Chapter 5

I'm Sorry

Jin Ki's POV

Hye Kyo Noona took a deep breath as she pushed open the doors. She took a step in and walked towards the body lying on the operating table. She must be very strong. I looked at her with admiration.

"Focus, Jin Ki ah," She said.

"Ne," I smiled and turned my focus to our patient.

"Take not of his blood pressure. We will now move the bone," Hye Kyo Noona said.

We moved it back to place almost very easily. However...

"His blood pressure is dropping!" One of the nurses, Areum, said.

She was close to shouting. So you could tell how serious it was. Hye Kyo Noona's hands started trembling.

I grabbed it tightly in mine and stared right in her eyes, "You can do this. Find the cause and solve it. Now."

She blinked a few times and nodded her head.

"It's internal bleeding... Fasciotomy..." I said.

Hye Kyo Noona turned to look at me, then said, "Internal bleeding into an area such as the thigh can create high pressure and prevent blood flow to the rest of the leg. We can cut deeply into the thigh to relieve pressure and gain access to stop the bleeding."

We nodded and followed every of her instructions. After nine hours in the operating theatre, we finally got the order to stitch the patient up. Again, like always, Hye Kyo Noona washed up and left the operating theatre first. She must be worried. After stitching the patient up, the nurses wheeled him to his ward. I walked out of the operating theatre and found Hye Kyo Noona sitting on one of the chairs outside the operating theatre. Her hands covering her face.

"Noona, gwaenchana?" I asked, taking a seat next to her.

She didn't answer me.

"Noona?" I called again.

"Jin Ki ah, I was so scared..." She started crying.

"Aigoo..." I pulled her close and gave her a hug.

She continued crying.

"Brave girl, you did well," I patted her on her shoulders.

I wasn't lying. She really did well.

 

 

 


Joong Ki's POV

When I woke up, I wasn't where I thought I was. I looked around me and realised I was lying down. I tried sitting up, but there was a sharp pain on my thigh.

"Song Joong Ki-sshi, please lie down first. I'm getting the doctor to come check on you," A pretty lady told me and ran away.

"She's pretty," I told myself.

"I know she is. But don't come back here for the wrong reason," I heard that familiar voice that never fails to make my heart race.

I looked up and saw Hye Kyo.

"So I'm in the hospital?" I asked.

She nodded her head.

"For what reason?" I asked.

"For what reason? Song Joong Ki-sshi, you were knocked down by a truck while trying to save a young boy," She said.

"So how am I now?" I asked.

She took a look at the clipboard in her hand and said, "You're fine. You just got to stay for observation for at least five days. After that, if you're fine, we'll discharge you."

I tried moving my head but somehow it hurts.

"Appayo?" She asked and rushed to my side and touched my forehead.

I stared at her beautiful face. Honestly, no words could describe how pretty she is. She is just so perfect. The more I stare at her, the more I want her.

"You're running a fever..." She said.

"So I need medicine?" I asked, looking at her.

She nodded her head and said, "I'll prescribe you some medicine. Rest well and get well soon, Joong Ki-sshi, because you still owe me a lunch date."

I chuckled.

"How do you look so calm while saying that?" I asked, smiling.

"Take care," She said, and turned away.

I sighed and lied back down again. At least now that I'm in the hospital, I get to see her everyday.

 

 

 

 

Hye Kyo's POV

"Brave girl, you did well," Jin Ki said as he patted me on my shoulders.

I kept crying. I was so scared. I was so scared that I did something wrong. But he is fine now. So why am I still crying? I wiped my tears away and smiled at Jin Ki.

"Gwaenchana," I said.

He smiled back at me and nodded his head. He gave me a thumbs up and went to wash up. I went to clean up and changed into a new set of clothings, then went to my office. I sat down and sighed. The urge to go over to his ward now to look after him is so strong. I started writing reports of the patients, that I got to submit by the end of the week. Hours and hours of typing and I was about to doze off when my nurse ran into my office saying, "Doctor Song! Song Joong Ki-s has woken up!"

Immediately, I saved my document and ran towards his ward.

"She's pretty," I heard him say to himself.

I rolled my eyes. So now that there's another pretty girl, he doesn't want me anymore?

"I know she is. But don't come back here for the wrong reason," I told him, slowly walking towards him.

I saw his eyes widened as he looked up to face me. My heart beat a little faster.

"So I'm in the hospital?" He asked, staring at me with those charming eyes.

I nodded my head, as I tried to control my breathing.

"For what reason?" He asked in a rather carefree manner.

"For what reason? Song Joong Ki-sshi, you were knocked down by a truck while trying to save a young boy," I got a little pissed.

Does he not take his life seriously?

"So how am I now?" He asked.

Well, at least he bothers to ask.

"You're fine. You just got to stay for observation for at least five days. After that, if you're fine, we'll discharge you," I said as I was referring to the clipboard I was holding on to.

Now, I noticed that I was holding the clipboard so tightly that my knuckles were turning white. But... But did he notice it? Did he notice how nervous I am right now?

He tried to move his head a little to his right, but stopped and winced. I rushed over to take a look. I placed my hand on his forehead. I could feel him staring at my face. But it doesn't matter to me. His health matters most to me.

"You're running a fever..." I told him, feeling rather worried.

"So I need medicine?" He asked, still staring at me.

I fought the urge to hit him hard on his arm that was dislocated earlier. Is he taking his life seriously? Or not? Does he care for his life at all? Because I do.

"I'll prescribe you some medicine. Rest well and get well soon, Joong Ki-sshi, because you still owe me a lunch date," I spoke my mind, to him, for the very first time.

I heard him chuckle. He must be happy to hear that from me, huh?

"How do you look so calm while saying that?" He asked while smiling brightly at me.

"Take care," Was all I said, before I turned and walked away.

As I walked away, I couldn't help but smile. This isn't common. I don't usually smile this much over one guy. I walked back to my office and sat down to continue writing my report. After a while into my work, my phone beeped. I took it our from my pocket and slide to unlock. It was a message from him.

"Doctor, are you free to come over now? I don't feel well."

I sighed and ran towards his ward again. He was lying on his bed.

"Gwaenchana?" I asked, feeling very, very, very worried.

He smiled and started laughing.

"Wae?" I asked.

"Ani, I just wanted to see you," He said.

I rolled my eyes.

"Geundae, why don't you sit here next to me and wait for me to sleep?" He asked.

I sighed, and turned away. But he grabbed my wrist.

"Chebal," He said softly.

I stared at him for a little while, before sitting down by his bed.

"You know, I was so scared when I saw the truck coming my way," He spoke.

I turned to look at his facial expression.

"I was scared I wouldn't get to see you anymore," He said softly.

I remained silent and listened to him talk.

"The first thing that came to my mind was a question," He said, and slowly turned to face me.

"What question?" I asked.

"Do you like me too?" He asked.

I stared at him, thinking if I should tell the truth or not.

"Do you?" He slowly sat up.

I was still thinking.

He inched closer and stared at my lips.

"Hajima," I said and moved backwards.

"Geumanhae," He whispered and grabbed both my wrists, as if he was afraid I would stand up and leave.

"Stop what?" I asked.

"Stop making me feel this way. Stop making me want you so badly," He said even softer.

I did not know how to answer him. I just stared at him, as he stared back at me.