Chapter 6

I'm Sorry

Joong Ki's POV

"Geumanhae," I whispered, staring at her lips as I grabbed both of her wrists, afraid that she would just stand up anytime and leave.

"Stop what?" She asked.

"Stop making me feel this way. Stop making me want you so badly," I told her, softly.

She stared at me, as if she was trying to think of how to answer me. And I stared back at her, trying to find out how she feels.

"I need to check on other patients," She said and struggled to free her wrist.

I refuse to let go.

"Song Joong Ki-sshi," She said.

I looked up at her.

"What makes you think that we know each other well enough for you to hold my wrist this tight?" She said, her voice sounding a little annoyed.

I still refused to let go of her.

"Don't make me hate you..." She said.

I blinked a few times. And then I let go. She turned and walked away. Again, I watched her back view fade away.


Hye Kyo's POV

The moment I told Joong Ki that, I regretted it. I regretted it so badly when I walked away. I shouldn't have. The biggest mistake I have ever made was to walk away when I was still madly in love with him. Wait, madly in love with him? I laughed at my own thoughts.

"Stop being delusional, Song Hye Kyo," I told myself and pinched my cheeks.

"You're not," Jin Ki came and put down my hands.

"Eoteokke? He probably hates me now..." I sighed.

"He doesn't," Jin Ki said confidently.

"What makes you so sure?" I asked.

"I'm a guy, I know," He winked at me.

I groaned.

"Trust me," He said.

He sounded sincere. Plus, he's one of my close friends. I doubt he will do anything to harm me. I sighed and closed my eyes.

"I'll walk you back to your dormitory," Jin Ki offered.

I nodded my head and gave a small smile.

"Do you like him?" Jin Ki asked.

I turned to look at him and kept quiet.

"It's okay, take your time. You don't have to answer me now, Noona," He smiled.

I nodded my head again. Just then, Jin Ki's phone rang.

"Ne, Doctor Kang?" He said.

"Jigeum? I'm with Doctor Song. Wae?" He asked.

"Arasso," He said and turned to me.

"Wae?" I asked.

"Your mum... She is in the hospital," Jin Ki gulped.

I blinked a few times. My mum?

"What is she here for?" I asked, hoping that she didn't come here for the wrong reason.

"You need to perform a surgery for her..." Jin Ki said.

I froze. Me? Perform a surgery on my mum? I can't do this...

I shook my head and started walking away.

"Choose: Do you want your mum to die? Or do you want to cure her?" Jin Ki shouted at me.

I stopped walking. I don't want my mum to die. I want to cure her. But... But I couldn't face her... Not after I let her down so many times... She never fails to arrange those blind dates for me, but I always let her down.

"I'll cure her," I said.

I rushed over to the Accident and Emergency section.

"Report?" I asked a nurse.

"Your mother-" But I cut her off, "She's my patient. Not my mother."

The nurse kept quiet and lowered her head.

"So? What's the report?" I asked, getting a little impatient.

"Your patient... Ani, our patient... Ani... This patient... Is your mum... And she..." She stops talking.

I glared at her and said, "So what if it's my mum? I'm asking you for the report. Not on whether she is my mum or not."

"She slipped and fell in the toilet. There seems to be an internal bleeding on her chest as she hit the sink before falling onto the ground," Jin Ki said.

I sighed.

I analysed the situation and then told the nurses and doctors to get ready. I washed my hands and walked into the operating theatre.

Again, after another seven hours, we successfully operated on my mother. And again, I felt like my soul was drained.

Just as I was about to take a nap on my desk, my phone vibrated. I sighed and took it out of my pocket. It was a message from Joong Ki.

"Is everything alright?" It read.

I sighed and placed my phone on the table.

"At least eat something before sleeping," A voice spoke.

I looked up and saw Joong Ki.

"Mian... I must have kept you from eating..." He apologised and sat down in front of me, on the table.

"Where's your drip? Did you take it out?" I asked, feeling rather concerned.

He smiled a little.

"So you're concerned," He said.

"Ani! I'm just concern because I'm your doctor..." I said.

"Hye Kyo-sshi, I think I am rather fond of you," He said and looked straight into my eyes.

I felt my heart racing. What is this feeling?

"Mwo?" I pretended to be disgusted.

Wait, why am I even pretending to be disgusted? Why am I trying to hide my smile?

"You're blushing," He poked my cheek.

"Don't touch me!" I pushed his hand away.

"Wae?" He smiled a playful smile.

"Don't you dare," I glared.

"You look pretty," He said.

"I'm not wearing any make up, I haven't bathed and my hair is in a mess," I yawned.

"That's why you're even prettier," He said, still looking at me.

"Ah, geumanhae, geumanhae, geumanhae!!!" I started trashing my arms around.

Joong Ki laughed and messed my hair.

"Thank you for existing," He said, while smiling.

I shot him a confused look.

"I don't think I'll be this happy without you around," He said.

"Yah, we only know each other for days," I said.

"That's why..." He said, and smiled brightly at me.

I couldn't help but smile. And I looked away. Because I was afraid he could tell that I was rather fond of him too.