Chapter 1

We Will Be Together

 

Boy's Afternoon Out

Aaron looked around and smiled as he watched GuiGui. His best friend, WuZun, grinned at him but Aaron nudged him and motioned to Ella who was talking animatedly to her best friends Hebe and Selina.

“Hey you guys!” Calvin and Jiro sat behind Aaron and WuZun. The four best friends were inseparable and were like brothers. “You were almost late, again!” WuZun teased. “Hey, it’s all because Jiro took ages just getting ready!” Calvin protested, before they burst into laughter.
-----------------------------------------------------------
The four best friends made their way out of school. They were heading for lunch before they would spend the rest of the day at WuZun’s house. “WuZun!” a voice called from behind. WuZun turned and smiled as Ella ran up to him. Aaron smirked and whispered, “Girlfriend’s here,” before hurrying to catch up with Calvin and Jiro.

“WuZun, we’ll see you in the café!” Jiro hollered before heading into the café after Aaron. Aaron smirked as he saw Calvin’s eyes dart to where Genie sat with her friends. “Cal, stop daydreaming and get over here!” Jiro exclaimed. Aaron chuckled and the friends engaged in lively conversation with each other.
-----------------------------------------------------------
“You were looking for me?” WuZun asked Ella as his friends walked into the café. Ella slipped her fingers through his and WuZun smiled. “Alright, you join us for lunch alright? But it’s a boy’s afternoon today. We’ll go out tomorrow.” WuZun conceded. Ella grinned and followed him into the café.

Calvin looked up and half groaned. Jiro looked up and chuckled. “Hey, Ella.” He called. She greeted them and sat down. Aaron smiled and the five of them settled down for a nice lunch together.

“Hey, Ella.” A voice came from the doorway of the café. WuZun scowled as he saw who had walked in. Saying that WuZun disliked Kenny was an understatement. He Hated Kenny. Ella grimaced and forced a smile before turning back and engaging herself in conversation with Calvin.

“Hey, what are you all doing here?” he tried to engage them in conversation. “Er, eating?” Calvin replied. The rest of them didn’t like Kenny any better than WuZun did. “Hey Ella, you free later?” Kenny asked brightly. Ella glanced at WuZun and began, “Er…” WuZun interrupted her. “No, she’s not.” Ella tried to hide a smile before replying, “Yeah, I’m…meeting Selina and Hebe. And after that, I have something arranged with them.” Kenny looked disappointed.
-----------------------------------------------------------
“What’s with that?” Jiro whispered. “Why the hell did he come and talk to us?” Aaron shrugged. The boys were walking to WuZun’s house after they had dropped Ella off at Selina’s house. WuZun scowled. “I hate it when he tries to get Ella’s attention. It’s creepy and so annoying.” Calvin chuckled. “You’re just protective you know.” WuZun ignored him. “He better keep away from Ella, I tell you.” The rest chuckled as they entered WuZun’s house.

“What exactly are we doing here?” Jiro asked. Aaron shrugged. “What we usually do: nothing?” They burst into laughter and Calvin collapsed on WuZun’s bed. Suddenly Aaron’s phone rang. Aaron stared at the caller ID before shakily picking it up.

“Hello?” Aaron spoke, moving into a corner of the room. GuiGui’s voice came from the other end of the line. “Aaron? Er, I was just wondering…if… you know… the school project? I was just wondering…because I don’t have a partner…so I just thought…” Aaron interrupted her, “Er, if you don’t mind, you can partner me. Because Calvin and Jiro will be pairing and WuZun and Ella will be pairing too.” A small sigh came from the other end of the line. “Thank you.” Aaron replied, “Thank you too.” They then hung up after saying bye.

“Who was it?” Jiro asked. Aaron shook his head. “GuiGui called to settle the groupings for the project. So you don’t have to worry. You can partner Cal. Zun will partner Ella, that goes without saying.” WuZun grinned and Aaron smiled.
-----------------------------------------------------------
The afternoon passed swiftly. Aaron returned to an empty house and sighed as he flopped himself onto his bed. He was used to an empty house, yet after the repeated trips to WuZun and Calvin’s houses especially, he wished he had at least one other person in the house.

His phone rang and Aaron rolled over to answer it. “Hello?” He spoke into the phone. “Hebe? Yeah. What, Ella? Okay. I’ll let Zun know. Thanks!” Aaron frowned as he hung up the phone with Hebe. He jumped off the bed, grabbed his coat and left the house while dialing WuZun’s number.
-----------------------------------------------------------
“Aaron?” WuZun said as he answered his phone. “Hebe’s house? Why?” A silence ensued as WuZun listened to Aaron. “What? Okay, I’m leaving now. I’ll meet you at the end of the road.” WuZun jammed his phone into his pocket and rushed out of the house after taking his coat with him.

WuZun saw Aaron waiting by the end of the road and hurried to meet him. “I’ve never been to Hebe’s house before…” Aaron nodded, and said, “But I’ve been there loads of times. Come on!” The two boys walked briskly in the direction of Hebe’s house.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Ella sat between Hebe and Selina, traces of tears still visible on her cheeks. Selina and Hebe held her hand and Hebe said, “Don’t worry. Zun and Aaron are coming already, alright?” Ella nodded and forced a smile.

Selina exclaimed, “He’s such a jerk! And so creepy! What is his problem?” Hebe shushed Selina and the three friends sat together, huddled against the cold wind. “There!” Selina shouted triumphantly as WuZun and Aaron could be seen hurrying towards Hebe’s house.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:
What happened to Ella? Who's the jerk Selina is talking about? Read on to find out!

Please do comment! My first attempt at fanfic!