Feel the need of something more

Lucifer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 14 – Feel the need of something more

 

* * * *

 

Jinri made her way down the crowd sidewalk with Jieun by her side. Both of them were chattering away as they held ice creams in their hands.

Jinri stopped quickly, ignoring the mumble that was thrown at her when an older man from behind nearly bumped into her, making his way around her with a small glare. She tugged on Jieun's coat sleeve, a smile spread onto her face as she pointed into the pet shop window full of different breeds of kittens. "Aren't they adorable, Jieun?"

"They are but would Morae enjoy another animal in his territory?" Asked Jieun, taking a from her ice cream. "Even if it was a female breed, I doubt he'd be ecstatic to have such a fellow companion."

Jinri smiled persuasively at her friend. "You could always get one and let me visit often."

"Oh that's just great, visiting me just because a cute animal is at my place?" Said Jieun.

Jinri rolled her eyes, sending her best friend a grin over her shoulder. "Haha funny." Her attention flew back to the excited kittens, soft meows coming from them as they placed their paws against the window. Her eyes softened. "The look irresistible and I really want one but you're right. My Morae wouldn't enjoy it at all or at least it'd take him a long time to get use to a little animal being around and getting my attention."

"No guess that he's such the spoiled cat." Said Jieun.

"But I really want one. Who can resist such a cute, innocent face that is practically sending vibes of take me, take me home?" Said Jinri as she looked at her friend with sad eyes.

"I can." Replied Jieun immediately with a look of never being a big fan of having a creature in her place that could scratch her furniture, dirty her things or soil her carpet. Sure, she adored them but just that. She wasn't one to clean up after other people or animals either.

Jinri stood up straight, giving the kittens' one last glance before smiling at her friend. "Right, you resist everything but handsome men that are up for a one night stand or a few more nights."

"Yah, Don't pull that on me." Warned lightly Jieun, finishing off her ice cream cone. "Now since you're always staying the night with Minho, why don't you convince him to get a kitten and keep it at his place?"

When Jieun brought up her lover, Jinri sighed inwardly when she remembered that she didn't see much of him in the past week. Due to meetings, photo shoots and interviews, Minho was entirely booked and they could only manage to share a glance or a few words while she was at work with him. At times, Jinri expected a peck on the cheek, at the most, but Minho never did such a thing and she assumed he wasn't an admirer of public affection.

"He doesn't seem like a pet person." Mumbled Jinri, walking away from the pet shop with Jieun.

"He doesn't seem like a relationship person either. You know, you haven't told me much about him. We're best friends." Said Jieun.

Jinri's brows drew together at the statement her friend had made. "What is there to tell?"

Jieun frowned. "Like, well, what's his favorite food? And such."

Jinri remembered the times Minho ordered food to be delivered, most of his preferred food being spicy and too spicy for her to handle. "He likes spicy food."

"Favorite music?"

"Minho is not really a fan of music." Answered Jinri, finished off her ice cream before tossing the rest of her cone in a trashcan they passed.

"Every human being is a fan of music." Said Jieun.

Jinri wouldn't necessarily call him human. She shrugged slowly. "He's so busy and everything, he doesn't really give a care to listen to much music or watch many movies. He's a simple person, I guess you could say."

"He seems like the complete opposite of Hyunwoo." Pointed out Jieun.

Jinri thought thoroughly and nodded slightly. "He is…a little. No, a lot. But what did you mean by he doesn't seem like a relationship person?"

Jieun shrugged casually. "It's Choi Minho we are talking about here, a womanizer, billionaire extraordinarily. I expected you to have a little fun with him but not keep it up."

Jinri sent her friend a disapproval look. "I'm not one for one night stands. I'm serious in our relationship."

Jieun sighed. "Well, I actually expected a little something to happen between you two but you're letting it last longer than I expected. Again, Choi Minho, a well-known womanizer. He can snap his finger and random women will fall from the ceiling or from their stalking hiding post to be at his feet, begging him to take them first."

Jinri stopped looking at her friend with a roll of her eyes. "Cute imagination Lee Jieun."

"Yah a cute, somewhat realistic imagination, my dear."

 

- - - -

 

A day later, Jinri had finally made time for her father to visit. She sat with him and Jinwoo at their favorite restaurant that their father took them to often when he lived with them. Her brother laughed at a comment their father made about the misbehaving children that were running around noisily.

Jinwoo took a bite of his food as his small eyes darted to his sister. "Dad, did you hear that noona is seeing someone new now?"

Her father simply took a sip of his drink, his brows rising in inquisitiveness. His eyes went between the two siblings. "What happened to Hyunwoo?"

"Long and such boring story." Jinwoo answered for his sister, waving his hand. "But he's been replaced by Choi Minho, of all people. You've ever heard of him right?"

"Geez, thank you Choi Jinwoo." Murmured Jinri, giving her talkative brother a glaring glance.

"Not really that much of him I've heard but is this Choi Minho the same with the man you're working for? Well, I happened to like Hyunwoo, a lot. I was certain that you two were going to be together forever." Said her father.

Jinri shrugged her shoulders, a tiny smile coming to her lips. "Well, things change and not all relationships last. And yes dad, he is my boss and also the one I'm currently seeing."

Jinwoo nodded and a teasing grin came into play. "They've been together for some time now. So, are you screwing him? How is he?" As soon as the question ended, in return he received two smacks to the back of his head and he glared at the both of them, not finding the question inappropriate at all. It was an innocent question and he enjoyed knowing his sister's business. He was her brother after all and he had the right to know everything.

Their father smiled slightly, giving his attention back to his daughter. Jinri took a bite of her food before looking up at him. He looked good and he looked happy. She knew that their father didn't necessarily want a divorce from their mother but temptation and curiosity got the better of him and infidelity turned into the main reason behind the divorce. He was currently single but eager to get out and date. Jinri was sure that it wouldn't take long for him to meet someone new, for he was a handsome man with warm brown eyes, a tall figure and a good-looking smile that caught the attention of many women. His eyes smile was something that Jinri inherited from him and one of her best features.

"He's good to you, isn't he? I've heard several times that he comes off as a jackass and the last thing you need is a prick in your life, Jinri." Said her father, sincerity of his caring reflected in his eyes.

Jinri laughed lightly, recognizing the protective tone coming from his voice. "That's true that he can be a rude, harsh man but he never shows that side of himself to me."

Her father smiled in relief. "That's what I want to hear. Do I see a marriage in the future? Wow, my little girl marrying a billionaire."

"A hot billionaire at that." Added Jinwoo.

Why her father had to ask this question while she was drinking her water? She was coughing as she choked up at the question, her eyes watering as she calmed herself down and cleared . Jinri cleared once more before responding, "Marriage? Dad, you're clearly thinking too far ahead."

"You'd have good-looking children with him."

"Way too far ahead." Said Jinri a bit louder. "Now let's change the topic, shall we? Let's talk about how Jinwoo managed to fail his math test."

Jinwoo glared at his sister, displeasure in his eyes. "Thanks noona."

 

- - - -

 

Jinri cursed under her breath as she stood in front of the pop machine, frowning when the machine took her money but it gave her nothing in return. She kicked the blasted thing and smiling in victory when she heard her chosen drink coming to her. After retrieved her drink, Jinri turned around but nearly jumping

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter