Invitation

Lucifer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Second update.

 

Chapter 6 – Invitation

 

* * * *

 

Jinri received the order and turned to leave, only then Minho lifted his eyes to watch his assistant leaving his office to go fax documents to a partnering company, his golden eyes lingering on her tempting curves. She wasn't normally the type of person he went for but for some reason he couldn't help himself when it came to her.

Was it love?

No, never.

Lust?

Possibly.

Her friendly personality caught his attention, her smiles made his heart skip a beat here and there and her voice was like music to his ears.

Minho admitted that he wanted her but it was not because of the foolish emotion called 'love', there was no such thing ever happened to him. He had never experienced love even if demons and humans warmed his bed many nights. Sure, he had a heart which many people didn't expect but it only seemed to beat for power and horrendous things. Probably he merely wanted to take Jinri for a test drive, so to say. It wasn't as if he cared about the feelings of others.

Twenty minutes later, he heard a knock and his eyes lifted to his door, expecting a certain demon to appear. Kim Jonghyun always managed to bother him.

"Come in." Called out Minho, thought that it was Jonghyun, turning out that it was Jinri.

"I finished what needed to be done." Said Jinri when she stopped before his desk.

Minho simply nodded as his gaze remained on her. Jinri fidgeted briefly under his gaze through his disheveled black bangs and he perfectly noticed her uncomfortable movement but he just couldn't tear his gaze away.

"Also, I wanted to remind you of the business party tomorrow evening starting at seven thirty at Lotte Hotel World's hall." Said Jinri.

Minho's brows lifted as that event came rushing back to his memory. He had completely forgot it if she didn't remind. He nodded once again, the corners of his lips twitching upwards. "Well....would you like to go with me tomorrow?"

Jinri's eyes visibly widened.

"Let me rephrase that." Added Minho slowly. "I want you to accompany me to that party tomorrow."

Jinri opened , wanting to ask him why but only let it snap shut when no words flew out.

Out of all the gorgeous women throwing themselves at him, he was asking her? His assistant?

Sure, she was beautiful but nowhere near drop dead gorgeous like the countless women surrounding Minho. Jinri just considered herself average.

"Cat got your tongue?" Asked Minho.

"Umm.…ah…no! I…I'm just…" 'Surprise'. Added Jinri internally. "I can't give you a certain answer right now since it's so last minute but it doesn't sound like a bad idea. I'd love to go."

"Great."

"I can call you, right?"

"You can."

"Alright. I'll be sure to call you tonight to let you know if I can go."

 

- - - -

 

"Minho asked you to go along tomorrow?!" Exclaimed Jonghyun in front of her desk. He caught the attention of several employees but they quickly returned to what they were busy with.

"Yeah…" Answered Jinri and she came to a short pause. "Jonghyun, you're also going to be there, aren't you?"

"It's a possibility." Jonghyun rubbed the back of his neck and Jinri briefly wondering if he was currently slacking off….again. "Geez! Minho is always snatching up women that I have my eye on. He does it on purpose I bet."

Jinri lifted her gaze from Minho's schedule that lying on her desk, looking at Jonghyun with a frown."What?"

Jonghyun gave her a boyish grin. "As a friend, I thought I would take you tomorrow because right now I don't have a date. I'm not sure if I could find one around here by tomorrow."

"You bet, because I doubt it!" Said Jinri and both fell into a small laughter. "I'm surprised that he asked me in the first place. I'm just a plain woman." She looked up at Jonghyun. Biting her lower lip, she asked, "What happened to that woman that came in last week, the one who hanging on his arm?"

Jonghyun brows rose. "That ?"

Jinri reached out to hit him slightly on his arm. "Hey! That's mean!"

"It's true though. I know how she is personally. Hell, I even had a go at her a few times before Minho got a hold of her." Said Jonghyun.

Jinri rolled her eyes, shaking her head. Jonghyun was awfully open and honest about certain things. "Well, anyway, so what happened to her now?"

Jonghyun shrugged. "He got bored."

What kind of excuse was that to just move on to another woman? Thought Jinri internally. "I see." She responded quietly, noticing Jonghyun eye the candy jar she had sitting on her desk. She smiled. "Want some?"

Jonghyun grinned like a child. "Can I?!"

"Sure."

Jonghyun grabbed the jar, popping the lid off and taking a handful of random candies. "Minho has a meeting to attend in a few minutes, right?"

"Yes, he does." Answered Jinri.

Jonghyun opened his mouth to speak but his talking was interrupted when he heard Minho yell for him. He laughed nervously, glancing over to the door with a little smile. "Well, you know where to take them when they arrive. Minho needs me now."

Jinri nodded, watching the talkative guy hurry to the room and close the door behind him. She shook her head as she was sure that he was going to get scolded for something he did. Jinri remembered a few weeks ago when Jonghyun snuck into Minho's' office and somehow accidentally spilled coffee all over his new laptop. Minho wasn't happy of course. And there was also an incident where he caused a small fire in the lobby. Jinri didn't even bother asking how that even happened and she just assumed Jonghyun must've been playing with matches like some child.

 

- - - -

 

Jonghyun unwrapped the candy in his hands and shoved it in his mouth. He was standing in the office as his eyes looking around the room, waiting for Minho fixed his tie in the small bathroom on the other side of the room. He grinned a little, knowing Minho wasn't the best at tying h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter