Ready If You Are (SinB/Umji)

Chasing After Time

A/N: Just a little UmB drabble inspired by this gif:

download.jsp?FileID=40580717


If you ask Sinbi what being Kim Umji’s manager is like, she’d tell you that it’s really a lot like being a bodyguard, a getaway driver and an usher all in one.

If you ask Sinbi what being Kim Yewon’s friend is like, she’d have a lot more to tell you but she’s not interested in doing so. She’s not interested in sharing Yewon.

Sinbi crosses her arms over her chest. “You’re too nice to the fans. Didn’t the last encounter with the sasaengs teach you anything?”

Yewon raises an eyebrow. “That you can drive like a Hollywood stunt driver? And wouldn’t mind knocking down traffic cones in the process?”

Sinbi shrugs. “Well, I have many talents," she says, unabashed. “Plus, how else was I gonna get you away from the crazies?”

“They’re still my fans,” Yewon says, because she’s like that, always so appreciative and grateful. Sinbi doesn’t know how she can do it, how she can always see the light in the darkest of corners. But then again, she wouldn’t be Yewon if she didn’t.

“I guess if they’re going to be crazy over something, at least it’s you.”

Yewon laughs. “Thanks? You give the…most interesting compliments.”

Sinbi shrugs. “I’m just an interesting person.”

“You sure are,” Yewon says with a smile.

“Now come on,” Sinbi says briskly, all back to business. “We have another schedule and another crowd to brave. Are you ready?”

Yewon hefts the strap of her bag over her shoulder. “Ready if you are.”

“I was born ready,” Sinbi says, wrapping an arm around Yewon’s shoulders and absorbing the wave of her laughter.