Chapter 8

Baby, Can't You Sea?

"Stop inking, it's gonna get in my food." Youngjae said, looking to his friend. The octopus seemed to have a depressing cloud of black ink around him. Junhong grumbled with discontentment, stupid squid, stupid dancing, stupid- he smiled slightly as he thought of Yongguk, who was probably enjoying a lunch of champions right now.

"What was that? Was that a smile?" Daehyun gasped as he sat down with his lunch tray filled with as much as he could stomach after a near win that turned out to be a loss. Junhong rolled his eyes at his friend and waved him off, poking at the takoyaki in his lunch tray. He wondered what Yongguk had wanted to ask him the night before as the request for winning the bet, but instead the elder had temporarily put it off to the side, his cheeks red. Was it something embarrassing? Or maybe something stupid like a favor or...

"Hey princess, what's go you looking happier all of a sudden?" Daehyun asked.

"I bet its Yongguk, isn't it. That's why you've been eating cherry tomatoes more often, because it reminds of tako aca-" Youngjae grinned only to be interrupted by the blushing sophomore.

"Shut up, it's not like that Youngjae."

"Sure it's not." Daehyun rolled his eyes, "Please, you two are in your own little world when you're together. You like him, don't you."

A muffled "do not," came from the youngest as he stuffed his mouth with takoyaki, after gulping it down he stood up and said, "Besides, he knows the mascot. I can't just date someone who knows my arch nemesis."

"So you do like him?" Youngjae said.

The younger rolled his eyes and stormed out of the cafeteria, fed up with his friends' stupidity. The two boyfriends looked at each other, they had always thought that Junhong was the sharpest of the three, but it seemed like they were wrong in this case. Was the octopus seriously so dense as to not realise that Yongguk was the squid himself?



"Oh, he totally is." Himchan said with a smirk to his boyfriend. Jongup grinned in agreement as they both stared down the red head.

"I am not asking him out at the bowling match." Yongguk glared as he chomped on a calamari bite.

"Look, our bowling team . They will win," Jongup pointed out before adding, "besides, I don't want you to do anything stupid on my soccer field."

"Your soccer field? How am I supposed to ask him out any way?" Yongguk said before correcting himself, "I mean if I did. I'm obviously not going to. I mean he doesn't know I'm tako-mato."

"Yeah you sure are dating a bright one aren't you, even Dae and Jae figured it out." Jongup muttered before his boyfriend began arguing with him about friendliness between Jongup and Youngjae. Yongguk and Jongup were used to Himchan's possessiveness, but jealousy was something relatively new. Although Jongup seemed to find it amusing when Himchan acted immature.

"So anyway," Jongup said as fended off his jealous Channie single-handedly, "I think you should text him when the game ends and be like 'can I tell you my request now' and then intertwine tentacles or something."

The red haired senior kicked his friend under the table, "I'll be in my mascot uniform, how would I text him?"

"So you are going to do it." Himchan began to grin. Yongguk raise his hand is surrender, half a noodle hanging out of his mouth. The three friends all leaned in closer to each other as they planned out the next evening.



"Anyone who ever says being mascot is easy should fill in for me sometime." Yongguk groaned as he peeled off a heating pack from his back. Yongnam snickered, his pitching arm still in a sling for good measure, "I don't think anyone would say that in our school."

Yongguk rolled his eyes as he put on the mascot costume. He didn't know if he could stand this for the whole game. He had received a text from Junhong, who was stuck in mascot mode the whole game. Yongguk had said it was fine, but he hoped Junghong didn't go looking for him during the game... The octopus might realise that the squid next to him was actually the person he was looking for, but that was a risk he was willing to take. 



"ALLLLLLLLRIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT. WHO'S READY FOR SOME BOOOOOOOWLIIIIING!!!" Kim Kibum's voice brought the whole room into a loud cheer. 

"LET'S WELCOME TO THE ALLEY, CALAMARI HIIIIIIIGH!" The whole room shook from the loud cheering, the octopus rapidly creeping its way around the bowling alley before settling somewhere near where its team was huddled together.

"AND NOOOOW FOR TAKOOOOOOOOOOOOO ACADEMYYYYYY" Tako-mato forward rolled out after the team, causing several cheers. There was loud hooting and stomping until everyone settled down and the game began.



Tako Academy had won in getting the most gutter balls possible in a game. If there was an award for that, it would have been the only award they would receive after that defeat. Calamari was cheering loudly and Zelo was swirling around with happiness, if octopi could ink sparkles. 
"Hey, squid-kid." Himchan poked his friend from behind and gestured for a clear path to go to the back room.



The Tako Academy crowd had already abandoned the premise and likely had went to the ice cream parlor. Junhong was hanging out with his group of friends as the rest of the classmates and the team began clearing out of the alley.

The sophomore felt his phone buzzing, and he looked to see that it was Yongguk calling him. He picked up, "Hyung?"

"You can be informal with me, you know." the warm voice chuckled back.

"Oh- uh. Hi, Yongguk." Youngjae looked over to his friend with a grin but remained silent.

"So, remember that bet we made?"

"Yeah, why you know what you want?"

"Yeah," the other voice said breathlessly, "turn around?"

The younger complied and turned around to see the older in jeans and a hoodie, holding a small bouquet of flowers.

"Yongguk-"

"Wait. Uhm...You wanna go hang?"

"I dunno, you look like you have something important to take care of." Junhong responded as he stood up and walked to the other, only to get the bouquet of flowers pushed into his hands.

"WILLYOUGOOUTWITHME." Yongguk sputtered.

"Huh?"

"Will you...go out..with me?" the older stammered slower before quickly adding, "on a date."

"That's...."

"My command- uh request." Yongguk looked up into the younger's eyes, "Just one. I mean unless you want to go on others after. But just- gimme...a chance?"

Someone hooted loudly from behind the two, probably Youngjae. The two mascots chuckled awkwardly before looking back at each other. Yongguk kept shifting his gaze from Junhong's eyes to his own feet. 

"This isn't because your team lost, is it?"

"W-what, no of course not. I-"

"I'm just kidding Yongguk, of course I'll come," Junghong chuckled as he kissed the older on the cheek,"So, where are you taking me?"

 

 


ProcrastiNote: I LOVE ALL OF YOU SO MUCH. I know I haven't been on lately but APs are over and I don't have finals until next month. I'll do my best to update soon. **dances around**