Chapter 4

Will You Catch Me If I Fall?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

It was a bright sunny afternoon. Dara walked along the pavement of their street towards the park. She wore a light blue knee-length dress, a pair of blue flat sandals and a straw sun hat. The warm spring breeze brushed across her face, making her feel cheerful.

 

Upon reaching the park, her eyes searched for a certain someone. A smile formed on her lips when she saw him lying there on the grass under a large tree. She started to walk slowly towards him. Suddenly, the memory of what happened in front of the cafeteria flashed through her mind and she stopped on her tracks. A blush crept up her cheeks and she felt millions of butterflies fluttering in her stomach.

 

*FLASHBACK*

 

After staying in Jiyong’s arms for how long she doesn’t know, she had realized the awkward position that they were in and pushed him away. Jiyong’s smirk never left his face and Dara’s heart couldn’t stop beating wildly. She could feel her cheeks getting warmer and in order to hide the redness of her cheeks, she did what she could do best at that moment. She ran away.

 

*END OF FLASHBACK*

 

She had been avoiding Jiyong from then on. And for some reason, even Jiyong stopped bothering her. Their school was closed for the week for the exam preparations. So they didn’t have to come across each other as Dara spent her time studying in her house and Jiyong did the same in his.

 

Dara would have continued with her ‘stay away from Jiyong’ strategy if Mrs. Kwon hadn’t come over to their place looking for him. Dara knew where he could possibly be and volunteered to go look for him. But now, when he was right there in front of her, she started to feel nervous, the urge to run back home and hide under her desk got stronger. But Mrs. Kwon had to go out for some work and needed Jiyong to stay home and babysit Seungri, Jiyong’s mischievous little brother. That brat was wicked to the core…

 

Dara heaved a sigh and mustered up enough courage to face him. She took hesitant steps towards him while trying to control her pounding heart. When she got nearer to him, she saw that his eyes were open and he was staring up at the sky. His head was resting on his right arm while he was twirling round a leaf in his left hand.

 

Jiyong heard the crunching sound of the grass and glanced sideways to see who was approaching him. When he saw Dara, he looked up at the sky again, starting to feel a little nervous.

 

He had been avoiding her all this time so that she wouldn’t start asking why he had been acting all flirty towards her. It’s true that he flirted with other girls and all, but Dara had been an exception. Even he couldn’t figure out why he had acted up that way at school. So he was afraid that he wouldn’t be able to answer her if she asked him.

 

Dara knelt down beside him and poked his cheeks.

 

“Hey,” she said softly. “What are you doing here?”

 

“I was going to ask the same question. Aren’t you studying?”

 

“You aren’t,” Dara pointed out accusingly.

 

“Come on, Dara. Don’t tell me you forgot I’m a genius? Unlike you, I don’t need to study too much,” Jiyong taunted.

 

Dara pouted and folded her arms. Jiyong was right. He w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter