Chapter 3

Baby, Can't You Sea?

 Junhong walked into school on Monday dressed like he was going to a funeral. If Calamari lost a game then he would go all depressed octopus and appear to surrounded by a cloud of black ink. Somewhere along the line Youngjae  spread the rumour that Zelo the Octopus wrote the best cheers/raps during this time, and so no one was to disturb him.

"You look like hell." Youngjae said the sophomore walked into their homeroom.

"Feel like it too. When's the next game?"

"Today is the softball game against StarTown Prep, don't tell me you forgot?"

"Ugh, I don't wanna go." Junhong lightly hit his head on the desk and groaned. He was in no mood to deal with that glittery mascot, every game it was a different person. He like consistency of mascots, it made interactions somewhat easier, even if you didn't know who was underneath.

"Please, I'm going to end up third wheeling since Dae wants to hang out with Jongup."

"I don't wanna hear about Tako until we have a game with them."

"I don't care, we're going."

"Absolutely not."

"There will be cute boys?"

"Don't care."

"There might be a cute boy who will feed you cherry tomatoes?" The senior suggested in attempt to convince his friend.

"No."

"I'll buy you cherry tomatoes so you can stuff yourself silly with lycopene."

"Fine...but make sure they're ripe. If they're still green or taste bad, I'm out." The sophomore muttered before sitting up as the bell rang to start the day.


BANG. Yongguk stared at the pole he had just walked into. Himchan was hysterically laughing as he tried to drag his friend across the street to their school. 

"Well someone's in dream land."

"Oh shut up, Channie." Youngguk rolled his eyes as he pulled away from his friend and began heading to their lockers.

"Thinking about someone? A blue someone perhaps?" Himchan grinned as he leaned beside his best friend's locker. Yongguk blushed but didn't bother to humor his friend with the obvious reason. Since he didn't respond, he continued, "Speaking of a blue someone, Jonguppie is taking me to the Calamari vs StarTown softball game tonight. You wanna come?"

"Why would I wanna go?"

"Put it this way, if they win, we get to play them at the next match," Himchan smirked.

"And you might be able to meet the face under the mascot." Jongup said as he walked over and secured his arm around his boyfriend's waist.
Yongguk hesitated. He had a Forensics test on Wednesday, and a Government paper due tomorrow. If he went to the softball game he might not have time to write the paper. But at the same time the chances of meeting the blue octopus was tempting. He glanced at his iPhone, he could always do his homework on his phone and then print it out in the morning. Besides, we wasn't much of a softball fan anyway.

"Alright fine, I'll go as long as you don't tell the octopus that I'm the squid." Yongguk relented as the three headed to their homeroom.

"You look like slept well, you've gotten laid yet?" Jongup jabbed Yongguk in the ribs lightly.

"Yeah, in his dreams with an eight tentacled- OW." Himchan exclaimed as his best friend stomped on his foot, "WHY AM I ALWAYS THE ONE GETTING HIT?!"

"Want me to kiss it better?" Jongup teased before running ahead to catch up with Yongguk. Daehyun had texted him before hand saying that he had successfully convinced the octopus to go to the game. Apparently the plan was to go on a sort of but not really triple date. Now if only their boyfriends could get along...


Author's note: 15 SUBSCRIBERS AHHH I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH THANK YOU <333