Who he really is?

Lucifer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 4 – Who he really is?

 

* * * *

 

Jinri silently followed her boss down the hallway, her eyes were staring at his back while clutching her purse tightly in her hands as they neared the elevator. She came to a stop after Minho pressed the button of elevator and she silently waited with him for the doors to slide open.

They stood in silence for several seconds before the too-quiet atmosphere started to get to her. Flickering her gaze to his tall form, she bit her bottom lip as she eyed his profile. There was no doubt about it, this man could have any woman he wanted. With his strong chiseled jaw and secretive golden eyes, woman must flock to him. She was certain that if he directed a woman to take off her clothes, she would gladly obey.

"Thank you for treating me to lunch." Said Jinri very quickly as she felt suffocating at the quietness between them.

"Not a problem." Minho quietly replied, sending her a glance.

Jinri stared at him, the amusement still noticeable in his eyes. She tore her gaze away from him when she heard a light ding and the doors sliding open. A group of few people exited the elevator and walked off without speaking a word. Jinri stepped into the elevator with Minho, allowing him to push the lobby button.

"What did Jonghyun say about me so far?" Asked Minho suddenly.

And the question caught Jinri by surprise, her eyes could only widened momentarily. That was the least question she expected to hear from Minho. What should she say? Like Jonghyun made him sound like a huge prick?

"Not much." Replied Jinri softly, glancing at Minho from the corner of her eye. He was good looking with his smile but the smirk that was planted on his face was downright arresting. Jinri couldn't tear her gaze away from his devilish smirk.

"I won't get mad if you tell me what he has said. Jonghyun can't help but talk. He rambles and let things slip from that mouth of his." Said Minho.

"Uh…" Uttered Jinri, mentally cursed him for putting her on the spot. "Well, he just said….that you have a bad side that no one wants to get on. But everyone has a bad side, so that little fact didn't really bother me."

Minho glanced at her and pointed out, "Really? But you're a little jumpy around me."

Jinri flushed lightly. "He made you sound violent and downright mean." She admitted, walking out of the elevator with him. She sighed. "I guess I shouldn't really bother lying to you about everything he said."

"Everyone does it." Said Minho.

"Does what?" Asked Jinri curiously, tilting her head slightly as she walked beside him. Her eyes then landed on the silver BMW waiting for them.

"Lie." Answered Minho, holding up his car keys to unlock the doors.

"Yeah, everyone has that side but it's not really right to tell a lie." Said Jinri.

"Who says?" Asked Minho, tossing Jinri a grin as he walked to the other side of his car.

Jinri's hand paused on the door handle, a smile coming to her lips at the silly question and that smile caught Minho's full attention without fail.

"Well, everyone says it's wrong to tell a lie." Said Jinri, climbing in the car. She eyed the interior briefly and watched as Minho slipped in. She somewhat surprised that he didn't have someone to drive him around wherever he needed to go.

"It's okay to tell a little lie every now and then." Spoke Minho, starting the car.

Jinri buckled her seatbelt after placing her purse on her lap. "I guess."

"Lies get people out of trouble, correct?"

"They do, but lies just cause more complications and problems."

"Only if you get caught telling the lies." Said Minho with another glance, the corner of his mouth tilted upwards slightly.

Jinri leaned back in her seat in defeat, her eyes remaining on the mysterious man. Fiddling with her purse, she nodded slowly, glancing out of the window. "True." Said Jinri and after a few seconds, she returned her look on him. "Where are we eating?"

"Anywhere you want. But I personally feel like eating fast foot. Burger King."

"Burger King?"

"Why? You sound a little surprised."

"Yes…No I mean normally rich people like eating expensive food."

"Are you stereotyping, Ms. Jinri?"

"No. I'm just saying...I've met a lot of rich people and they rather go for the outrageously expensive food because they can afford it. It's like once people become rich, the little things don't matter much. I mean, what celebrities pay for clothes is just insane. They go buy a shirt that cost fortune but they'll probably only wear once. They could put good use to their money, like donating or something like that. Do you donate?" Asked Jinri.

Minho wanted to say yes so she wouldn't probe for answers with his original answer of 'no.' But he just stared ahead, glancing at the red light until it turned green, his golden eyes drifting back to the cars ahead of him. "Not really." He finally answered, switching lanes.

Minho didn't get a response and he sighed inwardly, getting something into his stomach should be his main concern. He was starving and he wasn't necessarily in the mood to continue talking about meaningless things such as donating to humans.

Jinri figured Minho was too busy to find time to donate. She was sure he would do it when he felt like it. She sat quietly as he pulled into the drive-thru of Burger King, reading the menu as he rolled his window down, ordering for himself. Jinri ordered as soon as he finished his order.

Minho was taking that time to let his eyes scan over her. The necklace was gone and he assumed she stuffed it in her purse as soon as Jonghyun told her a few hours ago. As Jinri finished her order, Minho pulled up, waiting behind a van.

"So, what do you think of MHC Corporation so far?" Asked Minho quietly.

"The people are nice, at least ones that I have been able to meet." Answered Jinri.

"Did you know that there will be some traveling involved working as my assistant?"

"I did and honestly it sounds fairly exciting. I don't travel much." Said Jinri as she smiled, starting to be relaxed around the man. Came to think again, Jonghyun was likely exaggerating. Minho wasn't really all that bad. He had been decent all day with her. She didn't know anything about him but Minho seemed all right. "I'm sure I'll love working for MHC Corporation and I promise to work well."

Jinri finished as she looked at Minho, realizing he was already watching. She widened her smile as their eyes met.

Suddenly for some reason, Minho wanted to keep this one around.

 

- - - -

 

Jinri entered her apartment with a tired sigh, she slipped her shoes off and smiled when Morae ran to her, brushing up against her legs. She gladly picked him up, looking over to the living room and letting her smile widen as she recognized someone there.

"Lee Jieun, you sure make yourself at home." Teased Jinri while making her way to the couch.

Jieun smiled in response, watching her best friend take a seat. "I forgot what time you got out of work, so I just decided to sit here and wait until you popped up. So how was the first day? Any cute men besides Choi Minho? I know what that man looks like, he's handsome and all but he's not my type I guess."

Jinri chuckled. "Well...there's this guy, Jonghyun. He's very cute and he has an interesting personality." She told her.

"Hmm, maybe I should meet this very cute Jonghyun. Is he taken?" Asked Jieun.

Jinri rolled her eyes. "Sorry, I forgot to ask. Anyway, today it wasn't too bad. Minho was okay. He's a little intimidating but we somewhat broke the ice today when he took me out for lunch. Well, although I was doing most of the talking but he doesn't seem all that bad."

Jieun shook her head. "He's probably just trying to make a first good impression. Don't tr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter