Five - Confession

You're the One for Me (Side Story 1)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
“The act of love is a confession.” ― Albert Camus

 

Jonghyun drove faster, inwardly praying that he could stop her for attending that blind date. His heart was thumping so crazily. He never thought that the idea of her was with someone else would make him scared like that.

He never felt like this before. Yoona was definitely not the first girl in his life. But this time was indeed different. Even if they never talked from heart to heart to each others, he didn’t know why he felt so sure with his feeling.

He didn’t want to lose her…

But Yoona was indeed a very stubborn girl that he had ever met. She was really not easy to be handled. She wouldn’t ever open her ears for his explanation. He didn’t know how to stop her for attending that blind date too since she would definitely ignore him. But he really needed to stop her. No matter what.

And after twenty minutes, Jonghyun finally arrived in Yoona’s apartment basement. He then rushed towards her unit, deeply hoping that she was still there.

He pressed up button of the elevator and suddenly getting impatient because that two elevators were going upstairs at the same time. He was considering to taking emergency stairs when that two elevators were suddenly going downstairs. It just took less than one minute for one of those two elevators finally opened in front of him.

He pressed her apartment bell, right after he finally arrived in front of her unit. But it was not answered. He tried again so many times, but there was still no answer. He then remembered that the other elevator was still going downstairs too when he arrived.

I’m late…he said inwardly.

He couldn’t waste his time there. He might be still could catch her in the way. So he rushed back to the elevator.

But the moment he went out of the elevator, he bumped into someone.

“Ahh…Ahjussi…” it was security ahjussi who helped him when he was sick before.

Jonghyun was about to ask him about Yoona, when suddenly the security ahjussi said, “If you want ask me about Miss Im, I just saw her walked towards her car…”

“Kamsahamnida, Ahjussi.”

He didn’t waste his time again and ran fast after he told his gratitude to security ahjussi.

And he finally saw her who just arrived near her car and looked so busy searching something in her purse. It seemed that she didn’t realize his appearance. So, he sprinted to reach her.

He should stop her before she entered her car.

“Yahh!” Yoona screamed when Jonghyun grabbed her elbow to stop her from entering her car.

“Kajima~ jebal~ Yoona-yahh…” he said as he panted heavily.

Yoona looked so surprised when she saw him. She didn’t expect Jonghyun would be there and stopped her dramatically like that.

“Please don’t make a scene, Lee Jonghyun-ssi. Let go of me.” She said coldly after that.

But Jonghyun didn’t want to release her. He was afraid she would run away again the moment he released her.

“Look, Lee Jonghyun-ssi. I don’t know what you want, but please, let go of me. I need to go. I have appointment…”

“Kajima…” but Jonghyun cut off Yoona’s sentence abruptly. Yoona was so surprised again because of that. “Please, don’t go to that blind date or whatever it is…jebal…” he added in desperation tone.

Yoona just stunned by that. It looked like she didn’t expect Jonghyun would know where she would go. But not long after that, her face turned red again. She suddenly looked so mad.

“I don’t know where you found out about this. But you…don’t have a right to ask me that, Lee Jonghyun-ssi.” Yoona was trying to say in calm tone but she failed, she stuttered a bit.

“Then please listen to my explanation first.” Jonghyun was really trying his best to make Yoona heard his explanation. He really needed to explain his true feeling.

“Explanation? What explanation huh?” Yoona was trembling with anger when she asked that. “About you who love your best friend and won’t ever leave her?”

Jonghyun was stunned by her words.

And Yoona didn’t waste the chance. While Jonghyun still stunned, she released herself from his grab.

Jonghyun was so surprised by that. But he moved so fast and caught her again in time. “I don’t – love her.” he said as he emphasized his words, feeling desperate by her strong refusal.

“You’re misunderstanding us all this time, Yoona-yahh. It’s not like that. It’s true that I care for her. But she’s just my best fri –“

“Then does it change anything?” But Yoona cut it off. “You still – won’t – ever – leave her…”

Jonghyun was so speechless again. He tried to explain her everything, but he couldn’t find any words.

God! She is really stubborn…

“I’m so tired with this. With us.” Yoona said again as she looked teary. “It’s really going nowhere. We even couldn’t talk properly without fighting in the end. I really want to stop this.”

“We won’t…” Jonghyun took a deep breath before he continued, “…fight if you at least can open your ears to listen my explanation.” He really tried his best to be calm, or Yoona would run away again.

“Ne~ I admit it that it’s always me who being hard between us. I just can’t, if she...” she stopped her words to take a deep breath, trying her best to hold her tears. “I know that I’m so stubborn. But really, I want to stop this, Jonghyun-ahh. Jebal~” Yoona begged in the end.

Andwae!

“No, Yoona-yahh…I lov – “

“Jebal!” And Yoona cut him off again. She said that as she looked at his eyes directly. “I really – really want to stop this, Jonghyun-ahh. So, please…let go of me…jebal~” she begged again.

THUMP!!!

He never felt this feeling before. But his heart was hurt after hearing that directly from her. It was different with what she had said to him all this time.

“Yoona-yahh…” Jonghyun couldn’t say anything and he released her without he realized it.

And Yoona didn’t waste the chance again. She entered her car right away and left him alone.

Jonghyun was really surprised. He didn’t need to be a mind reader to know that what Yoona had said was really from her heart. She really meant it this time.

But no! You can’t do that until you know my true feeling, Yoona-yahh! Jonghyun decided inwardly as he started running to his own car.

 

He tried to drive faster than before. He really needed to stop her. She should hear about his true feeling.

And she should know that Shinhye will go to LA…he added inwardly

And then, he finally saw her car. It was not so far in front of him. He then tried to catch her. But when Yoona realized that Jonghyun’s car was right behind hers, she drove faster.

She is really stubborn, geez…

Jonghyun was really couldn’t think clearly because of that. He didn’t know what to do to stop her.

It took several seconds before a crazy idea flashed in his mind. He knew that it was too risky. But Yoona was really stubborn and she couldn’t be stopped so easily.

If it can make her stop, then I’ll take the risk. He decided inwardly before he drove faster.

He saw her car again that was not far from him. He then drove fast until he passed her car.

He took a very deep breath as he prayed inwardly, before he…turned his car so abruptly and…

BRAAAKKKKK!@#$%^&

“KYAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!”

He heard it. He heard people screamed before everything…turned dark…

 

***

 

Yoona’s breath was still unsteady. She was trying her best to not crying. She really felt so tired but Jonghyun was really so stubborn. And she didn’t know how he found out about the blind date.

Minhyuk told him…she concluded inwardly.

She knew that she was being so stubborn. And she knew perfectly that Shinhye was his best friend. But she really couldn’t accept their condition. She didn’t want to be with him if that girl was still there. She was so scared if she had to experience what Joohyun did. She just couldn’t…

But in the middle of thinking, she suddenly saw his car that was already right behind her.

Andwae! She shouted inwardly then drove faster and left his car behind.

She looked at the mirror to make sure that he was really left behind. And after several seconds, she didn’t see his car anymore. She thought that Jonghyun finally gave up. But suddenly she saw his car moved really fast.

M – mwo?

It passed by her until she opened without she realized it.

But it turned so abruptly and…

BRAAAKKKKK!@#$%^&

“KYAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!”

Yoona stopped her car immediately as she heard everyone around her started screaming. She couldn’t believe what she had seen.

Jonghyun just crashed his car…intentionally.

“It – it can’t be…an – andwae…” she stammered as she unbuckled the seatbelt and went out of her car immediately.

She covered as she felt her feet started trembling. She felt so weak. But she needed to make sure he was okay. So she forced her legs to run fast towards his car.

She was so scared but she needed to check him.

And when she finally arrived in front of his car, she gasped in horror to see blood on his left temple. Without she realized it, she started knocking his car’s window with her fists.

“Jonghyun-ahh! Wake up! Jonghyun-ahh! Jebal…” she started sobbing too as she kept knocking the window.

But he was not moving at all. “Jebal, Jonghyun-ahh…jebal!!!” and she kept knocking the window.

She didn’t know what to do. She just wanted him to wake up or…”Please…save him please!!!” she started screaming to everyone around him in desperation tone, before she turned back to knock his car window again.

And not long after that, she saw Jonghyun moved his head.

“Jonghyun-ahh! Jonghyun-ahh!” she knocked harder because of that and felt like her heart suddenly thumped crazier than before.

Please…please…she prayed inwardly.

He then opened his eyes. Yoona stopped

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter