01. I need some sleep

Big boys don't cry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

01. I need some sleep


 

He was waiting outside Yang Hyunseok’s office to be received as he listened to the lecture of their manager.
“I know, I understand and I’m terribly sorry. It won’t happen again, never, ever again” Junhoe repeated for the umpteenth time.

“Exactly, of course it won’t happen again” Yunhyuk remarked, “it doesn’t have to happen never, ever again!” he kept walking back and forth as if he was marching.

The door opened, the manager came in and Junhoe followed him keeping his head down, sunken between the shoulders. Junhoe made a reverential bow, met angry eyes and swallowed hard, feeling his throat become dry and arid as a desert.

“Do you know what I had to do in the last twenty-four hours?” Hyunseok was sitting behind the desk, “I had to answer all the calls that I have received from your sponsors who want to terminate the contract with you, and I had to call all the tabloids to try to prevent the publication of other articles!” he said pointing to the infinite stack of newspapers piled on the table.
“You’re on the front pages! You’re practically everywhere!” he said raising his voice even more, “do you have any idea of the consequences that I and all of this agency will have to face because of your disrespectful behavior?” he screamed, showing how angry he was, and continued to scream out loud.

“I’m so sorry” Junhoe apologized trying to sound as much as possible repentant.

“Don’t you dare to interrupt me!” Hyunseok scolded him, so Junhoe simply nodded, “the dating ban exists and is enforced for a reason, to avoid creating situations like this one” he tried to explain trying to regain the lost calm.

The phone suddenly rang, interrupting their discussion.
“It’s the hundredth call that I get” Hyunseok muttered waving Junhoe he was free to go.

Junhoe went out with the manager, closed the heavy door behind them and then let out a resigned sigh.

“You know what you should do? You should pray for another scandal so the tabloids will focus on that and forget about yours” Yunhyuk said jokingly trying to lighten the situation, so a relieved smile took shape on Junhoe’s lips, "but at least it was worth it?” he asked as he accompanied him in the direction of the dormitory.

“Yes, because she's pretty and nice” Junhoe replied dreamily, as if he were already in love with her.

“Here we are” Yunhyuk announced shortly after stopping in front of the entrance to the dorm, “I think even Hanbin will make you the lecture” he patted him on the back, went away and left him alone.

Junhoe drew a long, deep breath exhaling and inspiring several times. He reached into the pocket of his torn jeans, pulled out a set of keys and inserted one of them into the lock making it perform two full turns.

Bobby practically bumped on him, put his hands on Junhoe’s shoulders and shook him a little.
“I’m very, very angry with you!” he exclaimed staring at him with an unusually serious look.

“You too?” Junhoe asked rolling up his eyes.

“Of course, I can’t believe you didn’t even invited me!” Bobby replied with a laugh, “partying, drinking and flirting without even invite me?” they both burst out laughing all together.

“Are you serious?” Hanbin asked arching an eyebrow, “you shouldn’t encourage him!” they were ignoring him and his complaints.

“I expect you to ask me to go out with you next time” Bobby winked, "do we have a deal?" he gave him a playful punch on the chest.

“What?” Hanbin yelled appalled, “no way, there won’t be a next time!” he couldn't believe they were ignoring not just him but also his complaints.

“He hasn’t done anything wrong!” Bobby said defending him, “he’s an adult, he was just having fun!” he took his defenses.

“Chanwoo, please, could you set the table?” Yunhyeong asked politely, he was intent to cook, and Donghyuk helped him.

“Are they discussing among themselves?” Donghyuk asked at one point, there was a vague hint of concern in his words.

“It looks like that” Chanwoo chuckled setting the table for dinner, “but it’s nothing serious!” the maknae hastened to add.

“Dinner is ready!” Yunhyeong announced, "guys, dinner is ready!" so they gathered all together around the table.

“Where’s Jinhwan-hyung?” it was Junhoe’s first question because he had noticed his absence.

“He doesn’t feel very well” Yunhyeong answered promptly, “and he isn’t hungry, but I put aside dinner just in case he thinks back and wants to eat later”.

“He doesn’t feel very well” Junhoe repeated to himself while his gaze wandered into the void, looking for someone that wasn't there at all.

“He’s tired, he just needs to rest, so you don't have to worry about him” Yunhyeong explained after realizing that Junhoe was very concerned about Jinhwan's health.

Junhoe got up and headed for Jinhwan’s room

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter