alayna says awkwardly.

   "Are you two..." He points at our hands. We're still holding hands.

   Alayna let's go and she plays with her sleeves. "Oh, um...we're..." She starts blushing. 

   "You know what? I'm just going to forget I saw anything. S.Coups is looking for you guys." We awkwardly look at each other then follow Woozi.
   The bus ride to Alayna's apartment is quiet. Should I say anything to her?

   "Bye, noona!"

   "Bye, Alayna!"

   "Mingyu, go hug your girlfriend goodbye!"

   "She's not my girlfriend!" Mingyu flinches when he says 'girlfriend'. 

   "Hyung likes noona! Hyung likes noona!" Alayna laughs at Dino before walking out of the bus.

   "Hey guys? Where's Joshua?" S.Coups asks. 

   "Hey...where did he go?" Hoshi wondered.

   "I'll call him." 

   Someone's phone starts ringing. Seungkwan picks the phone off the ground. "He forgot his phone here, hyung."
"Aish! Where did that kid go?"

Alayna's (left) and Joshua's (right) POV

I'm still in shock about the kiss. First Mingyu, now Jeonghan? I'm a little scared to figure out who's next. Someone knocks on the door. I look to see who it is. Joshua? I open the door for him. "Joshua? What are you doing here? I thought you and the guys were going to the studio?"

That's right! The studio! Well, it's too late for that now. "I-I came to talk to you."

Ah geez, not this again. I can't just blow him off. I don't want him to feel bad. "Oh, okay. Why don't you come in then?"

"Oh, uh, sure." I take a step inside. "I, uh, I got you something."

He reaches into his pocket and hands me a small, velvet box. "What's this?"

"It's a present. For being such a good friend to Lee Chan and..uh, yeah." That's not the real reason and I think she knows.

"Awww...Joshua." It's a charm bracelet. "Oh my God, it's beautiful!" It looks awfully expensive though.

It sparkles just like her eyes. Her smile. Her everything. "You like it?"

"Like it? I love it! Thank you so much, Joshua, it means a lot to me." I throw my arms around Joshua. He stands still.

She's hugging me... Don't blow this Josh.
"You're welcome, Alayna. Look the actual reason why I came her is because--"

"I know."

She knows? "Know what?"

"Mingyu said the same thing to me. 'I came here to talk to you about something.' What else would that 'something' be?"

"Uh, well, I-I don't know..."

"It's okay, Josh. I, actually, had something to tell you too..."

She's blushing. Is she confessing too? "Oh yeah? What about?"