My Answer Is You (SinB/Yerin)

Chasing After Time

A/N: Inspired by SinB's troubles with winking.


“Unnie,” Sinbi whines. “I can’t do it.”

“You can,” Yerin encourages through a mouthful of Pepero. “Come on, you just have to try a couple more times.”

“I’ve been trying for the past hour!”

“I’ve seen you practice a dance move for a lot longer than that.”

Sinbi frowns. “But dancing is different.”

Yerin finishes chewing and swallows. “Yes, yes, it’s the love of your life.”

“No, it’s not that—”

“It’s not the love of your life?” Yerin brightens and straightens up. “Have I moved up in the list?”

Sinbi just rolls her eyes. “You wish.” Her brow furrows. “Wait, what list?”

“The list of things you love. Have I replaced dancing as number one?”

“Who said that dancing is number one?”

Yerin’s smile would probably have made some fans dazed. Sinbi is totally unaffected by it though. Definitely. “So I’ve always been number one?”

“You wish,” Sinbi snorts.

“I do,” Yerin says with a pout.

“Well.” Sinbi pauses. “Am I yours?”

“Are you mine, as in do you belong to me?” Yerin grins. “I’d like to think so.”

Sinbi reaches over to swat Yerin, who ducks agilely. “That was not my question.”

“And yet I gave you an answer anyway. You’re welcome.”

Sinbi seizes the box of Pepero from Yerin’s lap. “Answer the question.”

Yerin looks at her with wide, innocent eyes. “What was it again?”

“Where am I on your list?”

Yerin’s guileless expression doesn’t change. “What list?”

Unnie.”

“I can’t answer that with you holding my Pepero hostage. I’m too hungry to think clearly.”

Sinbi’s face scrunches up. Normally, she likes Yerin’s playfulness, but it also means that she’s such. a. tease. Sinbi could strangle her sometimes.

“Okay, okay, I give,” Yerin says. “Don’t use that face against me.”

“What face?” Sinbi asks, genuinely confused.

“Your aegyo face.”

“I don’t have one.” Sinbi really doesn’t need to tell Yerin how much she dislikes aegyo; Yerin knows perfectly well and never hesitates to use it against her.

“You don’t do aegyo, but you have aegyo.”

“What about you?”

“Like, do you do me or have me? Because both could—”

“Jung Yerin!” Sinbi is so flustered that she forgoes the ‘unnie’ for once.

“You’re saying my last name so loud, it’s like you want it.” Yerin gives a playful smile. “I would say Jung Eunbi has a nice ring to it, but that’s Eunha’s name, so…”

“So you’d have to take my name,” Sinbi says, trying to quell the fire still in her cheeks. “I think Hwang Yerin sounds nice.”

Yerin looks thoughtful. “I’ll consider it.” She stretches out her hand and wiggles her fingers. “Where’s my ring? You’re going to give me one, right? You can’t just propose to me with thin air.”

Sinbi blinks. She’d give Yerin a ring if she had one, but she has no way of magically producing one. “I can do a dance for you,” she offers.

Yerin’s eyes glint. “What kind of dance?”

She ducks the box of Pepero thrown at her head with deadly precision. Even though it didn’t even graze her, she rubs her head with a pout, like Sinbi had landed a solid hit on her.

“Are you trying to kill your fiancée?”

“So you accept?” Sinbi asks happily.

“How could I when you gave such a grand gesture of affection?” Yerin says wryly. “Nothing says ‘I love you’ like a box of Pepero thrown at your head.”

Sinbi kisses her temple. “I lo—like you.” Her blush returns, although it’s more warm than hot this time. “Is that better?”

Yerin’s smile is softer this time, sweeter. “Loads better. If only you could pair it with a wink.”

Sinbi groans. “I’ve been trying to practice! And you’re supposed to help me but you’re just distracting me.”

“You love being distracted by me,” Yerin says, unfazed.

“You can’t be the first one to make fun of my winking and then not even help me with it.”

“Sure I can,” Yerin says and, upon Sinbi’s glare, amends, “I’ve been trying to help you. It’s not my fault your facial muscles won’t cooperate.”

Sinbi tries for a more intense glare, but her facial muscles won’t cooperate with that either and she just ends up sighing. “I’ll never be able to wink at this rate.”

“You can do it,” Yerin encourages. “I’ve seen you pull off some amazing things through practice.”

“Those were dance moves, and dancing is—”

“—different,” Yerin finishes.

“Yes.”

“Why is it? You never answered me last time.”

Sinbi snorts. “Because you were so busy proclaiming yourself as the love of my life.”

“Am I not? I’m taking your name here. You’d better not have some other love lurking out there.” Sinbi laughs, and Yerin pouts. “You don’t, right Bi? You’re not holding out on me, are you?”

Sinbi gives her an incredulous look. “What do you think? That I have another girlfriend?”

“I mean, you’re in a group of girlfriends.”

She might have laughed if she weren’t busy gaping at Yerin. “So are you!”

“That’s why I’m concerned,” Yerin says. “I’m just one of many girlfriends.”

“Well, you’re my only girlfriend, so.”

“Fiancée?” Yerin asks hopefully, like she’s the one proposing now.

Sinbi narrows her eyes. “We’ll see. I have to think about it.”

“I’m a great winker.” Yerin winks exaggeratedly as if to prove her point and throws a heart at Sinbi, who dodges as if evading an actual projectile.

“You’re a terrible winking teacher.” Sinbi wrinkles her nose. “I’m going to find Yewonnie.”

“You’re just saying tha—wait. Hey!” Yerin calls after her as she walks to the door. “Jung-Hwang Eunbi!”

Sinbi doesn’t remember agreeing to their names being hyphenated, but it could work as a compromise. Jung-Hwang Eunbi doesn’t sound so bad…


A/N: Jung-Hwang Eunbi makes it sound like she’s JeTi’s kid hahahha. (She takes after Jung, of course.) I’m forever Surfer trash, don’t mind me.