Just This Once (SinB/Yerin)

Chasing After Time

A/N: A (very) belated birthday to justgfriend. I was going to write you a couple of drabbles about different ships, but you know that my heart is bound by SinRin. I hope you like this! I should be sleeping lmao (and so should you).

The context is GFriend's paper kissing game, where Yerin was sad that nobody wanted to partner up with her.


“You’re not still upset about the paper game, are you?” Sinbi asks.

“Hey, I have every right to be upset, okay?” Yerin says, crossing her arms over her chest.

“Unnie, you bite us on a daily basis. I think it’s reasonable we’re kind of nervous to have your mouth near our face.”

“Really?” Yerin asks, and suddenly she’s right next to Sinbi, said mouth an inch from her cheek. Her breath stirs Sinbi’s hair when she speaks, and Sinbi has to fight back a shiver. “You’re nervous now then?”

Sinbi clears . “Well, I’m not. But I’m different. Sojung unnie probably wants to put a muzzle on you.”

“Sojung unnie shouldn’t talk, with how hard she hits us.”

“Well, everyone has their kinks,” Sinbi says airily. “You can’t really judge her for hers when yours isn’t any better.”

“So you don’t like it when I bite you then?” Yerin asks innocently, thumb trailing absently over a spot under Sinbi’s collarbone, just low enough that it wouldn’t show in their stage clothes.

Sinbi suddenly becomes very interested in a dust mote floating around the ceiling. “I didn’t say that.”

“Am I making you nervous?” Yerin teases. “Should I tone down my intensity?”

Sinbi groans. “I’m never going to say anything about you on shows again if you keep using my words against me.”

Yerin grins. “Are you sure you can stop yourself from talking about me?”

“Please, it’s not like—”

“Not like what?” Yerin asks curiously when Sinbi suddenly breaks off in the middle of her sentence.

It’s not like my life revolves around you, Sinbi was about to say, but for some reason she found herself stopping before she finished those words. “You talk about me a lot too,” she says instead.

“Of course I do,” Yerin says, unabashed. “You’re – how did you put it? – different. You’re special.”

She gives Sinbi that smile of hers then, the smile that is just for her, that the cameras and fans have never had the privilege of seeing. Sinbi has a sudden urge to take a picture of that smile, just so she can keep it somewhere besides the fragile vessel of her memories, beyond the fleeting frame of this moment. She has no intention of sharing the picture – she doesn’t want anyone but herself to see it, not even the other members – but she wants to be able to take it out again when she feels weary to the bone, when the hunger and exhaustion and homesickness suffocate her. Yerin has always been the balm to her wounds, the breath of fresh air after being locked in the confines of idolhood.

She’s heard many stories of idol groups being tired of each other, wanting to get away, to be apart when they can, but she has never felt that way about her members. Sure, sometimes she wants to press the mute button on Eunha or lock Sojung in a closet but she loves all of them with an intensity that she didn’t think she was capable of. She loves Yerin with an intensity that she didn’t think she was capable of, and it’s no coincidence that she used that word to describe Yerin.

“Bi?” Yerin asks hesitantly. “What are you thinking about?”

“You,” escapes Sinbi’s mouth before she can think about it. She isn’t sure she would have given a different answer anyway.

“So, like usual,” Yerin says. “See, you can’t even stop yourself from thinking about me. Are you sure you can stop yourself from talking about me?”

“It’s different,” Sinbi says, seriously. “When I think about you, or talk about you to the members, it’s about you. When I talk about you on camera, it’s not just you.”

That didn’t really come out the way she intended, but Yerin nods with a look of complete understanding. She’s always been able to get Sinbi. “None of us on camera are just us.” She tilts her head to the side. “Isn’t that nice, in a way?”

“Is it?”

“Yeah, it means that they never get to see the real you.” Yerin grins again, dimples popping out. “Only we get to.”

Only I get to, Sinbi hears very clearly.

“I guess that is kind of nice,” she says contemplatively, thinking of how she wants to be the only one to see and own that picture of Yerin’s smile. She’s broken out of her thoughts abruptly and painfully when Yerin’s teeth meet her head. “Ow, unnie!”

Yerin flashes her a bright smile. “Just want to make sure you haven’t forgotten what my intensity feels like.”

“I don’t think anyone can forget what it feels like to be attacked by a vampire,” Sinbi says, scowling and rubbing her head. “One of these days, you’re going to chip a tooth.”

“Don’t worry about me, Bi. I have very strong teeth.”

“Well, I have a very strong skull.”

“Don’t I know that,” Yerin says, smiling as she leans in for a kiss.

Amazingly, she keeps her teeth to herself. Not that Sinbi would have minded, just this once.