Chapter 2

Baby, Can't You Sea?

"MATCH SET" the referee called from his position next to the net. Himchan walked towards the bench, put the towel over his head and chugged his gatorade bottle. Leaning his head back he could see Yongguk dressed as Tako-mato the Squid, jumping up and down in front of their classmates. The crowd was roaring and everyone started cheering for Tako Academy. Loud cheers from the other side of gymnasium caused everyone to look over. Himchan scoffed as he watched Zelo the Octopus breakdancing next to a large cartoonish boombox. Looking back over to his friend the mascot he had to try to contain his laughter, how could everyone be so oblivious to the fact that Tako-mato was practically inking over the sight of the young octopus. A tap on the shoulder caused Himchan to look over.

"You ready?" perfect teethed, school president, Kim Junmyeon asked him as he began to put his bottle away.

"You set." Himchan said as he stood up.

"You spike." Junmyeon affirmed with a lopsided grin. The referee blew the whistle and the players walked back to the court.


"I can't wait to crush that senior's dreams when we kick their at the game tonight." Youngjae teased Junhong in a baby voice.

"Hey! I do not sound like that." the blue octopus turned around and hit him with a tentacle.

"You're just sad because the red squid beat you in a crowd cheering contest."

"I'm sad because we lost the game." the mascot responded in a muffled voice. True, he lost the crowd cheering contest against Tako-mato, but he will win next time. He'd been working on a new routine with the cheerleaders, and the next game was a football game. The game may have ended for today, but he had a whole year to battle with that senior squidizen before it left.


Tako Academy won the game 25-23.

Half of the gymnasium was in silence, trying to hold in the tears because they refused to appear weak in front of their enemy. But on this side? This side was jamming slightly quieter than the after party at the pizza and ice cream parlor after school. The team finally placed Himchan back on the floor, they had lifted him up in joy since he had spiked the winning point. Now Himchan was happily making out with Jongup in celebration. The red squid looked back over to the losing side where the blue octopus was now sadly wandering, allowing its tentacles to drag behind it. 

"Watcha looking at Tako-mato the red squid?" Jongup grinned with swollen lips, his arm wrapped around his sweaty boyfriend.

"You wanna go comfort your little boyfriend." Himchan teased, out of breath from either the game or the kiss.

"He is not my boyfriend," Yongguk said, flailing is tentacles in embarrassment.

"But you still wanna comfort him, c'mon Bbang, he's got another two years to win games, this is your last year." his best friend responded before dragging him to the locker room to get changed. Looking behind as best as he could in the costume, he wondered what Zelo the mascot looked like without the costume. Well, besides .

"You're lucky you're with me because I don't think anyone else would be too thrilled to hear your dirty fantasies about the octopus." Himchan said as he opened the door to the locker room.

"Sh-Shut up!" the red squid squeaked in embarrassment, hitting his friend with a strategically angled tentacle.


Authors Note:

EIGHT SUBSCRIBERS IN ONE DAY FOR THIS STORY AND I POSTED CHAPTER 1 YESTERDAY!! I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!! **huggles and kisses for you amazing BABYs** 

*\(^_^)/*

- DemonProcrastiNerd