Little secret

Lucifer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 7 – Little secret

 

* * * *

 

Jieun smiled in anticipation when she heard Jinri's bedroom door open, Morae resting in her arms comfortably with his tail slowly waving back and forth as they waited for Jinri to show up. Jieun stood from the couch with the cat in her arms, her smile widening as Jinri came to stand in front of her, clad in a shiny, black dress.

Jieun gave her a thumb up, smiling from ear to ear. "Wow Jinri, you're absolutely stunning. The dress does a lot for you." Complimented Jieun, stepping closer to her best friend.

It was simple, black and strapless with a black sash tightening around her figure just below her bosom. Jinri didn't want to wear a dress that was too flashy and outlined her curves and this one was the simplest dress she could manage to find and it was comfortable. The dress was the perfect length for Jinri, it ended right at her knees, black heels with a diamond on each shoe adorning her feet.

"It shows off your beautiful long legs which I'm jealous of." Said Jieun and they laughed together. "Ah, I have a diamond necklace for you my dear. Let me put it on for you."

Jinri shook her head. "Hey Jieun, you don't have to. I don't think--"

"Stop saying annoying stuff and hold up your hair for me to put this on." Jieun interrupted her and she pulled out the diamond necklace. "It definitely adds more charm to your beautiful look. Right, when is Choi Minho supposed to show up?"

Jinri pulled her loosely curled hair over her shoulder as Jieun rounded her, slipping the necklace on. "In about twenty minutes."

"If he s you, just slap him or something."

"He won't me!"

"How do you know?!"

Jinri rolled her eyes, smiling at her best friend as she moved from behind her and sat on the arm of the couch. "Simple, because I've been his assistant for a few months now and he's never tried anything. He just asked me to go with him because...well, I'm not really sure why he asked me in the first place. I'm probably just a last resort."

"Oh well. At least you'll get to eat great food and you'll be on the arm of the hottest man there. Hyunwoo was okay with this? We all know he can get a little jealous every now and then." Said Jieun.

"What guy doesn't get jealous these days?" Said Jinri as she carelessly shrugged. She smiled, feeling Morae rub against her legs. "He said it was fine."

"Surprise, he's never really that type." Said Jieun, getting off of the couch and hugged Jinri briefly as she checked her watch. "I have to get going but have fun tonight and call me tomorrow to tell me how everything went."

Jinri chuckled. "You're making it sound like a date."

Grabbing her purse, Jieun headed towards the door with a smile on her face, tossing a wink in her direction. "Who knows? Maybe to him it is. Love you!"

Before Jinri could respond, the front door was closed, leaving her and her cat in the tiny apartment alone. She brought her hands up slowly, twiddling the necklace around her neck.

Probably Jieun was right. Maybe Minho did see it as a date. It wasn't like Jinri ran around telling everyone that she was in a relationship with Lee Hyunwoo and she was pretty sure that Minho had no clue that she was taken.

Whatever! She should've mentioned it to Minho and made everything absolutely clear in the first place. Stupid her! Jinri hoped he didn't think that she had a thing for him. Sure, she wasn't going to stand there and lie about it. Minho was handsome, he was drop dead gorgeous but she was with Hyunwoo. Choi Minho was her boss. He was filthy rich. He could have perfect women wrapped around his fingers. What would he want with her?

Jinri groaned softly. She was getting a headache. Maybe she was thinking about this a little too much as she let Jieun's word go through into her head.

"Geez Lee Jieun! She's always doing that to me. Yes, this is just an innocent dinner date. That's all….that's all--"

Knocking tore her away from her thoughts completely and her head shot to her front door. Jinri swallowed thickly as she slowly reached for her purse, cursing softly under her breath when she noticed that her hands were sweaty.

'Chill! Seriously!' Jinri mentally scolded herself, heading to her front door. She didn't really want Minho to come to her apartment since the rundown apartment complex was a little embarrassing. Her place wasn't exactly nice for a noble person like him.

Jinri stood at her door, inhaling deeply before looking over her shoulder to her golden cat. She smiled and waved at him before opening the door, her smile slowly falling from her face.

If she wasn't taken, she would've jumped her handsome boss. If she were still in high school, she would've drooled over him like a silly girl.

Jinri quickly shook those thoughts, finding them so much disturbing. A taken woman wasn’t supposed to think like that. She had to stop!

Minho looked handsome as usual, wearing an impeccable black suit with a black tie around his neck. She had no idea as to whom he was wearing but she was certain that it was from a famous designer and it wasn't cheap.

"Are you okay?"

"Huh?" Oh no! Did he notice her checking him out? She seriously needed to get a hold of herself. Quit making a fool of herself! Jinri cleared softly. "Oh…yeah, sorry. You look great."

A small smile slowly crept its way to his lips. He watched her from head to toe before staring back on her face. "I can say the same about you."

Minho didn't miss her eyes wandering over him but he chose to ignore it as he took the time to eye the woman in front of him. As soon as he laid his eyes on her, he immediately wanted to get her out of the little black dress and ravish her but managed to force those thoughts aside as he went to focus on something else.

As soon as Jinri noticed that his eyes wandered into her apartment, she smiled slightly. "It's not much but I plan on moving out as soon as I can. I was going to show you my cat but it seems that he ran off somewhere. He's skittish around new people."

"Cat?" Asked Minho.

"Yeah. Didn't I tell you I had a golden cat?" She stepped out of her apartment, closing her door and turning her back to him to lock up.

"I don't think so." Replied Minho. He watched her turn around to face him and then he held out his arm to her. "Shall we go then?"

For several seconds, Jinri hesitated before taking his arm. "Yes, we shall."

"Relax." Said Minho.

"I'm relaxed." Lied Jinri, allowing him to lead the way.

"Hardly." Replied Minho, giving her a grin with one brow raised. "Nervous?"

"Just a little since I've never been attending a social party before." Confessed Jinri quietly, her eyes landing on the lavish limo waiting for them as they walked out into the cold air.

"Don't be. I'll show you a good time."

 

- - - -

 

When they arrived to the hotel, Jinri honestly didn't appreciate the flashing of cameras at all. The attention wasn't too great either. She felt like everyone was looking at them and as she glanced over her shoulder, she realized that no one had arrived after them and they were the only two walking to the building. Returning her attention back to the flashing light, she tightened her grip on Minho's arm as he stopped to pose for pictures. Jinri badly wanted to run inside. She didn't want to see herself on the front page somewhere tomorrow morning.

"Who's the woman on your arm, Mr. Choi?" One photographer yelled out over the rest and everyone quieting down to hear a response from Minho.

"My assistant, Choi Jinri." Answered Minho.

Jinri quietly watched as several people scribbled down the new information. She smiled slightly to herself. Yes, if she was his date, he would've sai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter