Chapter 4

Baby, Can't You Sea?

"Daehyunnie!"
"Jonguppie!"
The two friends ran towards each other in what seemed to be slow motion through a field of flowers and sunshine until they finally hugged. Daehyun ruffled the other's hair with a lopsided grin, Jongup squealed with delight. Their respective boyfriends groaned at the two happy friends, and Yongguk adjusted his sunglasses and pulled his hood a little lower in hopes that no one would recognize them.
Youngjae and Himchan stared at each other, and cautiously shook hands as if they were on the field and about to play a game. Their boyfriends watching their movements like referees preparing to stop any brawls. 
"Hey, where are my cherry tomatoes? You promised me, Youngjae." A tall boy said as he trudged behind the two from Calamari. His was dyed a dark blue, and a patterned bandana was pulled just below his chin.
"Junhongie, you made it. They're right here." Youngjae exclaimed as he took a packet of cherry tomatoes out of a shopping bag. The tall boy hesitated, but took the bag and looked at Yongguk, who's red hair was like a red stop sign.
"That's right, you two have never met! This is our friend Junhong, he is a year younger than me." Daehyun said, wrapping an arm around the sophomore.
"This is Yongguk, he's a senior and Channie's best friend." Jongup smiled back, gesturing to his friend.
"Looks like someone got some serious school spirit." The sophpomore smirked as he nodded towards Yongguk.
"I should say the same to you." the senior snapped back.


"And we're at the bottom of the sixth inning, bases loaded. StarTown is in the lead 4 to 3. What will Calamari High's captain, Namjoon, do now?" the announcer said over the buzzing speakers of the stadium.


"Cherry tomato?" the younger offered Yongguk as they sat in the bleachers, not paying attention to the game.
"Thanks," The senior said as he took the tomato and popped it in his mouth. About halfway through the first inning Yongguk's government paper and turned into a rap about corrupt politicians and injustice. Junhong had leaned over and read the rap out loud, which resulted in the two talking about rhythms and rhymes, the senior's paper long forgotten.
"Ah, hyung, can you hold my tomatoes. I gotta go do something. I'll see you in a few." Junhong stood up and left, leaving the cherry tomatoes on Yongguk's lap.
"Wow," Youngjae whistled in amusement, "Junhong doesn't normally talk to people he's met the first time, let alone share his tomatoes with them. You two seem to have hit it off pretty well."
Yongguk shrugged and refocused his attention to his government paper when all of a sudden the seventh inning was about to begin and the crowd began to cheer. Zelo the Octopus was creeping around the field, dancing around and getting the cheerleaders over the dugout to start yelling a new cheer. It seemed the Octopus was still angry from losing the game on Friday because his steps seemed a bit louder than usual. By the end of the inning, Calamari was in the lead 9 to 5.
Junhong came back a little after the eighth inning began. His cheeks were a light pink and his eyes seemed much more determined than before. Yongguk handed the cherry tomatoes back to the other, but didn't ask what had taken him so long since Junhong began cheering for his school. Calamari won the game 12 to 7.


After the game, the six decided to head to the pizza parlor by the boardwalk. The all packed themselves around one table in the corner of the room. Youngjae, who somehow had a confetti popper on him (according to Daehyun, Youngjae was prepared for everything. Himchan had scoffed at that, earning a slap from Jongup), yelled "TO VICTORY!" and Yongguk added, "To our schools meeting once more on the field!" They all cheered and began grabbing slices from the two pies they had ordered.
Junhong was staring at Yongguk, who pretended not to notice until he looked up after his third slice, causing the younger to look away.
"What?" he asked.
"I was just thinking, do you wanna hang sometime? I mean- your rap was really good and maybe we could make some rhymes together?"
"Sure." Yongguk smiled as they exchanged numbers.
"You know, for a tako, you're not all that bad."
"Neither are you, calamari."
Their happy moment was interrupted by Himchan yelling, "Hey Junhong, you ready for the soccer game next Thursday? Its Tako vs Calamari."
"Hell yeah, I can't wait to wipe that squid's with his own tentacle when we have a crowd cheering contest." the younger grinned. Yongguk choked on his soda and looked at sophomore, "Wait, you're Zelo?!"
"Yeah, why did you think I left at the end of the sixth inning?" Junhong raised an eyebrow.


"Bye, hyung! Maybe I'll see you at the next Calamari vs Tako game?" the blue haired boy waved goodbye as everyone parted ways in front of the pizza parlor.
"You bet." Yongguk said halfheartedly as he watched the sophomore walk home. He had met the face behind the mascot, and not only was he awesome and really hot...
...the kid unknowingly hated his guts. 

 


Author's Note:

To all my darling subscribers, I LOVE YOU ALL SO FRICKING MUCH AHH THANK YOU FOR READING <333