Chapter 3

Will You Catch Me If I Fall?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

[A/N: Okay readers!!! Here's another update...........This fic will probably have two more chappies.....I dunno.....I had originally planned a threeshot. But well........Anyways, hope you like this chappie!! ^^ ]

 

 

 

 

“Okay, class, as you all know, your final exams are starting from next week,” Mr. Yang, their homeroom teacher, stated the obvious.

 

The class groaned at the mention of the most dreaded final exams. Several of them cursed the inventor of exams. Some even spoke out weird stuff like reviving that inventor and murdering him/her in the most painful way possible.

 

Mr. Yang chuckled at the weird ideas of the students and clapped his hands loudly to gain his students’ attention.

 

“Yeah, I know, you guys don’t like exams. Come to think of it, who does?” he said. “But that’s not the only thing I’m supposed to announce today! There’s another one!” he continued excitedly.

 

The students, knowing what he was exactly talking about, grinned. The girls started to whisper among themselves and giggled while the boys had huge grins plastered on their faces.

 

“Yes, guys,” he continued. “It’s the much anticipated prom night!”

 

The class jeered at the mention of prom, causing Mr. Yang to chuckle yet again. “You guys are supposed to be excited about the exams, you know? Yet here you are, getting all eager to be on the prom night, something of not much value in life.”

 

“Come on, Mr. Yang,” Krystal stood up. “Who said prom night isn’t of much value? It’s the most important part of any young girl’s life. The prom dress, the first dance, the music and most importantly, the date…..” she trailed off, getting all dreamy.

 

The class laughed while Dara who was sitting beside her, nudged her to get her back to reality. Krystal blinked, shaking herself out of her reverie and blushed realizing what she had been doing.

 

All this time, Jiyong had his eyes on Dara. He smiled at the embarrassed expression on Dara’s face when her friend, Krystal stood up and started to say stuff that she would never ever dream of saying out loud.

 

She was just too simple, just too sweet. And that was what he loved about her. Her simplicity was the very thing that had changed his feelings towards her.

 

He used to think of her as his best friend; someone he could share his secrets with; someone he could rely on. But with the passage of time, as he spent more time with her, as he started to know things better, know her better, he realized that she had become more than just friend to him. She had become a very important part of his life. With her bright smile, sparkling eyes and shy yet bold personality, she had somehow stolen his heart. He had fallen for her.

 

But the problem was that she loved his friend, Taeyang. Taeyang was too shy when it came to girls. So Jiyong didn’t have any idea whether his friend had any kind of feelings for Dara or any other girl for that matter. Whenever he tried to get something out of Taeyang, the latter would just get all shy and try to change the subject.

 

Jiyong wanted to tell Dara how much he loved her. He wanted to hold her in his arms and never let her go. He wanted to give her all the happiness of the world for she deserved them. But he couldn’t. Because he was afraid that if he confessed, if he let her know how he felt, their friendship might get ruined. He was afraid that she might leave his side. So he decided to keep his feelings to himself. He was satisfied with just having her by his side. He didn’t need anything more.

 

Mr. Yang announced that the prom night would be held a week after the final exams end and then, he left. The moment he stepped out of the class, the students engaged themselves in conversation regarding the prom; the ensuing exams became a completely forgotten subject. But not for our Dara. Nu-uh.

 

She shook her head in disapproval as she saw her friends all discussing about what they would be wearing on the prom night and stood up. It was lunch break and she had to make some notes for her history exams. So she decided to go to the library, her haven.

 

She walked her way to the library, finding it totally empty except for three or four students who buried themselves in the books they had in front of them. She silently walked past them and the rows of shelves until she reached the last table situated at the very corner of the library. She put her stuff on the table and walked towards the history section of the library and started searching for the book that she needed. After a few minutes of searching, she finally found the book. But it wouldn’t come off when she pulled.

 

Knowing perfectly well who was behind it, she ordered in a hushed tone, “Yah! Jiyong! Let-it-go!”

 

She heard a soft chuckle from the other side of the shelf and rolled her eyes. Jiyong released his grip from the book and Dara took it. Without any glance at her annoying friend, she walked off towards her table and sat down. Opening her notebook and taking a pencil in her hand, she started to scan the book she just picked.

 

She felt the presence of Jiyong behind her but ignored him. He bent down and stared at her book, his chin resting on her right shoulder. Dara knew that she would never be able to concentrate if he hung around her with determination to annoy her to death. So she shut the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter