Six - Decision

You're the One for Me (Side Story 1)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Love is a decision - not an emotion”
Unknown

 

(Please reread some previous chapters before you read this. I know you must forget what has happened in this story lol...)

Jonghyun sighed deeply then walked slowly towards his car. He just met Minhyuk to ask him about Yoona’s whereabouts. He came to SKKU every day to ask him that. But Minhyuk still didn’t know where she was. He just got news that Yoona took a leave…again…but for three weeks this time.

It was more than two weeks since she left. She suddenly took a leave for medication reason right after that night. He did call her nonstop, but she didn’t answer it all. He even went to her apartment two times a day. But he couldn’t find her in her apartment too. He did that for almost three days before he finally remembered her message…

Just give me time…

She stated it clearly that she needed times.

He already confessed his feeling towards her and she said she loved him too. But he understood why she chose to leave. He then decided not to force her and gave her time. But he still came to SKKU to check her whereabouts through Minhyuk.

Jonghyun took a deep breath again after he entered his car.

He was so sad when he found out she left him the morning after that night. But she must be so hurt until she still needed times to heal and rearrange her feeling. He regretted everything he did to her. And he didn’t want to force her to forgive him easily this time.

But suddenly his phone vibrated. It was from Minhyuk.

I don’t know if you need this or not, but this is Yoona Noona’s family address. You can check her there. Good luck, Hyung.

Jonghyun was stunned by that. It never passed in his mind to search her family address. And Minhyuk gave him that address out of sudden even though he didn’t ask it. And he felt so touched by what Minhyuk did. But he was not sure…

Is it okay for me to come there?

He asked himself inwardly.

He was afraid Yoona would refuse to meet him if he went there.

But it was already more than two weeks. And he was so damned worried.

It’s okay if she doesn’t want to meet me. As long as she is okay, then I’ll be okay too. I just want to make sure she is fine…there…

He decided to go to her family’s address in the end. He really just wanted to make sure her condition.

 

 

It took almost one hour to finally arrive in front of Yoona’s house. Jonghyun felt his heart suddenly beat rapidly the moment he went out of his car. He felt so nervous.

It was not the first time for him to go meet a girl’s parents. He did that to all his ex-girlfriends before. But this one was so different. He didn’t know why. It seemed like the guilty feeling was the main factor of this nervousness. He was such a jerk to Yoona all this time.

Let’s just make sure she is okay first…he cheered himself inwardly.

He walked slowly then after he was right in front of the main door, he took a deep breath again. He then pressed the bell as his heart kept beating rapidly.

Not long after that, the door was opened from inside. A woman who had similar vibes with Yoona appeared in front of him.

“Annyeong haseyo~ Lee Jonghyun imnida.” Jonghyun introduced himself immediately. “I’m…Yoona’s friend…” he added carefully, suddenly felt so unconfident.

“Ahh ne~ annyeong haseyo. I’m Yoona’s Eonni.” She looked so puzzled by Jonghyun’s arrival. “Ohh, please come in…” but she managed her expression right away after that and invited him to in.

“Ne~ kamsahamnida…”

It took several minutes until Yoona’s eonni came again and brought a cup of tea for him who was waiting in the living room.

“I’m so sorry for suddenly coming here. I just…I just want to know how Yoona is…” Jonghyun decided to just tell her the real reason for him to be there to the point without prolog. “I can’t…reach her…at all…” he couldn’t help to feel so guilty when he was saying that.

Yoona’s eonni didn’t reply him right away. It made Jonghyun looking up to her, worriedly.

She just stunned as she was looking at his eyes directly. Jonghyun suddenly felt so nervous because of that again. It was like she was digging into his soul deeply.

But then Yoona’s eonni suddenly let out her sigh. Jonghyun didn’t need to be a mind reader to know that she must be realized it already. He was a part of Yoona’s reason to run away…

“Actually, she didn’t tell us where she is too.” she started explaining. “She just said that she is taking a leave for two weeks and would spend her vacation somewhere.”

THUMP!!!

Jonghyun couldn’t help to feel so relieved by hearing that. At least she told her sister that she was vacationing somewhere. She didn’t do something stupid.

 “When did – the last time she call?” Jonghyun couldn’t hold himself to ask further.

Her sister looked at him again before said, “Last night…”

God…Jonghyun shouted inwardly as he suddenly felt so weak. His heart skipped a beat for seconds after hearing that. He closed his eyes in relieved.

Thanks God…she is fine…

And when he opened his eyes again, he saw her eonnie was looking at him deeper. She didn’t say anything until he felt so nervous again and didn’t have a choice except sipped his tea in the end.

“You’re looked so miserable.” She stated in the end after some minutes in silent.

Jonghyun just smiled bitterly because of that.

“Just have a rest. Don’t worry, my sister is fine.” She added calmly.

“Ne~ kamsahamnida.” he then decided to tell his gratitude. Because of her, he finally could feel at ease.

“It seems like you know the reason why she suddenly running away like this.” Her eonnie kept saying something that is not a question, until Jonghyun was so confused how to respond her.

“Don’t worry, I won’t ask further.” She added again, as if she could read his thought at that time. “You’re both are not kids. I won’t interfere your problem.”

Jonghyun was so glad hearing that. He really didn’t know how to answer it if she asked further.

“I assume you know that uri dongsaeng is so stubborn.” Once again, she said something that is not a question.

But Jonghyun needed to say something this time since she was waiting for his answer. So, he took a deep breath before said, “Ne~ I know it very well.”

“It’s good then. You do know that she is very stubborn and yet you’re still worrying her like this.” She said as she was letting out her sigh. “I don’t know what happened between you too. But I hope you’ll solve it soon.”

“Ne~ I’ll try my best.” Jonghyun said in a weak tone, suddenly felt so unconfident again.

“Let her take her time for awhile. Don’t force her or she will act harder to you.” She said in motherly tone this time. But suddenly he heard a cry, a baby’s cry. Yoona’s sister then excused herself to take her crying baby.

And Jonghyun suddenly missed his family in Busan. He forgot when the last time he carried her niece. And he felt so tired too. He then let out his sigh.

Yeah, maybe she’s right. She need time…we need time…he concluded inwardly.

Maybe he really needed to refresh his mind too.

So, he bade her goodbye in the end and thanked her for telling him about Yoona’s condition.

“Kokjongmal. I’ll tell her that you came here…” she said again before Jonghyun left the house.

“Aniyo. Please don’t tell her anything. I just want to know about her condition.” but he refused it immediately, feeling worried that she might walk away again. “As you said before, I won’t force her.”

Yoona’s sister smiled warmly because of that.

“Okay then. Good luck, Lee Jonghyun-ssi…” she said sincerely as she patted Jonghyun’s left arm lightly.

“Ne~ kamsahamnida…”

 

***

 

Yoona let out her deep sigh, enjoying the ocean breeze from her hotel veranda. The sunset in front of her was so beautiful. It made her felt so warm.

She then sipped her orange juice again. She was craving of fresh juice more these days. But she was in Jejudo right at that time and it would be so wasted if she didn’t enjoy all natural dishes from this island. She wouldn’t be there all the time.

Yeah, Yoona decided to spend her vacation in Jejudo this. She took her time enjoying the scenery there. She always wanted to go vacationing alone. And she felt like this time she should make it happen. She actually felt so sorry for leaving her students again. She knew she was being difficult again and must be made everyone worried already, but she promised it was the last time she did so selfish like this. She really needed this so much.

It was already two weeks after that night. She went to SKKU right away to prepare her leave and just called her sister about her sudden decision. She felt sorry for breaking her promise to explain everything to her eonnie. But she really needed to run away at that time. And her sister could understand it in the end. But her eonnie demanded a full explanation for real after she came back. Yoona didn’t have any choice except agreed with it in the end.

She then realized that her glass was empty and decided to have a dinner.

She chose the outdoor restaurant as she wanted to keep enjoying the scenery. But then she remembered that she had not called her sister again since yesterday. So she called her again as she was waiting for her order to come.

“Finally…I thought you committed suicide already…” her sister stated coldly.

“Eonni~ you’re so mean. You know exactly that I won’t do something stupid like that.” Yoona whined by her sister statement.

And her sister continued nagging at her in the end and Yoona didn’t have any choices except hearing it until her sister felt content.

“Where are you exactly, Yoona-yahh?” her sister asked this question again. She did ask her with this question since the first time she was in Jeju.

“Aigoo~ this question again,” she mumbled in annoyance. “Don’t worry, Eonnie. I’m spending my vacation happily here. You know it very well that I really want to go here alone since last year.” She explained the same reason to her sister as she was trying to escape from this question.

“If you don’t want to tell me, then I won’t tell you something…” but her sister said a cheeky statement.

“Mwo? What is that?” Yoona asked back right away as she raised her eyebrows.

“Tell me where you are and I’ll tell you everything…” but her sister was so stubborn.

“Eonnie~” Yoona was whining again. She hated her eonnie so much when she started becoming so childish like that.

“Tell – me – now…” her eonnie insisted.

Yoona took a deep breath. She really didn’t want to tell her but she couldn’t lie that she was so curious about what her eonnie wanted to tell.

“I’ll be in Seoul next week Eonnie~” Yoona tried to buy some time until her eonnie forgot her question. But her eonnie didn’t say anything, implicitly saying that she didn’t take any excuses. And Yoona exhaled deeply again because of that.

“Ugh! Alright…I’m in Jejudo right now. So tell me what it is.” Yoona gave up in the end. “But don’t you dare to tell ANYONE that I’m here, Eonnie, or I won’t talk to you again for the rest of my life.” she threatened her sister in the end.

“Aigoo~ how childish you are…” her eonnie chuckled by Yoona’s answer.

“Yeah, and I’m talking with the most childish and absurd person in the world right now, ugh.” Yoona mumbled again as she rolled her eyes in annoyance as her eonnie laughed harder this time.

“Tell me, Eonni~” Yoona was whining again as her curiosity grew bigger.

But her sister was still laughing until Yoona whining again, “Eonnie~ jebalyo~”.

“Aigoo…you’re so impatient as always.” Her eonnie finally stopped laughing after that. Yoona heard she took a deep breath before saying, “I don’t know that your REASON to run away like this is so handsome.” She said as she emphasized word reason clearly.

M – mwo?

“What – what do you mean, Eonnie?” Yoona asked as her heart suddenly beat rapidly. She thought of a possibility.

“Lee Jonghyun came yesterday.”

THUMP!!!

She knew that she should be so happy after hearing that because it meant that Jonghyun had not given up yet. But she didn’t know why she felt so scared instead of happy.

Yoona didn’t say anything after that. She didn’t know how to respond it.

“He was so worried. And I told him what I know.” Her sister added.

But Yoona still silenced.

Her eonnie took a deep breath because of that. “You’re so stubborn, jinjja.” Her eonnie said again in annoyance. “I know that you need time. So just take your time as much as you want. But you should solve it right after you come back here, ahrasso?” as always her eonnie would understand her feeling until the end. And Yoona felt so grateful because of that. That was why she loved her so much.

“Ne~ Eonnie, gomawoyo~”

And then her order came. She had not ended her call with her eonnie. A waiter offered her to pour champagne into her crystal glass after that.

“Ohh, I don’t drink. Thank you~” she refused it immediately then looked into her dish.

She ordered the best seafood dish in this restaurant because it was looked so yummy in the picture. But then a strange smell hit her nose out of sudden.

“Jamsimanyo~ but are you sure it’s cooked well? Because it’s smell so fishy…” Yoona asked the waiter who fortunately was still there.

“Joesonghamnida, Miss. But it’s grilled seafood.” The waiter looked so confused by Yoona’s question.

“I know. But, it’s really so fishy.” Yoona insisted. The waiter then apologized to her again and offered to change the dish with a new one. And Yoona didn’t refuse it. She didn’t think she could eat a smelly dish like that.

“Isanghae~” she heard her eonnie said in another line since she changed it into loudspeaker mode. “Since when you hate fishy smell? You like seafood so much. You won’t care if it’s so fishy or not and finish it all.” Her eonnie voiced out her amazement.

THUMP!!!

Yoona’s heart suddenly beat rapidly again. It was not because she was so surprised. She just worried that her sister would make a wrong conclusion.

“And you don’t drink? Don’t be kidding me, Yoona-yahh. You won’t ever refuse alcohol in your life…” her eonnie added.

And Yoona just giggled because of that. “You should be happy, Eonnie. I’m not so young anymore, I should change my bad habit to be healthier from now on…” she tried to give a reason before her sister really began to suspect her.

“Hahh! You finally admit it yourself. If you realize that you’re not so young anymore, you should start thinking about marriage too…”

In the end, her sister started nagging about marriage. Yoona sighed in relieved and let herself got long advices about this matter.

She actually realized it. Something happened in her body. She was not so sure. She knew the possibility was so little. But it was not impossible either. And she did act more carefully since that night.

She might be crazy for thinking this. But yeah, she had a feeling that she was pregnant already.

She was definitely not in birth control when that night happened. She didn’t have a boyfriend for such a long time. So, she didn’t think that she needed to take those pills. But she knew exactly Jonghyun didn’t wear any protections too at that night. She didn’t think to take a plan B after that either. Then she felt her appetite was increasing. But she felt like it was too early to make any conclusions.

But she didn’t want to harm her baby if she was really pregnant. So, she avoided drinking alcohol since then and ate healthy foods instead.

Yoona sighed in relieved when she finally ended her conversation with her eonnie. And her new dish came but she still smelled it so fishy. She gave up and ordered another dish in the end.

But then she remembered about Jonghyun again.

It was already two weeks, but she was still scared. She said that she needed times and she thought she would be okay soon. But she was wrong. It was true that she finally could understand Jonghyun’s friendship with Shinhye. She didn’t doubt Jonghyun’s feeling too. But was she ready to accept Shinhye’s as the part of his life and her life too if she chose to be together with him in the end?

She was still not sure…

But if she was really pregnant, then she should start to change. She couldn’t be like that anymore. She didn’t want to harm her baby for thinking negatively. And Jonghyun should know too…but if it was true that she was pregnant.

Yoona took a deep breath for umpteenth times that night.

Let’s just go to a doctor first…she decided in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter