Meet the boss

Lucifer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 2 – Meet the boss

 

* * * *

 

 

Jinri tossed her hair into a ponytail as she left her bathroom. She smiled instantly upon seeing her golden cat came running up to her, brushing against her legs slowly as a soft cry came out.

Jinri bent down to pick up her cat, laughing lightly as he nudged her cheek roughly. "I know, I know, you're starving. I'm sorry for always tend to forget to feed you."

As she entered her small kitchen, Jinri placed him down on the floor, getting out the bag of the cat's food as he sat impatiently next to his bowl.

"Aigoo…I don't think I'll be fit to have children if I can't remember to feed my own cat that has been with me for years. Right, Morae?"

Morae ignored her, his eyes only set on the food that was pouring into his silver bowl. Once she finished, she watched him greedily attack the food in his bowl. Jinri gently Morae from forehead to his tail. "I will start my new job tomorrow and as soon as I get my first paycheck, I'll buy you treats and everything. You deserve it, putting up with starvation half of the time." Jinri smiled when Morae looked up at her and gave a soft purr, telling her he so liked the idea before going back to enjoy his food. "Good boy."

Jinri stood up straight and looked over her shoulder when she heard the doorknob rattling. She smiled to herself, knowing that it was either her best friend or boyfriend.

"Jinri, I'm here!"

That cheerful voice could only belong to her best friend, Lee Jieun. Jinri waved at her, almost drooling when she caught the smell of the Chinese food in a plastic bag. Jieun closed the door as she made her way to her friend.

"I see you picked up some great food." Said Jinri with a pretend-touching smile on her face.

"Of course. I figured you were either too lazy to cook or didn't have anything to cook." Jieun told her the matter of fact, putting the bag on the counter. "I got everything you like, so you'll be satisfied, my dear friend."

"You're so sweet Jieun-ah. I love you." Said Jinri.

Jieun rolled her eye playfully as she giggled. "I know and I love you too, that's why I was looking at some apartments that I could get for you to--"

"Jieun…" Warned Jinri lightly, reaching into the bag. "I know you want to help me out and everything but so far I've been okay on my own."

Jieun came from a wealthy family, her father was the CEO of a trading company. Jinri met the girl in high school and ever since, they were inseparable. Jieun tended to be a spoiled brat but she was much better than most. She loved helping people out, donating money and clothes while people thought she was stuck-up and only cared about herself. They didn't know how wrong they were. As a caring best friend, Jieun sincerely wanted to help Jinri pay rent, wanted to get her a better apartment but the girl was being so damn stubborn.

Jieun let out a small, frustrated sigh. She pointed random place around them. "This tiny box you call a apartment is not okay."

"I don't have money, Jieun. It's not that bad anyway and even if it is, as long as there is a place I can sleep and eat, I'm just fine." Said Jinri as she shrugged.

Jieun sighed loudly. "Have you talked to your mom yet? I'm sure she'll help you out. There was never any reason to cut you off financially."

"Yes there was." Scoffed Jinri at the mention of her dearest mother. "My mom and I never had a great relationship and after my dad left, she didn't like looking at me since I have a lot of his features. Also, the new man she married just...ugh! I don't know why but he hated me from the start. It doesn't even surprise me if he was the one who brainwashed her to cut me off."

"Well, their loss. They are missing out on what a great girl you are." Replied Jieun with a comfort smile. "Stop talking about them. On a better note, how was your interview? Did you get the job?"

Jinri took a bite of her chicken. "I did and I start tomorrow. Oh, I'm really nervous."

"Don't be. Just be on time and you'll be just fine. There's no reason for you to get fired unless you're late or slacking." Said Jieun. "You'll be working for Choi Minho, won't you?"

"Yeah. I didn't get to meet him yet when I went in for interview but he seems....okay I guess." Said Jinri, unsure to herself. Yeah right, what if he screamed at her on her first day? She'd freak out and scream back at him and then surely she will lose her job because she didn't really know how to keep shut at time.

"Well,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter